2015 Toyota RAV4 Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 29, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2015 Toyota RAV4 are $1,238 a year for full coverage insurance. Comprehensive costs an estimated $228, collision insurance costs $400, and liability coverage costs $452. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $504 a year, and high-risk insurance costs around $2,680. Teenage drivers receive the highest rates at up to $4,788 a year.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,238
Rate estimates for 2015 Toyota RAV4 Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2015 Toyota RAV4 models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a driver in their 40's, prices range range from as low as $504 for a discount liability-only rate to the much higher price of $2,680 for a driver who has had serious violations or accidents.
These differences illustrate why everyone should compare rates for a targeted area and risk profile, rather than using average rates.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2015 Toyota RAV4 Insurance
Trying to find cheaper auto insurance rates for your Toyota RAV4? Insurance shopping is not a task people fancy doing, but your state requires it when you drive.
It’s important to compare rates once or twice a year because rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Even if you got the lowest price for RAV4 coverage last year you will most likely find a better rate today. So just forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because we’re going to show you the easiest way to find lower rates on auto insurance.
If you have car insurance now, you should be able to cut costs considerably using these methods. The purpose of this article is to familiarize you with how to get online quotes and some money-saving tips. Although vehicle owners can benefit from knowing the way insurance companies price online insurance because it can help you find the best coverage.
Toyota RAV4 rates influenced by many factors
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that play a part in calculating the price you pay for insurance coverage. Having a good understanding of what determines base rates helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with lower insurance coverage prices.
Shown below are a partial list of the pieces that factor into rates.
- Traffic citations inflate rates – Your driving citation history has a huge affect on how much you pay. Drivers who don’t get tickets get better rates than bad drivers. Even one citation can bump up the cost forty percent or more. Drivers who have serious citations such as DUI or reckless driving may need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state motor vehicle department in order to continue driving.
- Do you know your deductibles? – Deductibles for physical damage define the amount you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before your insurance coverage pays a claim. Physical damage coverage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, covers damage that occurs to your car. A few examples of covered claims would be running into the backend of another car, damage from fire, or theft. The more money you have to pay, the bigger discount you will receive for RAV4 coverage.
- Men are more aggressive – The statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. Now that doesn’t mean women are better drivers. Both sexes have accidents at about the same rate, but the men tend to have more serious accidents. Men also statistically get more serious tickets such as DWI and reckless driving.
- More claims means more premium – Insurance companies give lower rates to policyholders who do not file claims often. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can expect either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Cut your car insurance rates with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t necessarily list all their discounts very well, so here is a list some of the more common and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using.
- Accident Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay much less as compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Sign Early and Save – A few companies offer discounts for switching to them before your current policy expires. It can save you around 10%.
- Anti-theft System – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and will save you 10% or more.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one company you could get a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Federal Government Employee – Employees or retirees of the government can save as much as 8% for RAV4 coverage with certain companies.
- Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save up to 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Student Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver’s ed class in school.
As a disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply the whole policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Insurance companies that possibly offer these discounts include:
- American Family
- 21st Century
- Farmers Insurance
Before buying, ask every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts might not apply in every state.
You are unique and your insurance coverage should be too
When choosing the right insurance coverage, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Every insured’s situation is different.
For instance, these questions could help you determine whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my 2015 Toyota RAV4?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Specifics of your car insurance policy
Having a good grasp of car insurance can be of help when determining the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
This coverage pays for damage to your RAV4 resulting from a collision with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers claims like hitting a parking meter, backing into a parked car, crashing into a building, sideswiping another vehicle and driving through your garage door. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. You can also choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This gives you protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Toyota RAV4.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for bills for X-ray expenses, doctor visits, EMT expenses, ambulance fees and pain medications. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to you and your occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Liability insurance protects you from damage or injury you incur to people or other property by causing an accident. It protects you from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see limits of 100/300/100 which stand for a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, $300,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $100,000.
Liability insurance covers claims like funeral expenses, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, repair costs for stationary objects and bail bonds. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but consider buying higher limits if possible.
This will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like theft, damage from getting keyed, hail damage, falling objects and hitting a deer. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Be a penny pincher
Insureds who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including questionable increases in premium, poor customer service, delays in responding to claim requests or policy cancellation. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new insurance company can be easier than you think.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced collision coverage only to regret that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
You just read a lot of techniques to save on 2015 Toyota RAV4 insurance. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. You may even find the best prices are with some of the lesser-known companies.
Additional insurance information is located below:
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$1,953|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,115|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$86|
|5-yr Claim Free||$80|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$52|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.