Cheapest 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 11, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Feel like you’re a prisoner to an overpriced car insurance policy for your Subaru Impreza WRX? Trust us when we tell you many consumers feel financially strained by their car insurance policy.
Companies like State Farm, Allstate, GEICO, and Progressive promote their brand names with ad campaigns and it is challenging if not impossible to ignore the propaganda and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
If you currently have car insurance, you will be able to reduce your rates substantially using this strategy. Finding affordable coverage is easy if you know what you’re doing. But vehicle owners must know how insurance companies sell insurance online and apply this information to your search for affordable Subaru Impreza quotes.
Get the Subaru Impreza Coverage You Need
When buying adequate coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a cookie-cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that These are some specific questions that may help you determine whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Does my 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX qualify for pleasure use?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
How much does car insurance cost and what determines insurance rates? Let’s take a look.
Factors Affecting Subaru Impreza Car Insurance Rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that come into play when calculating their insurance coverage rates. Understanding what controls the rates you pay enables informed choices that may reward you with better insurance coverage rates.
The list below includes a few of the “ingredients” insurance coverage companies consider when setting rates.
- Lower miles equals lower premium – Driving more miles each year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Almost all companies price each vehicle’s coverage based on their usage. Autos that are left in the garage get more affordable rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Verify your insurance coverage coverage is showing the proper vehicle usage. Incorrect usage on your Impreza WRX may be wasting your money.
- Your occupation can affect rates – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Jobs such as lawyers, architects, and dentists are shown to have the highest average rates in part from high-stress levels and long work hours. Other occupations like pilots, historians, and performers pay the least on Impreza WRX coverage.
- Lower rates come with age – Young drivers have a tendency to be more careless in a vehicle so insurance coverage rates are higher. Mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and are safer drivers.
- Lower deductibles cost more – Physical damage deductibles define the amount you are required to spend out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. Insurance for physical damage to your car termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy is used to repair damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims would be running into the backend of another car, vandalism, or theft. The more expense you have to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance on Impreza WRX coverage.
Subaru Impreza Auto Insurance Coverage
Understanding the coverages of an insurance policy aids in choosing the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Insurance terms can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. These are the normal coverages available from insurance companies.
Medical payments and PIP Coverage
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for immediate expenses like doctor visits, pain medications, nursing services, ambulance fees and hospital visits. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover you and your occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) Coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Subaru Impreza WRX.
Due to the fact that many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important.
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with a stationary object or another vehicle. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against claims like driving through your garage door, hitting a parking meter, scraping a guard rail, and colliding with another moving vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Liability insurance will cover damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property that is your fault. It protects YOU against claims from other people and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see limits of 100/300/100 which means a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage of $100,000.
Liability coverage protects against things such as pain and suffering, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, attorney fees, and structural damage. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but buy higher limits if possible.
This coverage will pay to fix the damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as a broken windshield, theft and hitting a bird. The highest amount an insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Compare Quote and Save On Subaru Impreza Car Insurance Rates
Discount 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX insurance can be found online as well as from independent agents, so compare prices from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies don’t offer you the ability to get quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
We just presented some good ideas on how to get a better price on insurance. Whether you are looking for Subaru STI quotes, Impreza insurance quotes, or any other vehicle, the most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money.
Consumers could even find that the lowest-priced insurance comes from the least-expected company. Regional companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments as compared to the big-name companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
Finding Subaru Impreza Car Insurance Quotes Online
There are multiple methods to compare 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX insurance coverage prices but some are less time-consuming than others. You could spend your day talking to agents in your area, or you can stay home and use the internet to get the quickest rates.
Many companies participate in a marketplace that allows shoppers to submit their information once, and each company then gives them pricing based on that data. This saves time by eliminating quote requests for each company you want a rate for.
Which method you use is up to you, but double-check that you are using identical information with each company. If you use different deductibles it will be very difficult to make an equal comparison. Slightly different limits can make a big difference in price. It’s important to know that getting more free quotes helps you find better pricing.
Discounts on Subaru Impreza Car Insurance
Companies offering auto insurance do not advertise all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of some of the best known and the more hidden ways to save on insurance coverage.
- Good Student Discount – Getting good grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
- Driver’s Ed – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to complete a driver education course in school.
- Multiple Vehicles – Insuring multiple vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Driver Safety – Taking a driver safety course can save you 5% or more if you qualify.
- Government Employees – Simply working for the federal government can earn a discount up to 10% on Impreza WRX coverage with a few insurance coverage companies.
- Resident Student – Youth drivers who attend school more than 100 miles from home and don’t have a car can receive lower rates.
- Accident Forgiveness – Certain companies will allow you to have one accident before your rates go up so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to the accident.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all occupants to use their safety belts can save up to 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Braking Control Discount – Anti-lock brake-equipped vehicles prevent accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
Keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn’t work that way.
Companies that may offer these money-saving discounts may include but are not limited to:
- State Farm
- Farmers Insurance
Double-check with each company what discounts are available to you. Discounts might not be offered everywhere.
How Insurance Companies Assess Risk
Progressive, Allstate, and GEICO constantly bombard you with ads in print and on television. All the companies make an identical promise of big savings if you switch your policy. But how can every company make almost identical claims? It’s all in the numbers.
All the different companies are able to cherry-pick the type of driver they prefer to insure. A good example of a preferred risk could be between the ages of 40 and 55 with multiple vehicles and a high credit rating. Any new insured that hits that “sweet spot” is entitled to the best price and therefore will save when they switch companies.
Consumers who do not match the “perfect” profile will have to pay higher premiums and ends up with business going elsewhere. The ad wording is “customers that switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much.
That is how companies can claim big savings. Because of the profiling, it is so important to get a wide range of price quotes. You cannot predict which insurance companies will give you the biggest savings on Subaru Impreza WRX insurance.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are there any specific factors that can affect the insurance rates for a 2013 Subaru BRZ?
Yes, several factors can influence the insurance rates for a 2013 Subaru BRZ. Some common factors include your driving record, age, location, credit history, the level of coverage you choose, and the deductible amount. Additionally, the safety features of the vehicle and its susceptibility to theft can also impact the rates.
Can I get discounts based on my driving habits?
Yes, some insurance companies offer discounts based on your driving habits. They may provide usage-based insurance programs where your premium is determined by factors such as mileage, driving speed, and acceleration. Installing telematics devices in your vehicle that monitor your driving behavior can help you qualify for such discounts.
Should I consider bundling my auto insurance with other policies for potential discounts?
Bundling your auto insurance with other policies, such as homeowners or renters insurance, can often lead to discounts. Many insurance providers offer multi-policy discounts, so it’s worth exploring if you have other insurance needs that can be combined.
Does the cost insurance vary by location?
Yes, the cost of insurance can vary based on your location. Factors such as the crime rate, population density, and frequency of accidents in your area can impact insurance rates. Urban areas with higher crime rates and more traffic tend to have higher insurance premiums compared to rural areas.
What should I do if I’m having trouble finding affordable insurance rates for my 2013 Subaru BRZ?
If you’re having trouble finding affordable insurance rates, consider seeking assistance from an independent insurance agent or broker. They have access to multiple insurance providers and can help you find the best coverage options based on your needs and budget. They may also have knowledge of any specialized programs or discounts specific to Subaru vehicles that could help lower your rates.
Are there any specific safety features that can help reduce my insurance premiums for a 2013 Subaru BRZ?
Yes, certain safety features can contribute to lower insurance premiums. The 2013 Subaru BRZ comes equipped with standard safety features, such as anti-lock brakes and airbags. Additionally, if your vehicle has additional safety features like traction control, electronic stability control, or a rearview camera, you may be eligible for further discounts on your insurance rates.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Nissan Altima Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area