Cheapest 2014 Ford Focus ST Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Sep 2, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for the cheapest auto insurance rates for your Ford Focus ST? Are you sick and tired of not being able to afford to insure your Ford every month? You are in the same boat as millions of other consumers. You have multiple insurers to insure vehicles with, and although it’s a good thing to have a selection, it can be more difficult to get the best deal.
It’s a great practice to get comparison quotes at least once a year because rates go up and down regularly. Just because you had the lowest rates for Focus ST insurance six months ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Don’t believe everything you read about auto insurance online but we’re going to give you some excellent ideas to buy auto insurance cheaper.
Factors influencing Ford Focus ST insurance rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that go into determining auto insurance rates. Knowing what determines base rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get lower auto insurance prices.
- Little extras can really add up – There are quite a few additional coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your auto insurance policy. Insurance for personal injury protection, accidental death and additional equipment coverage may be wasting your money. These coverages may sound good when you first buy your policy, but now you might not need them so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Older drivers pay less – Young drivers tend to be more careless when driving so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Parents adding a young driver onto a policy can really hurt. More mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents and tend to be better behind the wheel.
- Bump up deductibles to save – Physical damage deductibles represent how much money you are required to spend before a claim is paid by your company. Physical damage insurance, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, covers damage that occurs to your car. Examples of covered claims could be colliding with a building, damage caused by hail, and burglary. The more you’re willing to pay, the bigger discount you will receive for Focus ST insurance.
- How’s your driving record? – Careful drivers have lower premiums than their less careful counterparts. Even one citation can boost insurance rates twenty percent or more. Drivers who get dangerous violations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may be required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) to the state department of motor vehicles in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Rate your vehicle for proper use – Driving more miles each year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. The majority of insurers apply a rate based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks left parked in the garage get more affordable rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Make sure your auto insurance coverage is rated on the proper vehicle usage. Incorrect usage on your Focus ST may be costing you.
- Your credit rating is important – Credit history is a big factor in your rate calculation. If your credit score is not that good, you could pay less to insure your 2014 Ford Focus ST by improving your credit score. Consumers who have good credit tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have lower credit scores.
The quickest method to get rate comparisons is to realize most insurance companies will pay a fee to provide you with a free rate quote. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is provide a small amount of information such as if the car is leased, deductibles desired, how much education you have, and your occupation. Your information is instantly provided to insurance carriers in your area and they return quotes within a short period of time.
To start a rate quote now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance.
Save with discounts on Ford Focus ST insurance
Car insurance companies don’t always publicize all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list some of the best known and also the lesser-known ways to save on car insurance. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with the same company you will save approximately 10% to 15%.
- New Car Discount – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can cost up to 25% less due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles could qualify for lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully complete driver’s ed class in high school.
- Early Signing – Select companies give a discount for signing up prior to your current policy expiring. This can save 10% or more.
- Safe Driver Discount – Safe drivers can pay as much as 50% less for Focus ST insurance than drivers with accident claims.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a family member in the military could be rewarded with lower premiums.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn’t work that way.
Car insurance companies that may offer these money-saving discounts may include but are not limited to:
Check with each insurance company which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts may not apply in your state.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to buying adequate coverage, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For instance, these questions could help you determine whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Who is covered when they drive my 2014 Ford Focus ST?
- Should I buy only the required minimum liability coverage?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
What car insurance coverages do you need?
Knowing the specifics of your car insurance policy can be of help when determining the best coverages for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Listed below are typical coverages found on most car insurance policies.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
This coverage pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, falling objects, damage from flooding and rock chips in glass. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Medical costs insurance
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for expenses for things like ambulance fees, hospital visits, funeral costs, dental work and pain medications. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
This covers damage to your Focus ST from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for things such as damaging your car on a curb, crashing into a building and backing into a parked car. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. Another option is to raise the deductible to bring the cost down.
Liability insurance protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have limits of 50/100/50 that translate to a limit of $50,000 per injured person, $100,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000.
Liability coverage pays for things such as bail bonds, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, loss of income, pain and suffering and medical services. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
This coverage provides protection from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your 2014 Ford Focus ST.
Since many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family.
One last thing
Cost effective 2014 Ford Focus ST insurance is possible from both online companies in addition to many insurance agents, so compare prices from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers do not provide you the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s a bad idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. Too many times, someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area