Compare 2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Insurance Quotes
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for better insurance coverage rates? Shoppers have a choice when shopping for the best price on Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 insurance. They can either waste time calling around to get rate comparisons or use the internet to compare rates. There are more efficient ways to compare insurance coverage rates and we’ll show you the proper way to get price quotes on a Dodge and find the best price possible from both online companies and local agents.
Discounts are available to cut your rates
Auto insurance companies don’t always publicize every available discount very clearly, so we break down some of the more common as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving. If you’re not getting every credit you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- Save with a New Car – Adding a new car to your policy is cheaper because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down on your Dodge can earn better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Life Insurance Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with better rates if you take out a life insurance policy as well.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in a civic or occupational organization could trigger savings on insurance for Ram pickup coverage.
- Senior Citizens – Older drivers may qualify for reduced rates for Ram pickup coverage.
Consumers should know that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won’t be that lucky.
A partial list of companies that possibly offer these discounts are:
Double check with each company what discounts are available to you. Some discounts may not be available in your state.
Free Quotes for Auto Insurance
Getting a cheaper price on 2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 insurance can be relatively painless. All you need to do is take a few minutes to compare quotes from different insurance companies. This is very easy and can be done in a couple of different ways.
- One of the simplest ways to get the best comparison quotes is an all-inclusive rate comparison click here to open form in new window. This form prevents you from having to do separate quotes for each company. Taking the time to complete one form will get you rate comparisons from all major companies. This is by far the quickest method.
- A different way to shop for auto insurance online is going to each company website and request a quote. For examples sake, let’s say you want comparison quotes from Allstate, Farmers and GEICO. To get each rate you have to go to every website to input your insurance information, which is why most consumers use the first method.
For a list of links to companies insuring cars in your area, click here.
- The hardest way of comparing rate quotes is driving around to local insurance agencies. The ability to buy insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless you have a need for the trained guidance of a local agent. However, consumers can comparison shop your insurance online and get advice from an agent in your area.
However you get your quotes, make sure you use the exact same coverages for each comparison quote. If you are comparing differing limits you will not be able to find the best deal for your Dodge Ram Pickup 2500.
Everyone needs different coverages
When it comes to choosing the best auto insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s needs are different.
For example, these questions might help in determining whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Information about specific coverages
Understanding the coverages of your insurance policy can be of help when determining the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Comprehensive auto coverage
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as hitting a deer, damage from a tornado or hurricane and hail damage. The highest amount your insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for expenses like doctor visits, X-ray expenses, prosthetic devices, funeral costs and hospital visits. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover you and your occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Dodge Ram Pickup 2500.
Since many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea.
Auto collision coverage
This will pay to fix damage to your Ram Pickup 2500 from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers things such as sideswiping another vehicle, crashing into a building, scraping a guard rail, driving through your garage door and rolling your car. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Liability coverage can cover damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property that is your fault. It protects YOU from legal claims by others. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see policy limits of 100/300/100 which stand for $100,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability can pay for things such as funeral expenses, loss of income and medical expenses. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as much as you can afford.
And the best car insurance company is…
When trying to cut insurance costs, don’t be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. Too many times, someone sacrificed collision coverage only to find out that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price.
Discount 2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 insurance can be sourced from both online companies and also from your neighborhood agents, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
You just read a lot of ways to compare insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. You may be surprised to find that the lowest priced insurance coverage comes from a smaller regional carrier.
To read more, feel free to visit the resources below:
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Ram in Virginia Beach? (VBInsure.com)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Ram in Philadelphia? (PhillyQuotes.com)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area