2012 Jeep Compass Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 23, 2017
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2012 Jeep Compass are $1,124 a year for full coverage. Comprehensive costs approximately $196, collision costs $310, and liability insurance costs $460. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $510 a year, with high-risk insurance costing around $2,430. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at $4,434 a year or more.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,124
Rate estimates for 2012 Jeep Compass Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2012 Jeep Compass models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a middle-aged driver, prices range go from as low as $510 for just liability coverage to the much higher price of $2,430 for a high risk driver.
These differences show why everyone should compare rates using their specific location and risk profile, rather than relying on price averages.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2012 Jeep Compass Insurance
Want lower insurance rates for your Jeep Compass? Are you intimidated by the crazy number of insurance options? Many other consumers are too. Consumers have so many companies to choose from that it can turn into a big hassle to compare prices.
Compare Auto Insurance Today
The are a couple different ways to compare rate quotes and find the best price. The easiest way by far to find the cheapest 2012 Jeep Compass insurance rates is to perform an online rate comparison. This can be done in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- The easiest and least time consuming way to compare a lot of rates at once is to use a rate comparison form like this one (opens in new window). This type of form keeps you from doing a different quote for each company. Completing one form gets you coverage quotes from all major companies. It’s definitely the quickest method.
- A more difficult way to shop for auto insurance online requires a visit to the website for every company you want to comare to complete a price quote. For examples sake, let’s assume you want rates from Progressive, Safeco and Travelers. You would have to go to every website to input your insurance information, which is why most consumers use the first method. For a list of links to companies insuring cars in your area, click here.
- The least efficient method of comparing rate quotes is to spend your day driving to and from local insurance agencies. The internet eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you prefer the professional guidance only provided by licensed agents. However, consumers can compare online quotes but buy from a local insurance agent and we’ll talk about that later.
Whichever method you choose, be sure to compare apples-to-apples coverages and limits for every quote you compare. If you use higher or lower deductibles you will not be able to make a fair comparison for your Jeep Compass. Slightly different insurance coverages can make a big difference in price. And when comparing auto insurance rates, know that comparing a large number of companies provides better odds of finding a lower rate.
Discounts are available to cut your rates
Car insurance can cost a lot, but there could be available discounts that you may not even be aware of. Some discounts apply automatically when you quote, but less common discounts must be asked for before you get the savings.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a family member in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off for Compass coverage with a few insurance companies.
- Auto/Life Discount – Companies who offer life insurance give a break if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less for Compass coverage than drivers with accidents.
It’s important to understand that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn’t quite work that way. But all discounts will cut your premiums.
For a list of insurers with discount insurance rates, follow this link.
Everyone needs different coverages
When it comes to buying the best car insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Every insured’s situation is different.
These are some specific questions might help in determining whether you may require specific advice.
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my 2012 Jeep Compass is totaled?
- Does my 2012 Jeep Compass need full coverage?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Should I rate my 2012 Jeep Compass as pleasure use or commute?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- How much liability insurance is required?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Factors that might impact rates for a Jeep Compass
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that help determine car insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with lower car insurance prices.
- More claims means more premium – If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Insurance companies give cheaper rates to insureds who do not file claims often. Car insurance is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Liability insurance protects assets – The liability section of your policy provides coverage when a jury decides you are liable for damages caused by your negligence. Liability provides legal defense starting from day one. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
- Don’t let your coverage lapse – Driving with no insurance is a misdemeanor and car insurance companies will penalize you for letting your coverage lapse. And not only will insurance be more expensive, getting caught without coverage might get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Teen drivers pay high rates – Teenage drivers are known to be less responsible when driving so car insurance rates are higher. If you’ve ever had to add a teen driver onto a policy can really hurt. More mature drivers tend to be more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents and receive fewer citations.
- Better crash test results mean better rates – Vehicles with high crash test scores are cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles result in less severe injuries and any reduction in injury severity means less money paid by your insurance company and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Jeep is rated at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may be receiving lower rates.
- Clean credit earns discounts – Having a bad credit rating is a big factor in calculating your car insurance rates. Consumers who have excellent credit tend to be less risk to insure than drivers with poor credit. If your credit rating can use some improvement, you could pay less to insure your 2012 Jeep Compass by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Your job and insurance rates – Careers like doctors, executives and stock brokers have the highest rates in part from stressful work requirements and long work days. On the other hand, occupations such as farmers, students and the unemployed get better rates for Compass coverage.
Specifics of your car insurance policy
Having a good grasp of a car insurance policy can help you determine the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Liability coverages – Liability coverage protects you from damage or injury you incur to other people or property. It protects you from claims by other people. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see policy limits of 50/100/50 which stand for a limit of $50,000 per injured person, $100,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have one limit called combined single limit (CSL) that pays claims from the same limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage pays for claims like medical services, loss of income, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, emergency aid and legal defense fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
Comprehensive coverage – This covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like damage from getting keyed, vandalism, hail damage, hitting a deer and falling objects. The most your car insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Medical payments coverage and PIP – Med pay and PIP coverage pay for expenses for EMT expenses, X-ray expenses, pain medications, prosthetic devices and ambulance fees. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Collision coverage – Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against things like hitting a parking meter, driving through your garage door, crashing into a ditch and sideswiping another vehicle. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage – This coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Stretch your dollar
As you restructure your insurance plan, don’t be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where someone sacrificed physical damage coverage only to regret that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price.
You just read some good ideas how you can shop for 2012 Jeep Compass insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get rates for, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even find the most savings is with the least-expected company.
Lower-priced insurance can be found online and also from your neighborhood agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies may not provide online price quotes and these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
More tips and info about insurance can be found at these sites:
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$1,776|
|Los Angeles, CA||$1,923|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$74|
|5-yr Claim Free||$71|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$44|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.