Cheapest 2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 2, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find the cheapest auto insurance rates for your Dodge Ram Pickup 3500? Saving money on auto insurance can seem to be nearly impossible for beginners to buying insurance online. People have so many choices that it can quickly become a lot of work to compare prices.
It’s a good idea to price shop coverage quite often due to the fact that insurance rates change frequently. Despite the fact that you may have had the best deal on Ram pickup insurance two years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you’re about to learn the right way to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
If you have car insurance now, you should be able to reduce your rates substantially using these techniques. The purpose of this article is to teach you the best way to quote coverages. Although drivers should learn the methods companies use to sell online and apply this information to your search.
How to Compare Insurance Rates
The are a couple different ways of comparing price quotes from different insurance companies. One of the best ways to find the lowest 2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 rates is simply to get online rate quotes. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- The best way to find low rates is to use a rate comparison form like this one (opens in new window). This method prevents you from having to do separate quotation requests for each company you want a rate for. One quote request will return quotes from insurance companies with the best prices.It’s the quickest way to get rates.
- A more time consuming way to compare prices requires visiting each individual company website and complete a new quote form. For examples sake, we’ll pretend you want rates from Liberty Mutual, GEICO and American Family. To get rate quotes you would need to spend time on each company’s site to input your insurance information, which is why most consumers use the first method.To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
- The least recommended method to compare rates is to waste gas driving to insurance agents’ offices. The internet has reduced the need for local agents unless you want the professional advice of a licensed agent. It is possible to comparison shop your insurance online but still have the advice of a local agent.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just make darn sure you compare exactly the same deductibles and coverage limits on every quote. If you have differing limits it’s not possible to truly determine the lowest rate. Quoting even small variations in limits can mean a large discrepancy in price. And when comparing insurance rates, know that more quotes will increase your chances of finding lower pricing.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Companies don’t always advertise all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find both well-publicized as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using.
- Defensive Driver – Taking part in a course teaching defensive driving skills could save 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Discount for New Cars – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can cost up to 25% less due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- College Student – Youth drivers who are attending college and don’t have a car can receive lower rates.
- Sign Early and Save – A few companies offer discounts for switching policies before your current expiration date. It can save you around 10%.
- Military Discounts – Having a family member in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
It’s important to note that most discount credits are not given the whole policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won’t be that lucky.
To see a list of insurance companies with discount car insurance rates, click here to view.
Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 rate determination is complex
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that go into determining the price you pay for insurance coverage. Having a good understanding of what influences your rates enables informed choices that can help you get lower insurance coverage prices.
Listed below are some of the items insurance coverage companies consider when setting your rates.
- Never let your coverage lapse – Driving without insurance is illegal and as a result your rates will increase for letting your coverage have a gap. And not only will your rates increase, getting caught without coverage can result in a steep fine or even jail time.You may then be required to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with your state department of motor vehicles.
- More claims means more premium – If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Companies provide cheaper rates to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Auto insurance is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Older drivers pay less – Older drivers are viewed as being more responsible, file fewer claims and receive fewer citations. Young drivers have a tendency to be careless and easily distracted behind the wheel therefore insurance coverage rates are much higher.
- Liability insurance protects assets – The liability section of your policy provides coverage if ever a jury decides you are liable for damages caused by your negligence. It provides legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
- More people means more accidents – Living in less populated areas has it’s advantages when buying insurance coverage. Drivers in populated areas regularly have congested traffic and longer commutes to work. Less people living in that area translates into fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- Extra coverages can waste money – There are a ton of add-on coverages that you can buy if you aren’t careful. Coverages for rental car reimbursement, towing coverage and motor club memberships may be wasting your money. These coverages may sound good at first, but if you don’t need them eliminate them to save money.
- High crash test scores lower rates – Cars with high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Safe vehicles have better occupant injury protection and any reduction in injury severity translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims passed on to you as lower rates. If your Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may qualify for a discount.
- Women pay lower rates – Statistics have proven that women are safer drivers than men. However, this does not mean men are worse drivers. They both cause accidents at about the same rate, but the males have costlier accidents. They also receive more costly citations like DUI and reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are the most expensive to insure and are penalized with high insurance coverage rates.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same coverage
When buying proper insurance coverage, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For instance, these questions may help you determine if you will benefit from professional help.
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Specifics of your insurance policy
Knowing the specifics of your insurance policy helps when choosing the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like falling objects, rock chips in glass, vandalism, hail damage and fire damage. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
This coverage covers damage to your Ram Pickup 3500 caused by collision with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for things such as hitting a mailbox, sideswiping another vehicle, driving through your garage door and colliding with another moving vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Liability coverage protects you from damage or injury you incur to people or other property. It protects YOU against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 50/100/50 that translate to a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, $100,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability can pay for claims like medical expenses, bail bonds, loss of income and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but buy higher limits if possible.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
This coverage provides protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Dodge Ram Pickup 3500.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Medical expense insurance
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for expenses for X-ray expenses, dental work and doctor visits. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to you and your occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Summing up your insurance coverage search
We just presented many ways to lower your 2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 insurance rates. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even discover the lowest rates come from some of the lesser-known companies.
Insureds change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including questionable increases in premium, not issuing a premium refund, poor customer service or an unsatisfactory settlement offer. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching insurance coverage companies is easier than you think.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, never buy poor coverage just to save money. There are a lot of situations where consumers will sacrifice collision coverage to discover at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
For more information, take a look at the articles below:
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I compare insurance rates for my 2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500?
There are a couple of different ways to compare insurance rates from different companies. One of the best ways is to get online rate quotes. You can easily obtain quotes by visiting insurance comparison websites and entering your information. Make sure to compare the same deductibles and coverage limits on every quote to get an accurate comparison.
Are there any discounts available for my Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 insurance?
Yes, many insurance companies offer discounts that can help you save on your insurance premiums. However, not all discounts are openly advertised, so it’s important to ask your insurance provider about available discounts. Some common discounts include safe driver discounts, multi-policy discounts, and good student discounts.
How do insurance companies determine the rates for a Dodge Ram Pickup 3500?
Insurance rates are determined by several factors, including your driving record, the make and model of your vehicle, your age, your location, and your coverage choices. Insurance companies assess the level of risk associated with insuring your vehicle and calculate the premiums accordingly. It’s important to note that rates can vary between insurance companies, so it’s always a good idea to shop around and compare quotes.
What should I consider when choosing insurance coverage?
When choosing insurance coverage, consider factors such as your budget, the value of your vehicle, your driving habits, and your personal circumstances. Evaluate your needs for liability coverage, comprehensive and collision coverage, and additional optional coverages. It can be helpful to consult with an insurance agent to ensure you understand the different coverage options and make an informed decision.
How often should I review and compare my insurance rates?
It’s a good idea to review and compare your insurance rates regularly, as rates can change over time. Insurance companies may adjust their rates based on various factors, including changes in their underwriting guidelines or overall market conditions. Additionally, as your circumstances change, such as moving to a new location or buying a new vehicle, it’s important to ensure that your insurance coverage still meets your needs.
Can I switch insurance companies to get a better rate?
Yes, you can switch insurance companies if you find a better rate or if you’re not satisfied with your current provider. When switching, make sure to compare not only the premiums but also the coverage and customer service offered by different companies. Remember that price should not be the only factor in your decision; it’s important to consider the overall value and quality of the insurance coverage.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area