Cheapest 1998 Mercury Grand Marquis Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Are you sick and tired of not being able to afford to insure your Mercury every month? You are in the same boat as many other drivers. Drivers have multiple auto insurance companies to choose from, and though it is a good thing to have a choice, it makes it harder to find the best rates.
How to Compare Insurance
There are a variety of methods to compare 1998 Mercury Grand Marquis insurance prices but one way is more efficient than others. You can waste a few hours (or days) talking about coverages with agents in your area, or you can stay home and use online quoting to maximize your effort.
Many companies participate in a marketplace that allows shoppers to submit one quote, and each participating company provides a quote based on that data. This prevents consumers from doing repetitive form submissions for every insurance company.
To find out how much you can save on insurance click to open in new window.
The one disadvantage to comparing rates this way is buyers cannot specifically choose which companies you want to price. If you would rather choose individual companies to compare, we have a listing of the cheapest insurance companies in your area. Click to view list.
However you get your quotes, be sure to compare the exact same coverages and limits for each price quote. If each company quotes different liability limits it will be impossible to decipher which rate is best.
These discounts can slash car insurance rates
Auto insurance companies don’t list every discount very well, so we took the time to find both the well known and the more hidden car insurance savings. If you don’t get every credit available, you’re paying more than you need to.
- New Car Discount – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can be considerably cheaper since new cars are generally safer.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed with a military unit may qualify for rate reductions.
- Good Student Discount – Getting good grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a house may trigger a car insurance policy discount because of the fact that having a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Paperless Signup – A handful of insurance companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy over the internet.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles on your Mercury can earn a substantially lower rate.
- Resident Student – Kids in college who are attending college without a vehicle on campus can receive lower rates.
- Federal Government Employee – Employees or retirees of the government could cut as much as 10% off on Grand Marquis insurance with select insurance companies.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and will save you 10% or more.
A little note about advertised discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you’re out of luck.
For a list of providers who offer car insurance discounts, click here to view.
When might I need the advice of an agent?
When buying coverage, there really is no one size fits all plan. Each situation is unique so this has to be addressed. For instance, these questions can help discover if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Lesser-known factors impacting Mercury Grand Marquis insurance rates
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that play a part in calculating your car insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what controls the rates you pay helps enable you to make changes that could result in better car insurance rates.
Shown below are some of the factors that factor into premiums.
- High numbers of claims are not good – Insurance companies give lower rates to drivers who are claim-free. If you frequently file small claims, you can definitely plan on higher rates. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Where you reside plays a part – Being located in a small town can save you money when insuring your vehicles. Drivers who live in large cities tend to have traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. Lower population means reduced accidents.
- Lower miles equals lower premium – The higher the mileage driven in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Almost all companies charge to insure your cars determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars used primarily for pleasure use get more affordable rates than those used for commuting. Double check that your car insurance declarations sheet shows the correct usage for each vehicle. Incorrect usage on your Grand Marquis can cost quite a bit.
- Occupation reflects on rates – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Careers like judges, social workers and financial analysts are shown to have higher average rates due to job stress and lengthy work days. Conversely, professions such as pilots, engineers and performers pay the least on Grand Marquis insurance.
- Liability insurance protects assets – Liability coverage is the protection when a court rules you are at fault for damages caused by your negligence. It provides legal defense coverage starting from day one. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
- Bundling policies can get discounts – Most companies provide better rates to insureds who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can add up to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even with this discount, you still need to comparison shop to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
Save 15 percent in 15 minutes? Is it for real?
Consumers constantly see and hear ads for the lowest price auto insurance by State Farm, Allstate and GEICO. All the ads make the same claim that you’ll save big if you switch to their company.
But how can every company make the same claim?
All the different companies can use profiling for the driver that makes them money. For instance, a preferred risk could possibly be over the age of 40, has no driving citations, and drives newer vehicles. A driver who fits that profile will qualify for the lowest rates and as a result will probably save when switching.
Drivers who do not match the requirements must pay higher prices and ends up with business going elsewhere. The ads state “drivers who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that kind of money. That’s the way companies can state the savings. This illustrates why drivers must get a wide range of price quotes. Because you never know the company that will provide you with the cheapest Mercury Grand Marquis insurance rates.
Detailed coverages of your insurance policy
Learning about specific coverages of a insurance policy can help you determine which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement. Listed below are the usual coverages available from insurance companies.
Collision coverages – Collision coverage pays for damage to your Grand Marquis caused by collision with another car or object. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things such as scraping a guard rail, hitting a parking meter, damaging your car on a curb and colliding with another moving vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Auto liability insurance – This coverage can cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property that is your fault. This coverage protects you against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have values of 25/50/25 which means a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as funeral expenses, emergency aid and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
Comprehensive auto coverage – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as theft, hitting a deer, a broken windshield, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and damage from getting keyed. The highest amount your insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage – This protects you and your vehicle when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Mercury Grand Marquis.
Since many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked.
Medical payments and PIP coverage – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for immediate expenses like rehabilitation expenses, prosthetic devices and doctor visits. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. They cover you and your occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Affordable insurance is out there
When you buy insurance online, it’s very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where someone dropped liability coverage limits only to regret that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your aim should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price.
We just presented many ideas to get a better price on 1998 Mercury Grand Marquis insurance. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. You may even find the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier. Smaller companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
Lower-priced insurance is attainable on the web and also from your neighborhood agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who may not provide the ability to get a quote online and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
More tips and info about insurance can be read by following these links:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area