2014 Lexus IS 250 Insurance Quotes – 6 Policy Discounts
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find the cheapest car insurance rates for your Lexus IS 250? Are you tired of robbing Peter to pay Paul each month for car insurance? You’re in the same situation as most other car owners.
Consumers have many insurers to purchase coverage from, and although it’s a good thing to have multiple companies, having more auto insurance companies makes it harder to find the best rates.
Save big with these six discounts
Car insurance companies don’t always advertise all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we researched some of the more common and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving.
- Senior Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you can possibly qualify for better insurance rates for IS 250 coverage.
- Own a Home – Simply owning a home may trigger a insurance policy discount because of the fact that having a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you have multiple policies with one company you will save at least 10% off all policies.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Cars that have air bags can get savings of 20% or more.
- Sign Online – A few companies will give a small break simply for signing on their website.
- Good Student – A discount for being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. The discount lasts up to age 25.
A little note about advertised discounts, many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Car insurance companies that may offer these benefits include:
It’s a good idea to ask all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts might not apply in your state.
Cheap Insurance Coverage Comparisons
When shopping for insurance coverage there are multiple ways to compare rate quotes from local insurance coverage companies. The best method to find competitive 2014 Lexus IS 250 insurance rates consists of shopping online. This can be accomplished in several different ways.
- The first (and easiest) way to find low rates is a comparison rater form like this one (opens in new window). This method keeps you from doing separate forms to each individual insurance coverage company. One simple form gets you price quotes from insurance coverage companies with the best prices.
- Another way to compare prices is going to the website of each company to complete a price quote. For example, we’ll pretend you want to compare Allstate, Liberty Mutual and State Farm. To find out each rate you need to visit each site and enter your information, which is why the first method is quicker.
To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
Whichever method you choose, make sure you use apples-to-apples information for every quote you compare. If you use unequal deductibles or liability limits it will be impossible to decipher which rate is best. Slightly different coverage limits may result in large price differences. It’s important to know that comparing a large number of companies helps you find better pricing.
But I don’t know anything about car insurance
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is unique so this has to be addressed. For example, these questions can aid in determining whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in my state?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
The coverage is in the details
Knowing the specifics of insurance aids in choosing which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. These are typical coverages found on the average insurance policy.
Comprehensive auto coverage – This pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like rock chips in glass, damage from a tornado or hurricane, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, fire damage and theft. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Medical payments and PIP coverage – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for bills for things like EMT expenses, pain medications, surgery and funeral costs. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Collision – Collision insurance pays for damage to your IS 250 caused by collision with another car or object. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers claims like hitting a mailbox, sustaining damage from a pot hole, damaging your car on a curb and colliding with another moving vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
Liability auto insurance – This coverage protects you from damage that occurs to people or other property. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have values of 50/100/50 that translate to a limit of $50,000 per injured person, $100,000 for the entire accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for things like legal defense fees, structural damage, loss of income and court costs. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage – This provides protection when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family.
More quotes. Lower rates.
Low-cost 2014 Lexus IS 250 insurance is definitely available from both online companies in addition to many insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers do not provide the ability to get a quote online and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
We just presented some good ideas how you can reduce insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the lowest rates come from the smaller companies. These companies often have lower prices on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Helpful learning opportunities
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area