Cheapest 2002 Infiniti QX4 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want lower insurance coverage rates for your Infiniti QX4? Perplexed by the sheer number of insurance coverage companies? Many other drivers are as well. Drivers have so many options available that it can easily become a real hassle to compare prices.
If you currently have car insurance, you will most likely be able to reduce your rates substantially using these methods. The purpose of this post is to tell you how car insurance quotes work and some tricks to saving. But consumers benefit from understanding how insurance companies determine prices and take advantage of how the system works.
Insurance Quote Comparison
There are several ways of comparing rate quotes from local insurance companies. The fastest way to find the cheapest 2002 Infiniti QX4 insurance rates consists of obtaining rate quotes online. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in several different ways.
- The recommended way consumers can analyze rates would be an industry-wide quote request form like this one (opens in new window). This form eliminates the need for repetitive form entry for every insurance company. In just a few minutes this one form will return quotes from insurance companies with the best prices. It’s definitely the quickest method.
- A more time consuming way to find lower rates is going to the website for every company you want to comare and complete a new quote form. For example, let’s assume you want rates from GEICO, Liberty Mutual and GMAC. You would have to take the time to go to each site and enter your policy data, which is why the first method is quicker. For a list of links to companies insuring cars in your area, click here.
- The least recommended way to compare rates is to spend your day driving to local insurance agencies. Shopping for insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you require the professional advice of a local agent. You can, however, price shop your coverage online but still have the advice of a local agent and we’ll talk about that later.
However you get your quotes, double check that you are using apples-to-apples coverages for every company. If you enter different deductibles then you won’t be able to find the best deal for your Infiniti QX4. Quoting even small variations in coverage limits could mean much higher rates. And when quoting insurance, remember that more quotes gives you a better chance of getting a better price.
Discounts are available to cut your rates
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you may find discounts to cut the cost considerably. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time of purchase, but a few need to be asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags can receive discounts up to 30%.
- Military Discounts – Being on active duty in the military can result in better rates.
- Drivers Education – Require your teen driver to take driver’s ed class in school.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Bundle and Save – When you combine your home and auto insurance with the same insurance company you will save 10% to 20% off each policy.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn’t work that way. But any discount will help reduce the amount you have to pay.
For a list of companies who offer insurance coverage discounts, click here.
Everyone needs different coverages
When buying proper insurance coverage, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For instance, these questions might point out if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
If you’re not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Insurance policy coverages for a 2002 Infiniti QX4
Having a good grasp of your insurance policy can be of help when determining the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement.
Medical payments coverage and PIP – Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for short-term medical expenses for nursing services, hospital visits, dental work and funeral costs. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to you and your occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Comprehensive coverage – This coverage will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like hitting a bird, falling objects, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, a broken windshield and fire damage. The highest amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Liability insurance – This provides protection from damage that occurs to other people or property that is your fault. It protects YOU from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show liability limits of 100/300/100 that means you have a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL which provides one coverage limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability can pay for things like pain and suffering, court costs and attorney fees. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Infiniti QX4.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Usually these limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Collision coverage – This will pay to fix damage to your QX4 resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things like hitting a mailbox, damaging your car on a curb, rolling your car, crashing into a building and hitting a parking meter. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. Another option is to bump up the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area