2017 Chevrolet Malibu Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 12, 2019
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2017 Chevrolet Malibu are $1,336 a year for full coverage insurance. Comprehensive insurance costs on average $274 a year, collision costs $474, and liability costs $430. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $486 a year, with high-risk insurance costing $2,888 or more. Teenage drivers receive the highest rates at $5,048 a year or more.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,336
Rate estimates for 2017 Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2017 Chevrolet Malibu models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a middle-aged driver, prices range go from as low as $486 for basic liability insurance to a high of $2,888 for a high risk driver.
These differences illustrate why it is important for drivers to compare rates based on a specific location and risk profile, instead of using average rates.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2017 Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
Trying to find cheaper auto insurance rates for your Chevrolet Malibu? Nobody I know gets a kick out of paying for auto insurance, especially when the cost is too high. With so many choices of insurance companies, it can be hard to pick a more affordable auto insurance provider.
Discount car insurance quotes
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always list every disount available very clearly, so we took the time to find a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous credits that may apply to you.
- Drivers Education – Have your child complete a driver education course in school.
- Discount for Good Grades – This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having an actively deployed family member could be rewarded with lower car insurance rates.
- Telematics Devices – Insureds who allow their company to track when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device in their vehicle like Allstate’s Drivewise might see lower rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a vehicle that is new can save up to 30% due to better safety requirements for new vehicles.
- Claim Free – Drivers who stay claim-free can earn big discounts in comparison with bad drivers.
- Senior Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can get a slight reduction on a insurance quote on Malibu insurance.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Vehicles with ABS braking systems or traction control are much safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Employee of Federal Government – Federal government employees could provide a small rate reduction on Malibu insurance with certain companies.
Just know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
A few popular companies and some of the discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including safe vehicle, accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, and driver’s education.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for membership and employees, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, air bags, defensive driver, multi-policy, and military active duty.
- Progressive offers discounts for online quote discount, continuous coverage, online signing, homeowner, multi-vehicle, good student, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century has discounts for 55 and older, driver training, early bird, homeowners, air bags, defensive driver, and automatic seat belts.
- American Family has savings for multi-vehicle, bundled insurance, Steer into Savings, accident-free, mySafetyValet, and good driver.
- The Hartford includes discounts for bundle, good student, air bag, vehicle fuel type, and defensive driver.
- AAA discounts include education and occupation, good driver, AAA membership discount, good student, anti-theft, multi-car, and pay-in-full.
Check with all the companies which credits you are entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policyholders everywhere.
Tailor your insurance coverage to you
When buying the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that. For example, these questions can help discover whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- Who is covered when they drive my 2017 Chevy Malibu?
- Should I rate my 2017 Chevy Malibu as pleasure use or commute?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in my state?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Auto insurance coverages
Learning about specific coverages of a auto insurance policy can be of help when determining the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Auto insurance terms can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Below you’ll find typical coverages found on the average auto insurance policy.
Liability coverage provides protection from damage that occurs to people or other property. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have liability limits of 50/100/50 that means you have a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability insurance covers things like attorney fees, medical services and loss of income. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as much as you can afford.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for immediate expenses for funeral costs, EMT expenses and X-ray expenses. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
This coverage pays for damage to your Malibu from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against things such as sustaining damage from a pot hole, backing into a parked car, colliding with another moving vehicle, rolling your car and hitting a parking meter. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as damage from flooding, vandalism, damage from getting keyed and rock chips in glass. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your 2017 Chevy Malibu.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked.
Shop smart and save
When buying insurance coverage, it’s a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later that it was a big error on their part. The aim is to buy enough coverage for the lowest price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
In this article, we presented a lot of information how to get a better price on 2017 Chevy Malibu insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest insurance. Drivers may discover the best price on car insurance is with the least-expected company. Smaller companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like Allstate or State Farm.
A few companies may not have price quotes online and these small insurance companies only sell through local independent agents. Budget-conscious 2017 Chevy Malibu insurance is attainable from both online companies and from local insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to get a complete price analysis.
Additional car insurance information is available at the links below
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Anaheim Car Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Malibu? (QuoteAnaheim.com)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$2,109|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,283|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$96|
|5-yr Claim Free||$86|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$59|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.