Ford Ford Ecosport Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 6, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for cheaper car insurance rates for your Ford EcoSport? No normal person likes paying for car insurance, especially knowing their premiums are too high.
There is such a variety of auto insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and although it’s nice to have multiple companies, more choices can make it harder to compare rates.
It’s a great practice to compare rates on a regular basis because insurance prices change frequently. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest price on EcoSport insurance last year other companies may now be cheaper. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because it’s time to teach you the quickest way to save on car insurance.
Educated choices result in lower insurance premiums
A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing a few of the rating criteria that play a part in calculating your policy premiums. If you understand what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs. Lots of factors are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense like your driving record, although others are not quite as obvious such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are.
- Age of drivers – Youthful drivers are proven to get distracted easily with other occupants in the car so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Having to add a beginning driver to your policy can be very expensive. Older people are viewed as being more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents , and usually have better credit.
- GPS tracking and theft deterrents reduce auto insurance rates – Owning a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can earn a premium discount. Anti-theft devices like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can thwart your vehicle from being stolen.
- Bundling policies can get discounts – Most larger companies allow a discount to people that purchase more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. If you currently are using one company, it’s in your best interest to compare rates to help guarantee you have the best rates.There is a good possibility that you can save more without the discount by buying auto insurance from a different company.
- Gender and auto insurance – The statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. It does not mean females are better at driving than males. They both have fender benders at about the same rate, but guys have costlier accidents. Not only that, but men also get cited for more serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 cause the most accidents and thus pay the highest rates.
- Your stress level may be raising your prices – Occupational choices like doctors, business owners and emergency personnel are shown to have the highest rates in part from intense work-related stress and long work hours. On the other hand, careers like scientists, historians and performers receive lower rates on EcoSport insurance.
Get cheaper insurance rates with discounts
Some insurance providers do not list the entire discount list very clearly, so the list below contains a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known credits available to lower your premiums when you buy insurance coverage online.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can stop better under adverse conditions and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers who elect to allow companies to scrutinize driving patterns by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system may see discounts as long as they are good drivers.
- Theft Deterent – Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and will qualify for a discount on a insurance coverage quote.
- Club Memberships – Belonging to certain professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on your policy.
- Government Employee Discount – Active or former government employment could provide a small rate reduction on EcoSport insurance depending on your company.
- No Claims – Good drivers with no accidents have much lower rates when compared to bad drivers.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Options like air bags or motorized seat belts may qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Sign Early and Save – A few companies allow discounts for buying a policy before your current coverage expires. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning a home may earn you a small savings since owning and maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Cut your cost by having your teen driver sucessfully take a drivers education course as it can save substantially.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
To view providers with the best discounts, click this link.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your insurance coverage to you
When buying adequate coverage, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is unique and your policy should reflect that. Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Detailed coverages of your car insurance policy
Having a good grasp of car insurance aids in choosing the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Below you’ll find the usual coverages available from car insurance companies.
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like fire damage, hitting a deer, a broken windshield, hitting a bird and rock chips in glass. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Liability auto insurance
This provides protection from damage or injury you incur to other people or property. It protects you against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show policy limits of 50/100/50 which stand for $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000.
Liability can pay for things like attorney fees, legal defense fees, court costs and loss of income. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
This will pay to fix damage to your EcoSport resulting from colliding with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against things like crashing into a building, hitting a mailbox, colliding with another moving vehicle and damaging your car on a curb. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. You can also increase the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Ford EcoSport.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Medical expense coverage
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for short-term medical expenses for pain medications, nursing services, chiropractic care and EMT expenses. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Don’t throw your cash in the trash
We covered a lot of information how to reduce 2018 Ford EcoSport insurance premium rates online. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote insurance coverage, the higher your chance of finding affordable insurance coverage. You may even find the lowest premium rates are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
When trying to cut insurance costs, don’t be tempted to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are a lot of situations where someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
To learn more, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area