Scion Scion xB Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 11, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find better insurance coverage rates for your Scion xB? Having to pay for overpriced insurance coverage can take a big chunk out of your checking account and make it hard to pay other bills. Comparing price quotes is a smart way to make sure you’re not throwing money away.
Multiple auto insurance companies compete for your hard-earned dollar, and it can be difficult to compare rates to discover the definitive lowest cost out there.
How to Compare Insurance Costs
There are several ways to compare quotes from different insurance companies. The best method to find the cheapest 2015 Scion xB insurance rates is simply to get online rate quotes. This can be accomplished using a couple different methods.
- The single most time-saving way consumers can analyze rates would be an industry-wide quote request form click here to open form in new window. This easy form eliminates the need for separate forms for each company you want a rate for. Taking the time to complete one form gets you coverage quotes instantly.
- A more difficult way to get quotes online consists of going to the website for each individual company to complete their respective quote request forms. For instance, we’ll pretend you want rates from Auto-Owners, Farmers and Progressive. To get each rate you have to take the time to go to each site to input your insurance information, which is why the first method is more popular.
For a list of links to companies insuring cars in your area, click here.
Whichever method you choose, make darn sure you compare the exact same information for every company. If the quotes have different liability limits it will be impossible to make a fair comparison for your Scion xB. Slightly different coverage limits can result in a big premium difference. Just remember that obtaining a wide range of quotes gives you a better chance of getting the best rates.
How much can you save with discounts?
Companies offering auto insurance do not advertise all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched both the well known and also the lesser-known auto insurance savings.
- New Car Discount – Adding a new car to your policy can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
- E-sign – Certain companies give back up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up digitally online.
- Sign Early and Save – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching policies before your current expiration date. It can save you around 10%.
- Good Student Discount – This discount can earn a discount of 20% or more. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of more than 20%.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for multiple vehicles with the same company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
It’s important to note that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, you’re out of luck.
For a list of insurers offering auto insurance discounts, click here to view.
Scion xB insurance rates can be determined by these details
It’s important that you understand the rating factors that come into play when calculating your insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what influences your rates helps enable you to make changes that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
The list below includes some of the items that factor into your rates.
- Higher safety ratings means cheaper insurance – Cars with high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles result in less severe injuries and lower injury rates means less money paid by your insurance company passed on to you as lower rates. If your Scion xB is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may qualify for a discount.
- Being married can save on insurance – Being married can actually save you money on your insurance policy. Having a spouse translates into being more mature than a single person it has been statistically shown that married couples file fewer claims.
- Battle of the sexes – Statistics demonstrate that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, this does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Both sexes tend to get into accidents at about the same rate, but men have costlier accidents. Men also get more serious tickets such as DWI and reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore have the most expensive insurance rates.
- Never let your coverage lapse – Driving with no insurance is illegal and you will pay a penalty because you let your coverage have a gap. Not only will you pay more, but not being able to provide proof of insurance may earn you a revoked license or a big fine.
- Better credit means lower rates – Having a bad credit score is a big factor in determining what you pay for insurance. If your credit rating is lower than you’d like, you could pay less to insure your 2015 Scion xB by improving your rating. Consumers who have good credit tend to be less risk to insure as compared to drivers with poor credit.
- Bump up deductibles to save – Physical damage insurance, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your Scion from damage. Examples of covered claims are colliding with a building, vandalism, or theft. Physical damage deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. The higher the amount you’re willing to pay, the less your insurance will be for xB coverage.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
How much car insurance do I need?
When choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is a little different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For example, these questions might help in determining if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- When should I drop full coverage on my 2015 Scion xB?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- When should I not file a claim?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Buyer beware of insurance advertising tricks
Companies like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive continually stream ads on television and other media. All the ads have a common claim that you can save after switching your policy. But how can every company make almost identical claims? It’s all in the numbers.
Insurance companies have a certain “appetite” for the driver they prefer to insure. For instance, a preferred risk might be profiled as between 25 and 40, has no prior claims, and chooses high deductibles. A customer who meets those qualifications receives the best rates and therefore will save when they switch companies.
Drivers who fall outside the requirements will be charged higher prices which leads to business going elsewhere. The ad wording is “customers who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that kind of money. That’s the way insurance companies can claim big savings. That is why drivers must get as many comparisons as possible. You cannot predict the company that will have the lowest Scion xB insurance rates.
Car insurance policy coverages for a 2015 Scion xB
Knowing the specifics of your car insurance policy can help you determine which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. These are typical coverages found on most car insurance policies.
Coverage for medical payments
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for expenses for chiropractic care, EMT expenses, funeral costs and doctor visits. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Scion xB.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked.
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your xB resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as colliding with another moving vehicle, crashing into a ditch and damaging your car on a curb. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to increase the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Liability coverage can cover injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 25/50/25 that means you have $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability can pay for claims such as pain and suffering, medical services, repair costs for stationary objects and structural damage. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
This will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as falling objects, hitting a bird and hail damage. The maximum payout your car insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Shop. Compare. Save.
The cheapest 2015 Scion xB insurance is available on the web in addition to many insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, an insured dropped liability coverage limits only to regret that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
Frequently Asked Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area