2012 Dodge Journey Insurance Cost
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 9, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want better insurance coverage rates for your Dodge Journey? Overpriced Dodge Journey insurance can empty your checking account and make it impossible to make ends meet. Doing a price comparison is free and is an excellent way to make sure you’re not throwing money away.
Many insurance companies vie to insure your vehicles, and it can be difficult to compare rates and get the definite lowest rate possible.
Auto Insurance Comparisons
All the larger auto insurance companies such as State Farm, Allstate and GEICO quote insurance quotes on their websites. Obtaining pricing is pretty easy as you just enter the coverages you want into the quote form. When complete, the system automatically orders your driving and credit reports and returns a price quote. Online quotes streamlines rate comparisons, but the time required to go to different websites and type in the same information is repetitive and time-consuming. But it’s absolutely necessary to get many rate quotes if you are searching for the lowest auto insurance rates.
The smarter way to compare auto insurance pricing is to use a quote form to obtain quotes from a lot of companies. It saves time, eliminates repetitive work, and makes online shopping much more enjoyable. After your information is entered, it is quoted and you can choose any one of the price quotes you receive. If a lower price is quoted, you can click and sign and purchase coverage. This process only takes a few minutes and you will find out if you’re overpaying now.
To get comparison pricing now, click here and input your coverage information. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you copy the limits and deductibles identical to your current policy. This makes sure you’re receiving a price comparison based on similar coverages.
How to reduce Dodge Journey insurance rates
Companies offering auto insurance do not list every available discount very clearly, so we researched some of the best known as well as the least known ways to save on auto insurance.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for multiple vehicles on the same auto insurance policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Sign Early and Save – A few companies offer discounts for switching to them before your current policy expires. It can save you around 10%.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles could be rewarded with lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Paperless Signup – A few companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy on their website.
- Senior Discount – Mature drivers may be able to get a small decrease in premiums for Journey insurance.
- Discount for Good Grades – Performing well in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control are safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Student Driver Training – Require your teen driver to successfully complete driver’s ed class in school.
Drivers should understand that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
Tailor your coverage to you
When buying the right insurance coverage, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Every insured’s situation is different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my 2012 Dodge Journey?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
Car insurance 101
Learning about specific coverages of your policy aids in choosing which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. These are the usual coverages offered by insurance companies.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for immediate expenses such as funeral costs, rehabilitation expenses, dental work, ambulance fees and hospital visits. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers all vehicle occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for things like hitting a deer, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and damage from flooding. The maximum payout a insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Collision coverage protection
Collision coverage covers damage to your Journey from colliding with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers claims like sustaining damage from a pot hole, backing into a parked car and colliding with another moving vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. You can also bump up the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This coverage gives you protection when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Dodge Journey.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea.
Liability insurance will cover damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property that is your fault. This coverage protects you against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have limits of 100/300/100 which stand for a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $100,000.
Liability coverage protects against things such as medical services, legal defense fees, loss of income and attorney fees. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area