Cheapest 2017 Hyundai Elantra Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 27, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for better insurance coverage rates for your Hyundai Elantra? Scraping up a payment for overpriced Hyundai Elantra insurance can empty your savings account and put the squeeze on your family’s finances. Shopping your coverage around is free and is an excellent way to cut your insurance bill.
You have multiple insurers to pick from, and although it’s nice to have multiple companies, having more car insurance companies makes it harder to find a good deal.
Consumers should take time to do rate comparisons quite often since rates are constantly changing. If you had the best deal for Elantra insurance six months ago you will most likely find a better rate today. So just forget all the misinformation about insurance coverage because it’s time to teach you the tricks you need to know to save on insurance coverage.
Why you might be paying too much to insure your Hyundai Elantra
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that play a part in calculating the price you pay for insurance. Having a good understanding of what controls the rates you pay empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to lower insurance prices.
- Bad driving skills means higher rates – Even a single citation can increase rates forty percent or more. Good drivers receive lower rates than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who get severe violations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may be required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state DMV in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Your occupation can affect rates – Occupations like real estate brokers, business owners and stock brokers tend to pay the highest rates attributed to stressful work requirements and lengthy work days. On the other hand, occupations like farmers, students and the unemployed have the lowest average rates for Elantra insurance.
- Clean credit earns discounts – Having a bad credit history is a large factor in your rate calculation. If your credit score is not that good, you could save money insuring your 2017 Hyundai Elantra by spending a little time repairing your credit. Consumers who have excellent credit tend to be less risk to insure than those with lower credit scores.
- Lower rates come with age – More mature drivers are more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents and get fewer tickets. Youthful drivers are known to be less responsible when driving and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher.
- More than one policy can earn a discount – The majority of insurance companies provide better rates to people who have multiple policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can amount to 10 percent or more. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s in your best interest to shop around to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Better crash test results mean better rates – Vehicles with good safety scores get lower rates. Safer cars reduce injuries and lower injury rates translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and lower rates for you. If your Hyundai Elantra earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov you may qualify for a discount.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Choosing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can get you a discount on your insurance. Anti-theft features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can thwart car theft.
- Don’t buy coverages you don’t need – There are a lot of extra bells and whistles that you can buy when buying insurance. Insurance for vanishing deductibles, towing coverage and motor club memberships are examples of these. They may seem good initially, but if you don’t need them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Car Insurance Quote Comparison
Most major insurance companies such as GEICO, State Farm and Progressive quote price estimates on their websites. The process is fairly straightforward as you simply enter the coverage amounts you desire as requested by the quote form. Once you submit the form, their system automatically retrieves your driving record and credit report and returns a price quote determined by many factors. Being able to quote online simplifies rate comparisons, but the process of having to visit several different sites and fill out multiple forms can be a bit tiresome and repetitive. But it is imperative to have as many quotes as possible if you are searching for better prices.
There is a better way!
A less time-consuming method to find lower prices utilizes a single form that obtains quotes from more than one company. This type of form saves time, reduces the work, and makes online quotes much simpler. Immediately after you send the form, it is quoted and you are able to buy any or none of the price quotes you receive. If a lower price is quoted, you simply finish the application and purchase the new policy. It can be completed in less than 10 minutes and you will find out if you’re overpaying now.
To find out how much you can save on car insurance, simply click here to open in new window and input your coverage information. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you type in coverages and limits exactly as they are listed on your policy. This helps ensure you will receive rate comparison quotes based on the exact same insurance coverage.
Slick advertising tricks that work
Auto insurance companies such as GEICO, State Farm and Progressive continually stream ads on television and other media. They all seem to have a common claim that you’ll save big after switching to their company. But how can every company claim to save you money?
Insurance companies are able to cherry pick for the driver that makes them money. For example, a desirable insured could possibly be between the ages of 30 and 50, is a homeowner, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. A propective insured who meets those qualifications receives the best rates and therefore will save quite a bit of money when switching.
Potential insureds who do not match the requirements will be quoted higher premiums and this can result in the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ads state “people who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that much money. That’s why companies can make the claims of big savings. This emphasizes why drivers must quote coverage with many companies. Because you never know which auto insurance company will fit your personal profile best.
Discounts on Hyundai Elantra insurance
Car insurance companies don’t always advertise all available discounts very well, so we took the time to find some of the best known as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using.
- Senior Citizens – Older drivers can possibly qualify for a discount up to 10% for Elantra insurance.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more off your medical payments premium.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags can qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Discount for Good Grades – Getting good grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less for Elantra insurance than drivers with accident claims.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- No Claims – Good drivers with no accidents pay much less when compared with bad drivers.
A little note about advertised discounts, many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Tailor your coverage to you
When choosing the best auto insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Every situation is different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. These are some specific questions might point out whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totalled car?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in my state?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- What are the best liability limits?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent.
Insurance coverage options for a Hyundai Elantra
Knowing the specifics of your insurance policy can help you determine the right coverages for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement. Below you’ll find typical coverages available from insurance companies.
Collision coverage protection
This coverage covers damage to your Elantra caused by collision with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for things like sideswiping another vehicle, colliding with another moving vehicle, sustaining damage from a pot hole, colliding with a tree and driving through your garage door. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as vandalism, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from a tornado or hurricane, rock chips in glass and damage from flooding. The highest amount your insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Liability coverage protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show policy limits of 100/300/100 which means $100,000 bodily injury coverage, $300,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for things such as medical expenses, structural damage and emergency aid. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but you should buy as much as you can afford.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for expenses for things like dental work, X-ray expenses and prosthetic devices. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Hyundai Elantra.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Be a money saver!
We just showed you quite a bit of information on how to compare 2017 Hyundai Elantra insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. Drivers may discover the biggest savings come from a small mutual company. Some small companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments than their larger competitors like Allstate or State Farm.
Cost effective insurance can be bought from both online companies as well as from independent agents, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
For more information, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area