2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Insurance Quotes
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 29, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
People new to comparing insurance rates online can find finding affordable insurance coverage quite challenging.
If you have car insurance now, you will be able to reduce your rates substantially using this strategy. This article will let you in on how car insurance quotes work. Although consumers benefit from understanding the way insurance companies sell online and apply this information to your search.
Don’t overlook these discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there could be available discounts to help offset the cost. Most are applied at quote time, but lesser-known reductions have to be inquired about before they will apply.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or retired federal employment can earn a discount up to 10% on Ram pickup insurance with select insurance companies.
- Early Signing – Select companies give a discount for buying a policy prior to your current policy expiration. This can save 10% or more.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of paying each month you could save 5% or more.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save up to 15% off your medical payments premium.
- Resident Student – Youth drivers who live away from home and don’t have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Military Discounts – Having a deployed family member could be rewarded with lower premiums.
- Discount for Good Grades – Performing well in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a house can help you save on car insurance because owning a home shows financial diligence.
Drivers should understand that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But all discounts will cut the amount you have to pay.
A partial list of companies that possibly offer these discounts may include but are not limited to:
- American Family
- 21st Century
- Farmers Insurance
Double check with each insurance company what discounts are available to you. Savings might not be offered in your state.
The quickest way to get policy rate comparisons takes advantage of the fact auto insurance companies participate in online systems to give you rate quotes. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is provide details including distance driven, how much coverage you want, your occupation, and if it has an anti-theft system. Your rating data is instantly submitted to many highly-rated insurers and they return rate quotes very quickly.
Some factors that can determine what Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 insurance costs
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that help determine the price you pay for auto insurance. Understanding what controls the rates you pay allows you to make educated decisions that could result in better auto insurance rates.
The following are a few of the “ingredients” companies use to determine premiums.
- Marriage brings a discount – Having a wife or husband can get you a discount when buying auto insurance. Having a spouse means you’re more mature and responsible and statistics show married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- You might want pay the small claims yourself – Companies provide discounts to drivers who are claim-free. If you frequently file small claims, you can pretty much guarantee higher rates. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for the large, substantial claims.
- Cautious drivers pay less – Even one ticket can boost insurance rates by twenty percent. Careful drivers have lower premiums compared to drivers with tickets. If you have flagrant violations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may find they need to file a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to keep their license.
- Your job and insurance rates – Occupations such as doctors, social workers and accountants tend to have higher rates than average in part from job stress and lengthy work days. On the flip side, professions such as actors, athletes and retirees receive lower rates on Ram pickup insurance.
- Older drivers save more – Teenage drivers tend to be less responsible behind the wheel so auto insurance rates are higher. Having to add a teen driver to your policy can really hurt. Older drivers tend to be more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents and tend to be better behind the wheel.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Is my situation unique?
When choosing the best insurance coverage, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s needs are different.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in my state?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Does my 2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 qualify for pleasure use?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
The insurance bait and switch
Insurance providers like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive consistently run television and radio advertisements. They all have a common claim that you’ll save big if you change to them. But how can every company claim to save you money? It’s all in the numbers.
Insurance companies have a certain “appetite” for the type of customer that is profitable for them. An example of a preferred risk might be between 30 and 50, insures multiple vehicles, and drives newer vehicles. A driver who fits that profile will get very good rates and most likely will save quite a bit of money when switching.
Consumers who do not match the “perfect” profile must pay higher rates which usually ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. Company advertisements say “people who switch” not “people who quote” save money. That is how companies can claim big savings.
This illustrates why you absolutely need to get as many comparisons as possible. It’s impossible to know which company will fit your personal profile best.
Car insurance coverage information
Learning about specific coverages of insurance can help you determine appropriate coverage for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like a broken windshield, hail damage, damage from a tornado or hurricane and falling objects. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Dodge Ram Pickup 1500.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important. Usually your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for expenses such as rehabilitation expenses, hospital visits, EMT expenses and pain medications. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Auto liability insurance
Liability coverage provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property that is your fault. It protects you from claims by other people. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 50/100/50 which means a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have a combined single limit or CSL which combines the three limits into one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as funeral expenses, attorney fees and repair costs for stationary objects. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but buy as large an amount as possible.
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against claims like crashing into a ditch, sideswiping another vehicle and scraping a guard rail. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
Spend less. Save more.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that it was a big mistake. The aim is to buy enough coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
People who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, policy cancellation, extreme rates for teen drivers or delays in responding to claim requests. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching car insurance companies can be easy and end up saving you some money.
You just learned quite a bit of information on how to reduce 2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from a small mutual company.
Other learning opportunities
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area