Save on 2015 Ford Focus ST Insurance Quotes
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 2, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Having to pay for overpriced Ford Focus ST insurance can overdraw your personal savings and make it impossible to make ends meet. Comparison shopping is a great way to tighten up your finances. Insurance companies such as Allstate and Progressive continually bombard you with TV and radio ads and it can be hard to see past the geckos and flying pigs and do the work needed to find the best deal.
It’s important to check auto insurance prices quite often because rates change regularly. Just because you had the best deal on Focus ST insurance a year ago you will most likely find a better rate today. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the tricks you need to know to find great coverage at a great price.
If you are insured now or need new coverage, you can use these tips to find better prices and still get good coverage. Buying car insurance is not rocket science. Drivers only need an understanding of the most effective way to compare prices online.
Don’t pay full price with these discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there are discounts available that you may not know about. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at quote time, but some may not be applied and must be asked for before being credited. If you’re not getting every credit you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Military Discounts – Being on active duty in the military could be rewarded with lower premiums.
- Student Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to complete a driver education course in high school.
- Memberships – Participating in a professional or civic organization is a good way to get lower rates when shopping for car insurance on Focus ST insurance.
- Paperless Signup – Some insurance companies give back up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up online.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Insuring multiple cars or trucks on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Companies who offer life insurance give better rates if you take out life insurance.
- Bundle and Save – If you have multiple policies with one company you will save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Discount for New Cars – Adding a new car to your policy can be considerably cheaper because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
It’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don’t profit that way. Any amount of discount will help reduce the amount you have to pay.
For a list of insurance companies with the best car insurance discounts, click here.
Comprehensive Car Insurance Comparison
All the larger car insurance companies give coverage price quotes directly from their websites. Getting online rates doesn’t take much effort as you simply enter your coverage information as requested by the quote form. After you complete the form, the company’s rating system automatically orders information on your driving record and credit history and generates a price based on many factors. Online quotes streamlines rate comparisons, but the process of having to visit many different websites and fill out multiple forms is repetitive and time-consuming. Unfortunately, it is important to perform this step if you are searching for a better rate.
Isn’t there an easier way to compare rates?
A less time-consuming method to find lower prices uses one simple form that gets prices from more than one company. This type of form saves time, reduces the work, and makes online shopping much more efficient. As soon as the form is sent, it gets priced and you can select your choice of the quote results.
If the quotes result in lower rates, you can click and sign and purchase the new policy. The entire process takes less than 15 minutes and may result in a nice savings.
If you want to fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, click here to open in new window and fill out the form. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you enter your coverages identical to your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you’re receiving a price comparison for exact coverage.
Ford Focus ST rates are complex
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that play a part in calculating car insurance rates. Understanding what determines base rates allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get better car insurance rates.
- Liability coverage is cheap – Liability insurance is the protection in the event that you are found to be at fault for personal injury or accident damage. It will provide legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability is cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Credit scores impact car insurance rates – Credit score is a big factor in calculating your car insurance rates. If your credit score is lower than you’d like, you could be paying less to insure your 2015 Ford Focus ST by repairing your credit. Drivers with good credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with poor credit.
- Don’t get talked into coverage you don’t need – There are a ton of additional coverages that can waste your money when buying car insurance. Insurance for vanishing deductibles, accident forgiveness and membership fees may be costing you every month. These coverages may sound good initially, but your needs may have changed so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Equipment add-ons that lower car insurance rates – Driving a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention devices such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all hinder car theft.
- Do you qualify for a multi-policy discount? – The majority of car insurance companies give discounts to policyholders who carry more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, it’s in your best interest to compare rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Careful drivers pay lower rates – Your driving citation history has a huge affect on how much you pay. Just one citation may increase your cost twenty percent or more. Drivers with clean records get better rates compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers who have flagrant citations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may need to file a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to keep their license.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Your personal situation dictates your coverage
When it comes to choosing coverage, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so this has to be addressed. For instance, these questions can help discover whether you will benefit from professional help.
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- When should I not file a claim?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Car insurance 101
Knowing the specifics of your policy can help you determine the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Listed below are typical coverages found on the average auto insurance policy.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Ford Focus ST.
Since many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Normally the UM/UIM limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Auto liability insurance
This protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people that is your fault. It protects YOU from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have liability limits of 25/50/25 that means you have a limit of $25,000 per injured person, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which limits claims to one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage pays for things such as bail bonds, repair costs for stationary objects, medical services, legal defense fees and medical expenses. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
Comprehensive auto insurance
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as hitting a deer, hail damage, vandalism and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The highest amount a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Auto collision coverage
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Focus ST caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for claims like driving through your garage door, rolling your car and backing into a parked car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Coverage for medical expenses
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for short-term medical expenses such as chiropractic care, EMT expenses, X-ray expenses and dental work. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Shop around and save
While you’re price shopping online, it’s a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where an insured dropped collision coverage only to regret that it was a big mistake. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate.
Low-cost 2015 Ford Focus ST insurance is definitely available online as well as from independent agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers don’t offer online quoting and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
To learn more, feel free to visit these articles:
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area