Cadillac Cadillac Deville Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 16, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Confused by the wide range of car insurance choices? You’re not the only one! People have so many options that it can be a ton of work to locate the lowest price.
More discounts equal less premium
Companies don’t necessarily list all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find both well-publicized as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a new car can save up to 30% since new cars are generally safer.
- Own a Home – Being a homeowner may trigger a insurance policy discount due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Senior Citizens – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may receive reduced rates on DeVille coverage.
- Federal Government Employee – Simply working for the federal government can save as much as 8% on DeVille coverage depending on your company.
- Seat Belts Save – Requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts could save 15% off your medical payments premium.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Safe drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates on DeVille coverage than their less cautious counterparts.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for multiple vehicles on the same insurance policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
It’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Companies who might offer these money-saving discounts are:
- American Family
- Farmers Insurance
- State Farm
Double check with all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. Discounts might not be offered in your area.
Some factors that can determine what Cadillac DeVille insurance costs
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that help determine auto insurance rates. Understanding what influences your rates allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to lower auto insurance prices.
- A clean driving record saves money – Good drivers tend to pay less for car insurance than their less careful counterparts. Even one speeding ticket can increase rates by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who get dangerous violations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may be required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent a license revocation.
- More miles equals more premium – Driving more miles each year the higher your rate. Almost all companies apply a rate based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles left parked in the garage receive lower rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Make sure your auto insurance coverage is showing the proper vehicle usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. If your policy improperly rates your DeVille can result in significantly higher rates.
- Your job and insurance rates – Jobs such as doctors, social workers and financial analysts have higher average rates attributed to job stress and lengthy work days. Conversely, occupations such as scientists, engineers and retirees get better rates on DeVille coverage.
- Extra coverages can waste money – There are quite a few extra coverages that can waste your money if you aren’t careful. Insurance for roadside assistance, accident forgiveness and membership fees are examples of these. They may seem good at first, but your needs may have changed so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- No coverage gaps is important – Allowing your auto insurance policy to lapse will be a fast way to increase your auto insurance rates. Not only will you pay more, but not being able to provide proof of insurance may earn you a license revocation or jail time.
- Lower deductibles cost more – Coverage for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, protects your Cadillac from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply would be collision with another vehicle, vandalism, or theft. Your deductibles are the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. The more expense you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be on DeVille coverage.
It’s not one size fits all
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s needs are different.
These are some specific questions could help you determine whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Do I have newly-aquired coverage?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Auto insurance coverages and their meanings
Understanding the coverages of auto insurance helps when choosing appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. Auto insurance terms can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Coverage for medical payments
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for short-term medical expenses like doctor visits, pain medications, hospital visits and nursing services. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover both the driver and occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against things like damaging your car on a curb, rolling your car, sustaining damage from a pot hole and backing into a parked car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
This coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Coverage for liability
Liability insurance will cover damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property in an accident. It protects you from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see limits of 100/300/100 that means you have $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $100,000.
Liability coverage pays for things such as repair bills for other people’s vehicles, medical services and funeral expenses. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford.
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as falling objects, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, rock chips in glass, vandalism and damage from getting keyed. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
One last thing
We covered many ideas to compare 2002 Cadillac DeVille insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. You may be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from a small local company.
People change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as policy cancellation, denial of a claim, lack of trust in their agent or even not issuing a premium refund. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching auto insurance companies is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Cheaper insurance can be sourced both online in addition to many insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area