Dodge Dodge Pickup Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 19, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want better auto insurance rates for your Dodge Ram Pickup 2500? Searching for affordable auto insurance online can seem to be intimidating for beginners to online price comaprisons. With a ridiculous number of companies competing online, how can you possibly compare the different rates to find the cheapest available price?
It’s a good habit to compare prices on a regular basis since rates go up and down regularly. Even if you think you had the lowest price for Ram pickup coverage six months ago other companies may now be cheaper. There is too much inaccurate information about auto insurance online, so with this article, you’re going to get the best ways to put money back in your pocket.
To find the best insurance prices, there are several ways of comparing rates from insurance companies in your area. One of the best ways to find the lowest 2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 rates consists of shopping online. It is quite easy and can be accomplished using a couple different methods.
The best way consumers can analyze rates is an all-inclusive rate comparison click here to open form in new window. This method prevents you from having to do separate quotes for each company. In just a few minutes this one form will return price quotes direct from many companies. Recommended for those who want to invest the least amount of time.
A less efficient way to get comparison quotes requires a visit to the website of each company and fill out their own quote form. For sake of this example, we’ll assume you want rates from Nationwide, Allstate and Progressive. To get each rate you have to go to every website and enter your information, and that’s why the first method is more popular.
For a list of links to insurance companies in your area, click here.
The least efficient method to get comparison rates is to spend time driving to different agent offices. The internet has reduced the need for local agents unless you want the personal advice only provided by licensed agents. It is possible to obtain prices from the web but buy from a local insurance agent.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just compare exactly the same quote information for each comparison quote. If you enter different deductibles then you won’t be able to determine the best price for your Dodge Ram Pickup 2500. Having just a slight variation in insurance coverages can make a big difference in price. Just keep in mind that obtaining a wide range of quotes will improve the odds of getting the best price.
How much can you save with discounts?
Car insurance companies don’t necessarily list every available discount very clearly, so we break down some of the more common as well as the least known insurance savings.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one insurance company you may save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Military Discounts – Being on active duty in the military can result in better rates.
- Life Insurance Discount – Companies who offer life insurance give lower rates if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Good Students Pay Less – Performing well in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Safe drivers can pay as much as 50% less for Ram pickup coverage than drivers with accidents.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down on your Dodge can earn discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Sign Online – A handful of insurance companies may give you up to $50 simply for signing digitally online.
- Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment can save as much as 8% for Ram pickup coverage depending on your company.
- Own a Home – Owning a house may trigger a insurance policy discount because owning a home is proof that your finances are in order.
It’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn’t work that way.
For a list of insurers offering insurance discounts, follow this link.
How much car insurance do I need?
When it comes to choosing coverage, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Every situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- When should I drop full coverage on my 2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- What happens if I owe more than my 2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 is worth?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Impacting insurance rates for a Dodge Ram Pickup 2500
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. Having a good understanding of what controls the rates you pay enables informed choices that may reward you with lower car insurance prices.
- One company can mean more discounts – The majority of companies will give a discount to insureds who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can be anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. If you currently are using one company, you may still want to comparison shop to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Higher safety ratings means cheaper insurance – Cars with high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. The safest vehicles protect occupants better and any reduction in injury severity translates into savings for insurance companies and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 has ratings of a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may be receiving lower rates.
- Battle of the sexes – Statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. Men and women cause accidents at about the same rate, but the male of the species cause more damage. Men also tend to have more aggressive citations like DUI and reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are most likely to cause an accident and are penalized with high car insurance rates.
- Do you have enough liability coverage? – The liability section of your policy will protect you when a court rules you are at fault for damages from an accident. It will provide for a legal defense starting from day one. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
- Teen drivers pay high rates – Youthful drivers are known to get distracted easily when behind the wheel so car insurance rates are higher. Older insureds are more responsible, tend to file fewer claims and tend to be better behind the wheel.
- Allowing your policy to lapse raises rates – Driving with no insurance is illegal and your next policy will cost more because you let your coverage lapse. Not only will rates go up, but not being able to provide proof of insurance will get you a license revocation or jail time.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Purchasing a vehicle with an alarm system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention devices like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all aid in stopping auto theft.
- Higher deductibles cost less – Your deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. Insurance for physical damage to your car, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Examples of covered claims are colliding with a building, collision with an animal, and windstorm damage. The more expense you’re willing to pay, the lower your rates will be for Ram pickup coverage.
Educate yourself about auto insurance coverages
Knowing the specifics of your policy can help you determine which coverages you need for your vehicles. Auto insurance terms can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Dodge Ram Pickup 2500.
Since many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
This will pay to fix damage to your Ram Pickup 2500 from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as crashing into a ditch, sustaining damage from a pot hole, driving through your garage door and crashing into a building. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
This coverage will cover damage that occurs to other’s property or people that is your fault. It protects you against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have values of 25/50/25 which means a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability can pay for things like court costs, pain and suffering, repair costs for stationary objects and funeral expenses. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
Insurance for medical payments
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for bills for doctor visits, hospital visits, pain medications and chiropractic care. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like falling objects, hitting a deer, theft, rock chips in glass and hitting a bird. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
More quotes mean more savings
When trying to cut insurance costs, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. Too many times, an insured dropped full coverage only to find out that the savings was not a smart move. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible at the best price while still protecting your assets.
We covered quite a bit of information on how to save on 2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 insurance. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the lowest rates come from a small mutual company.
Discount insurance is available online and with local insurance agents, so compare prices from both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
Much more information about car insurance is located at these links:
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Who Has Cheap Nashville Auto Insurance for a Dodge Ram? (NashvilleInsure.com)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
Frequently Asked Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area