Cheapest 2017 Chevrolet Malibu Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 6, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find cheaper auto insurance rates for your Chevrolet Malibu? Nobody I know gets a kick out of paying for auto insurance, especially when the cost is too high. With so many choices of insurance companies, it can be hard to pick a more affordable auto insurance provider.
With a little research, you can find the best car insurance rate in your state for a Malibu.
Understanding Car Insurance Coverage
When buying the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no cookie-cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that. For example, these questions can help discover whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- Who is covered when they drive my 2017 Chevy Malibu?
- Should I rate my 2017 Chevy Malibu as pleasure use or commute?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in my state?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed agent.
Chevrolet Malibu Auto Insurance Coverage Options
Learning about specific coverages of an auto insurance policy can be of help when determining the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Auto insurance terms can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Below you’ll find typical coverages found on the average auto insurance policy.
Liability coverage provides protection from damage that occurs to people or other property. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have liability limits of 50/100/50 which means you have a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability insurance covers things like attorney fees, medical services, and loss of income. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as much as you can afford.
Medical Payments and PIP Coverage
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for immediate expenses for funeral costs, EMT expenses, and X-ray expenses. They can be used to fill the gap in your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
This coverage pays for damage to your Malibu from colliding with a stationary object or another vehicle. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against things such as sustaining damage from a pothole, backing into a parked car, colliding with another moving vehicle, rolling your car, and hitting a parking meter. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from lower-value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as damage from flooding, vandalism, damage from getting keyed, and rock chips in the glass. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your 2017 Chevy Malibu.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked.
Shop Smart and Save on Chevrolet Malibu Auto Insurance
When buying insurance coverage, it’s a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later that it was a big error on their part. The aim is to buy enough coverage for the lowest price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
In this article, we presented a lot of information on how to get a better price on 2017 Chevy Malibu insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest insurance. Drivers may discover the best price on car insurance is with the least-expected company. Smaller companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like Allstate or State Farm.
A few companies may not have price quotes online and these small insurance companies only sell through local independent agents. Budget-conscious 2017 Chevy Malibu insurance is attainable from both online companies and from local insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to get a complete price analysis.
Discount Chevrolet Malibu Car Insurance
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always list every discount available very clearly, so we took the time to find a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous credits that may apply to you.
- Drivers Education — Have your child complete a driver education course in school.
- Discount for Good Grades — This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- Lower Rates for Military — Having an actively deployed family member could be rewarded with lower car insurance rates.
- Telematics Devices — Insureds who allow their company to track when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device in their vehicle like Allstate’s Drivewise might see lower rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- New Car Discount — Insuring a vehicle that is new can save up to 30% due to better safety requirements for new vehicles.
- Claim Free — Drivers who stay claim-free can earn big discounts in comparison with bad drivers.
- Senior Discount — If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can get a slight reduction on an insurance quote on Malibu insurance.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts — Vehicles with ABS braking systems or traction control are much safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Employee of Federal Government — Federal government employees could provide a small rate reduction on Malibu insurance with certain companies.
Just know that most of the big markdowns will not be given to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
A few popular companies and some of the discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including safe vehicle, accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, and driver’s education.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for membership and employees, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, air bags, defensive drivers, multi-policy, and military active duty.
- Progressive offers discounts for online quote discounts, continuous coverage, online signing, homeowner, multi-vehicle, good student, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century has discounts for 55 and older, driver training, early bird, homeowners, air bags, defensive driver, and automatic seat belts.
- American Family has savings for multi-vehicle, bundled insurance, Steer into Savings, accident-free, mySafetyValet, and good driver.
- The Hartford includes discounts for a bundle, good student, air bag, vehicle fuel type, and defensive driver.
- AAA discounts include education and occupation, good driver, AAA membership discount, good student, anti-theft, multi-car, and pay-in-full.
Check with all the companies to find out which credit you are entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policyholders everywhere.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I change my auto insurance provider mid-policy if I find a better rate?
Yes, in most cases, you have the flexibility to switch your auto insurance provider mid-policy if you find a better rate or more suitable coverage. However, it’s important to consider any potential fees or penalties for canceling your existing policy early. Additionally, make sure there is no gap in coverage when transitioning between providers to avoid any potential risks.
Does the color of my 2017 Chevy Malibu affect my insurance rates?
No, the color of your vehicle, including a 2017 Chevy Malibu, generally does not affect your insurance rates. Insurance companies primarily consider factors such as the make, model, year, and condition of the vehicle, as well as the driver’s personal information and driving history when calculating premiums.
Can I get a discount for installing safety features in my 2017 Chevy Malibu?
Yes, installing safety features in your 2017 Chevy Malibu can often make you eligible for discounts on your auto insurance. Safety features such as anti-lock brakes, airbags, anti-theft systems, and traction control systems can reduce the risk of accidents and theft, leading to potential premium reductions. Check with your insurance provider to see if they offer discounts for specific safety features.
What factors can affect the cost of auto insurance for a 2017 Chevy Malibu?
Several factors can influence the cost of auto insurance for a 2017 Chevy Malibu, including your driving record, age, location, credit history, coverage options chosen, deductible amount, and the insurance company you choose. Additionally, factors specific to the vehicle, such as its safety features, repair costs, and theft rates, can also impact insurance rates.
Can my credit score affect my insurance rates for a 2017 Chevy Malibu?
Yes, your credit score can potentially impact your insurance rates for a 2017 Chevy Malibu. Many insurance companies use credit-based insurance scores as a factor in determining premiums. Studies have shown correlations between credit history and the likelihood of filing insurance claims. It’s advisable to maintain good credit to potentially secure lower insurance rates. However, keep in mind that credit-based insurance scores are not used in all states or by all insurance companies.
Can I suspend my auto insurance coverage temporarily if I’m not using my 2017 Chevy Malibu?
In general, most insurance companies do not offer the option to suspend auto insurance coverage temporarily. Even if you are not using your 2017 Chevy Malibu, there may still be risks such as theft, vandalism, or damage from natural disasters that could occur while the vehicle is not in use. It’s usually recommended to maintain at least the minimum required coverage or consider other options such as storage insurance if you plan to store the vehicle for an extended period.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area