Ford Ford Ecosport Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 6, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Want cheaper car insurance rates? Drivers have a choice when trying to find the lowest priced Ford EcoSport insurance. You can either spend your time calling around to compare prices or use the internet to find the lowest rates.
There are both good and bad ways to find car insurance online and you need to know the proper way to quote coverages for your Ford and find the lowest possible price either online or from local insurance agents.
You need to quote other rates periodically because prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Even if you think you had the lowest quotes on EcoSport insurance a year ago you will most likely find a better rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because we’re going to demonstrate how to use the internet to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
Slash your insurance rates with discounts
Companies offering auto insurance do not list every discount they offer in a way that’s easy to find, so below is a list a few of the more common and the harder-to-find discounts that may be available. If you are not receiving all the discounts available, you are paying more than you should be.
- Drivers Education – Require your teen driver to sucessfully take a drivers education course if offered at their school.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could qualify you for a break when getting a auto insurance quote.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few insurance companies offer discounts for switching policies prior to your current policy expiration. It could save around 10% when you buy auto insurance online.
- Government Employees – Active or retired federal employment could cut as much as 10% off on EcoSport insurance with a few insurance companies.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying a new car instead of a used car can save you some money since newer vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Safe drivers can pay as much as 50% less on EcoSport insurance than drivers with accidents.
- Telematics Discount – Insureds who allow companies to monitor driving habits through the use of a telematics system like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot may get a rate reduction if they are good drivers.
It’s important to understand that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck.
Larger insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are:
- State Farm has savings for defensive driving training, accident-free, student away at school, anti-theft, multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and driver’s education.
- American Family may offer discounts for good driver, mySafetyValet, TimeAway discount, multi-vehicle, air bags, and early bird.
- GEICO may include discounts for good student, multi-policy, air bags, anti-theft, and military active duty.
- 21st Century has discounts for student driver, air bags, automatic seat belts, 55 and older, teen driver, good student, and driver training.
- Progressive discounts include homeowner, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online signing, multi-policy, and good student.
If you are trying to find affordable auto insurance quotes, ask every insurance company which discounts they offer. Savings might not be offered on policies in your area. To view insurance companies with significant discounts, enter your zip code here.
You are unique and your car insurance should be too
When it comes to choosing the best car insurance coverage, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if you would benefit from professional advice.
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Are my friends covered when driving my 2019 Ford EcoSport?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in my state?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and enter your zip code. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Car insurance myths debunked
Drivers can’t avoid all the ads for the lowest price car insurance by companies like Allstate and Progressive. All the ads advertise the message of big savings if you get a free auto insurance quote and switch your car insurance coverage to their company.
How do they all charge you less for auto insurance? You have to listen carefully.
Companies quote their cheapest rates for the right customer that is profitable for them. A good example of a desirable insured might be between the ages of 30 and 45, has no tickets, and the vehicle is rated for pleasure use. A driver who meets those qualifications is entitled to the best price and will also save quite a bit of money when switching.
Insureds who are not a match for the requirements may be required to pay higher premium rates and this can result in the driver buying from a lower-cost company. If you listen closely, the ads state “customers who switch” but not “all drivers who get quotes” save that much. That’s the way insurance companies can confidently make those statements.
Each company has different criteria, so drivers must compare price quotes frequently. It’s not possible to predict the company that will fit you best based on your risk profile.
Specifics of your insurance policy
Knowing the specifics of insurance can be of help when determining the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Insurance terms can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement.
Coverage for collisions
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your EcoSport resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims such as sustaining damage from a pot hole, driving through your garage door, hitting a mailbox, scraping a guard rail and crashing into a ditch. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
This coverage will cover damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property in an accident. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show policy limits of 25/50/25 which stand for a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and property damage coverage for $25,000. Some companies may use one number which is a combined single limit that pays claims from the same limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as attorney fees, pain and suffering, structural damage and medical expenses. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but consider buying higher limits if possible.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family. Frequently these coverages are set the same as your liablity limits.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for short-term medical expenses like rehabilitation expenses, X-ray expenses, funeral costs and chiropractic care. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. They cover all vehicle occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
This pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as hail damage, vandalism and hitting a bird. The maximum payout a insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
In any little way, save everyday
When buying insurance coverage, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that the savings was not a smart move. Your objective should be to get the best coverage possible at the best cost.
Drivers switch companies for any number of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, not issuing a premium refund, extreme rates for teen drivers and even high rates after DUI convictions. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new company can be easier than you think.
We just showed you a lot of tips how to lower your 2019 Ford EcoSport insurance rates. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. You may even find the lowest rates are with a lesser-known regional company.
More information is located below:
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
Frequently Asked Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area