View 2013 Jeep Wrangler Insurance Cost
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 16, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
I can’t think of a single person who looks forward to buying insurance coverage, particularly when the cost is too high. Because you have many different company options, it is very difficult to choose the lowest price company.
You should make it a habit to check insurance coverage prices quite often because rates tend to go up over time. Even if you think you had the lowest price on Wrangler insurance two years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. So just forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance coverage because you’re going to learn the quickest way to find lower rates on insurance coverage.
Shopping for cheaper car insurance coverage is quite easy. If you have a current car insurance policy or are shopping for new coverage, you can follow these tips to shop for the lowest rates while maximizing coverage. Consumers just need to learn the proper methods to get comparison quotes online.
Do you qualify for a discount?
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there are discounts available to cut the cost considerably. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time you complete a quote, but a few need to be specially asked for in order for you to get them. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Safe Driver Discount – Safe drivers may save up to 50% more on Wrangler insurance than drivers with accident claims.
- New Car Discount – Buying coverage on a new vehicle is cheaper due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- No Claims – Good drivers with no accidents can earn big discounts when compared with frequent claim filers.
- Senior Citizens – If you’re over the age of 55, you may receive better insurance rates on Wrangler insurance.
- Payment Method – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Driver Safety – Completing a course teaching defensive driving skills could cut 5% off your bill if your company offers it.
- Auto/Life Discount – Larger companies have better rates if you take out auto and life insurance together.
Consumers should know that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn’t quite work that way. But all discounts will help reduce your premiums.
Companies who might offer some of the above discounts may include but are not limited to:
- State Farm
- The Hartford
Check with each company which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts might not be offered everywhere.
Compare Auto Insurance Today
Shopping for lower auto insurance rates can be a lot of work if you don’t know the most efficient way. You can waste a few hours (or days) driving to agents in your area, or you can stay home and use online quotes for quick rates.
Most car insurance companies participate in a marketplace that allows shoppers to submit their information once, and every company then gives them pricing determined by their information. This saves time by eliminating quote forms to each company. To find out what other companies charge for 2013 Jeep Wrangler insurance click to open in new window.
One minor caviat to using this type of form is you cannot specify which companies you want pricing from. If you wish to select specific providers for rate comparison, we have a listing of companies who write auto insurance in your area. Click here for list of insurance companies.
Whichever method you choose, ensure you are comparing apples-to-apples coverage information for every quote you compare. If you compare unequal deductibles or liability limits it will be impossible to determine the best price for your Jeep Wrangler.
Why You Might Be Paying Too Much to Insure Your Jeep Wrangler
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that play a part in calculating your car insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to lower car insurance prices.
- Older drivers pay less – Mature drivers are more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents and get fewer tickets. Youthful drivers have a tendency to be more careless in a vehicle and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
- Lower deductibles cost more – Physical damage deductibles represent how much money you are required to spend in the event of a claim. Insurance for physical damage to your car, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, insures against damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply are colliding with a building, damage caused by hail, and windstorm damage. The more expense you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive on Wrangler insurance.
- Your car’s features help determine rates – Purchasing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Anti-theft devices like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all aid in stopping your vehicle from being stolen.
- Discounts for multiple policies – Most car insurance companies give discounts to policyholders who carry more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, you still need to comparison shop to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. You may still be able to find a better deal by buying insurance from more than one company.
- Being married is a good thing – Being married helps lower the price on your car insurance policy. It means you’re more mature and it’s proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Rates may be higher depending on your occupation – Careers like lawyers, business owners and stock brokers are shown to have the highest rates because of high stress and long work hours. On the other hand, professions such as farmers, students and retirees pay the least on Wrangler insurance.
- Men fork out a little more – Statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, this does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Women and men tend to get into accidents in similar numbers, but men have costlier accidents. Men also have more aggressive citations like reckless driving and DUI. Young males tend to get in the most accidents and are penalized with high car insurance rates.
What coverages do I need?
When it comes to choosing coverage, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s needs are different so your insurance needs to address that. For instance, these questions may help you determine if your situation might need professional guidance.
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my 2013 Jeep Wrangler?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Who is covered when they drive my 2013 Jeep Wrangler?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Coverages Available on Your Policy
Knowing the specifics of your policy can help you determine which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring. Listed below are typical coverages offered by car insurance companies.
Medical expense coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for bills for rehabilitation expenses, ambulance fees, pain medications and prosthetic devices. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Most of the time your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for things like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from getting keyed, rock chips in glass, a broken windshield and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Coverage for collisions
This covers damage to your Wrangler caused by collision with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for claims like crashing into a ditch, hitting a parking meter and damaging your car on a curb. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. Another option is to choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
Liability auto insurance
Liability coverage will cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property by causing an accident. It protects you against claims from other people. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see policy limits of 50/100/50 that means you have $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as loss of income, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, structural damage and legal defense fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but buy as much as you can afford.
Power to the Consumer
When you buy insurance online, don’t be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are a lot of situations where someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. The aim is to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
The cheapest 2013 Jeep Wrangler insurance is attainable both online and with local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection. Some companies do not offer you the ability to get quotes online and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
More information can be read on the following sites:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Nissan Altima Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area