2019 Buick Encore Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 9, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2019 Buick Encore are $1,386 a year for full coverage. Comprehensive costs on average $294, collision costs $536, and liability costs $398. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $460 a year, with high-risk insurance costing around $3,002. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at $5,176 a year or more.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,386
Rate estimates for 2019 Buick Encore Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2019 Buick Encore models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a driver in their 40's, prices range go from as low as $460 for just liability insurance to the much higher price of $3,002 for a driver who has had serious violations or accidents.
These differences show why everyone should compare rates based on a specific location and risk profile, instead of using price averages.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2019 Buick Encore Insurance
Saving money on insurance coverage might be kind of frustrating for people who are new to online comparison shopping. People have so many choices that it can easily become a challenge to find more affordable prices.
If you currently have car insurance, you should be able to reduce your rates substantially using these techniques. Shopping for cheaper auto insurance can be fairly easy. But consumers must comprehend how companies price online insurance because it can help you find the best coverage.
Drivers can save with these discounts
Some insurers don’t always advertise the complete list of policy discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we took the time to find both well-publicized and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using when you buy insurance online.
- Senior Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens could receive reduced rates for Encore coverage.
- Membership in Organizations – Belonging to qualifying clubs or civic groups is a good way to get lower rates on your bill.
- Early Switch Discount – A few larger companies allow discounts for switching policies prior to your current policy expiring. You may see this discount when you get insurance quotes online.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Insurance companies who offer life insurance give a discounted rate on car insurance if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Insureds who allow driving data submission to study where and when they drive by using a telematic data system such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive may see discounts if they have good driving habits.
- Driver Education Discount – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers successfully complete driver’s ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it’s just not the way it works. Any amount of discount will bring down the amount you have to pay.
Companies that have some of the above discounts are:
If you are trying to find cheaper insurance quotes, ask every prospective company which discounts they offer. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policyholders everywhere. To find companies that have a full spectrum of discounts, enter your zip code here.
The Buick Encore insurance cost equation
When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand the different types of things that go into determining auto insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can earn you lower rates. Many factors are part of the equation when you get a price on insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving history, but others are less obvious like where you live or your vehicle rating.
Shown below are just a few of the factors used by insurance companies to determine rates.
- Lower rates come with age – Youthful drivers tend to be careless and easily distracted in a vehicle so auto insurance rates are higher. Adding a young driver onto a policy can be very expensive. Mature drivers are more cautious drivers, file fewer claims and get fewer tickets.
- Keep claims to a minimum – If you frequently file small claims, you can expect much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Car insurance companies give better rates to policyholders who are not frequent claim filers. Insurance coverage is intended for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Safer vehicles means lower prices – Vehicles with good safety scores can get you lower premiums. Safer cars help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer injuries means less claims paid and thus lower rates.
- Costs impacted by vehicle usage – The more miles you rack up on your Buick in a year the higher your rate. Almost all companies charge to insure your cars determined by how the vehicle is used. Vehicles not used for work or commuting cost less to insure than those that get driven frequently. Improper usage on your Encore may be costing you. Make sure your vehicle rating correctly shows the right rating data.
- Your vocation can affect prices – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Careers like military personnel, executives and financial analysts tend to pay higher rates than average attributed to intense work-related stress and lots of time spent at work. Other jobs like actors, historians and homemakers receive lower rates for Encore coverage.
When buying proper insurance coverage, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For instance, these questions might help in determining whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- What happens if I owe more than my 2019 Buick Encore is worth?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
If you can’t answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete your zip code.
Car insurance 101
Learning about specific coverages of your insurance policy aids in choosing the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Encore resulting from colliding with another car or object. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers things such as colliding with another moving vehicle, hitting a mailbox, hitting a parking meter, scraping a guard rail and damaging your car on a curb. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Buick Encore.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as rock chips in glass, hitting a bird, hitting a deer, falling objects and vandalism. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Liability insurance protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property in an accident. It protects YOU against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see limits of 100/300/100 which means a limit of $100,000 per injured person, $300,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $100,000.
Liability coverage pays for things like repair costs for stationary objects, medical services, legal defense fees, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and medical expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Coverage for medical expenses
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for short-term medical expenses such as nursing services, EMT expenses and pain medications. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover you and your occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Don’t be a big spender
People switch companies for many reasons like delays in paying claims, unfair underwriting practices, not issuing a premium refund or even lack of trust in their agent. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding the right auto insurance provider is not as difficult as it may seem.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate.
We just covered some good ideas how to compare 2019 Buick Encore insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable insurance. Consumers may even find the lowest prices come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Additional information is located on the following sites:
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$2,193|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,373|
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$102|
|5-yr Claim Free||$89|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$64|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.