View 2012 Honda Fit Insurance Cost
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 24, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for better car insurance rates for your Honda Fit? Searching for cheap car insurance on the web may be difficult for consumers new to online price comaprisons. Because there are so many insurers available, how can anyone effectively compare every company to locate the best price?
If you currently have car insurance, you will be able to save some money using these techniques. The purpose of this article is to let you in on how to effectively get price quotes and some tips to save money. But car owners need to have an understanding of how companies sell online and use this information to your advantage.
Compare Car Insurance Today
There are several ways to get quotes and find the best price. One of the best ways to compare 2012 Honda Fit insurance prices involves getting comparison quotes online. This can be done in several different ways.
- The most efficient way consumers can make multiple comparisons is a comparison rater form click to view form in new window. This easy form keeps you from doing a different quote for each company. Just one form gets you coverage quotes from multiple low-cost companies. This is by far the quickest method.
- A more time consuming way to obtain and compare quotes online consists of visiting each company website and fill out their own quote form. For sake of this example, we’ll assume you want comparison quotes from GEICO, State Farm and Liberty Mutual. You would have to spend time on each company’s site to input your insurance information, and that’s why the first method is more popular. For a list of links to companies insuring cars in your area, click here.
- The most time-consuming method to compare rates is to waste gas driving to local insurance agencies. Buying insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you prefer the professional advice of a licensed agent. Drivers can compare online quotes and still use a local agent and you’ll learn how to do that later.
However you get your quotes, ensure you are comparing the exact same coverage information on every quote. If you compare different values for each quote it will be very difficult to determine the lowest rate for your Honda Fit. Quoting even small variations in insurance coverages may cause a big price difference. Just remember that comparing more company’s prices will increase your chances of finding the best offered rates.
Ads can be misleading
Companies like State Farm and Allstate continually stream ads on television and other media. All the ads make an identical promise that you can save after switching to their company. But how can every company make almost identical claims? This is how they do it.
All companies can use profiling for the driver that makes them money. A good example of a preferred risk might be profiled as over the age of 50, a clean driving record, and has a short commute. A propective insured that hits that “sweet spot” will get the preferred rates and as a result will probably save when they switch companies.
Drivers who fall outside this ideal profile will have to pay higher premiums which leads to the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ads state “drivers who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save money. That’s the way insurance companies can confidently advertise the way they do.
Because of the profiling, it’s extremely important to get as many comparisons as possible. You cannot predict which company will provide you with the cheapest Honda Fit insurance rates.
Honda Fit insurance rates can be determined by these details
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that play a part in calculating the price you pay for car insurance. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with lower car insurance prices.
Shown below are a few of the “ingredients” companies use to determine rates.
- Poor credit can mean higher rates – Your credit history is a big factor in calculating your car insurance rates. If your credit score is not that good, you could pay less to insure your 2012 Honda Fit by improving your credit score. Drivers with good credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with lower credit scores.
- Choose a safe vehicle and save – Safer cars can get you lower premiums. Safer cars have better occupant injury protection and any reduction in injury severity means lower claim amounts and thus lower rates. If the Honda Fit scored better than an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it may be receiving lower rates.
- Older drivers save more – Mature drivers are more cautious drivers, tend to file fewer claims and receive fewer citations. Youthful drivers have a tendency to be less responsible in a vehicle and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
- Where you live is a factor – Being located in a small town can be a good thing when buying car insurance. Fewer people means reduced accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Drivers who live in large cities tend to have much more traffic to deal with and longer commute times. Longer commute distances means higher likelihood of an accident.
Be sure to get all your discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but there are discounts available to help offset the cost. Certain discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but less common discounts must be asked for before being credited.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a home may earn you a small savings because owning a home requires personal responsibility.
- Life Insurance – Some companies give lower rates if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Good Student – A discount for being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Distant Student – Youth drivers who are attending college and do not have a car can receive lower rates.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can avoid accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company you will save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Accident Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay less when compared with bad drivers.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking a course in driver safety could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
- Safe Driver Discount – Insureds without accidents may save up to 50% more on Fit insurance than their less cautious counterparts.
- Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles on your Honda could qualify for better rates on cars that stay parked.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won’t be that lucky. Any amount of discount will cut the amount you have to pay.
A partial list of companies that possibly offer some of the above discounts include:
Before buying, ask each company which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts may not apply in your state.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When choosing proper insurance coverage, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Every situation is different.
For instance, these questions could help you determine whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in my state?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my 2012 Honda Fit?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
If you can’t answer these questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form.
Learn about auto insurance coverages for a Honda Fit
Understanding the coverages of your auto insurance policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from flooding and a broken windshield. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers claims like colliding with another moving vehicle, driving through your garage door, hitting a parking meter, rolling your car and hitting a mailbox. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. You can also choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
This will cover damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property. This coverage protects you from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 50/100/50 which stand for a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Occasionally you may see one number which is a combined single limit which limits claims to one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage pays for things such as structural damage, bail bonds, emergency aid, repair costs for stationary objects and attorney fees. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but buy higher limits if possible.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for injuries to you and your family and damage to your Honda Fit.
Since many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important. Most of the time the UM/UIM limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Medical expense coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for immediate expenses such as X-ray expenses, pain medications, chiropractic care, funeral costs and surgery. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Best coverage at the best price
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your strategy should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
Consumers switch companies for any number of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, policy non-renewal, extreme rates for teen drivers and even high prices. Regardless of your reason, finding a new car insurance company is not as difficult as it may seem.
The cheapest 2012 Honda Fit insurance is attainable both online and also from your neighborhood agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies may not provide online price quotes and these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
Additional detailed information is available at these sites:
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area