2014 Acura RDX Insurance Quotes – 10 Policy Discounts
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find the cheapest car insurance rates for your Acura RDX? Have you had enough of paying out the nose each month for car insurance? You are no different than many other drivers. There are many insurers to buy insurance from, and although it’s nice to be able to choose, so many choices can make it hard to find the lowest rates.
How to Lower Your Auto Insurance Cost
Finding a better price on auto insurance doesn’t have to be difficult. You just need to take a couple of minutes to compare rate quotes online with multiple companies. This can be accomplished in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- The best way to find low rates is a comparison rater form (click to open form in new window). This form eliminates the need for repetitive form submissions for each company you want a rate for. Taking the time to complete one form will return quotes from many national carriers.
- Another way to get quotes online is to manually visit the website for each individual company to request a price quote. For sake of this example, let’s say you want comparison quotes from Allstate, Liberty Mutual and Progressive. You would have to spend time on each company’s site and enter your policy data, and that’s why the first method is more popular. To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just make sure you use the exact same deductibles and coverage limits for every quote you compare. If you are comparing unequal deductibles or liability limits it’s not possible to truly determine the lowest rate.
How to reduce 2014 Acura RDX insurance rates
Car insurance is not cheap, but companies offer discounts to help offset the cost. Most are applied when you complete an application, but a few must be asked about before you get the savings. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- Sign Early and Save – Some companies give discounts for signing up prior to your current policy expiration. It can save you around 10%.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Insuring multiple cars or trucks on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being on active duty in the military could be rewarded with lower premiums.
- Paperwork-free – Certain companies may give you up to $50 simply for signing online.
- 55 and Retired – If you’re over the age of 55, you can possibly qualify for better insurance coverage rates for RDX insurance.
- No Accidents – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay much less when compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low mileage vehicles could qualify for discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Seat Belts Save – Requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save 10% or more off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Resident Student – Any of your kids who live away from home and don’t have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
Consumers should know that most discounts do not apply the whole policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won’t be that lucky. Any amount of discount will reduce the cost of coverage.
A partial list of companies who might offer these money-saving discounts include:
Check with every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts may not apply in your state.
Tailor your coverage to you
When buying coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Every situation is different so your insurance should reflect that For example, these questions may help you determine if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my 2014 Acura RDX is totaled?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Insurance policy specifics
Understanding the coverages of a insurance policy can help you determine which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. Insurance terms can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Listed below are the normal coverages found on most insurance policies.
Collision – This coverage pays for damage to your RDX resulting from a collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as hitting a parking meter, colliding with a tree, crashing into a ditch, crashing into a building and driving through your garage door. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Auto liability insurance – This protects you from damage that occurs to a person or their property. This coverage protects you against claims from other people. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have liability limits of 25/50/25 which stand for $25,000 bodily injury coverage, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Occasionally you may see one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which provides one coverage limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability can pay for things like bail bonds, legal defense fees, emergency aid and attorney fees. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford.
Comprehensive insurance – This covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like falling objects, damage from a tornado or hurricane and fire damage. The maximum amount your insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Coverage for medical expenses – Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for bills for rehabilitation expenses, chiropractic care, nursing services, doctor visits and ambulance fees. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to you and your occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers – This coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Acura RDX.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Save for a rainy day
When buying insurance coverage, it’s very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your aim should be to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
You just read a lot of techniques to reduce 2014 Acura RDX insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even discover the biggest savings come from a small local company. Some small companies often have lower prices on specific markets compared to the large companies like GEICO and State Farm.
More tips and info about insurance can be found in the articles below:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area