Save on 2008 Dodge Durango Car Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Confused by the wide range of insurance coverage company choices? Many other drivers are as well. There are so many options available that it can quickly become a lot of work to find the perfect company for you.
It’s a good habit to take a look at other company’s rates once or twice a year since rates are usually higher with each renewal. Just because you had the best rates for Durango coverage a few years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Forget all the misinformation about insurance coverage because you’re about to learn one of the quickest ways to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
Comprehensive Auto Insurance Comparison
To find the best auto insurance prices, there are several ways to compare rate quotes from local auto insurance companies. The quickest method to compare 2008 Dodge Durango insurance prices is to perform an online rate comparison. This is very easy and can be done in a couple of different ways.
- The first (and easiest) way to find the lowest comparison rates is to use a rate comparison form click here to open form in new window. This easy form eliminates the need for separate quote forms for each company you want a rate for. Filling out one form gets you coverage quotes from several companies. It’s the fastest way to compare.
- A slightly less efficient method to obtain and compare quotes online requires a trip to each company website and complete a new quote form. For example, we’ll pretend you want to compare rates from Allstate, Safeco and Progressive. You would have to go to every website to enter your coverage information, which is why the first method is quicker.
For a list of links to insurance companies in your area, click here.
- The least efficient method to compare rates is to spend time driving to different agent offices. Shopping for auto insurance online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you want the trained guidance only provided by licensed agents. You can, however, obtain prices from the web but buy from a local insurance agent. We’ll cover that shortly.
Whichever method you choose, ensure you’re using the exact same information for each comparison quote. If the quotes have different liability limits it will be next to impossible to determine the best price for your Dodge Durango. Having just a slight variation in limits could mean much higher rates. It’s important to know that more quotes gives you a better chance of getting a better price.
Can switching companies really save?
Insurance coverage providers like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm regularly use ads on TV and radio. They all say the same thing of big savings if you move to their company. How does each company make almost identical claims? This is how they do it.
All the different companies can use profiling for the right customer that makes them money. For example, a profitable customer might be between the ages of 40 and 55, is a homeowner, and has a high credit rating. Any driver who meets those qualifications receives the best rates and is almost guaranteed to save quite a bit of money when switching.
Potential customers who fall outside these standards will be quoted higher prices and ends up with business not being written. The ad wording is “people who switch” not “people who quote” save that much money. This is how companies can claim big savings. This emphasizes why you should get a wide range of price quotes. It is impossible to predict which insurance coverage company will fit your personal profile best.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always list all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we researched some of the more common and the more hidden ways to save on insurance coverage.
- Good Student – Performing well in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The discount lasts up to age 25.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less for Durango coverage than drivers with accidents.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed with a military unit could be rewarded with lower premiums.
- College Student – Youth drivers living away from home attending college and don’t have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Own a Home – Being a homeowner may trigger a insurance coverage policy discount because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one company you may earn approximately 10% to 15%.
- Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to use their safety belts could save 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Save over 55 – Mature drivers may qualify for a small decrease in premiums for Durango coverage.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a new car can be considerably cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles with anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10%.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
To see a list of companies with discount insurance coverage rates, follow this link.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same coverage
When buying coverage, there is no cookie cutter policy. Every situation is different.
For instance, these questions might help in determining if you will benefit from professional help.
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form.
Specific coverage details
Understanding the coverages of your policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
This will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as vandalism, damage from getting keyed, theft and hail damage. The maximum amount your auto insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
This coverage can cover damage that occurs to other people or property in an accident. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show values of 50/100/50 which means a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability can pay for things like emergency aid, court costs and attorney fees. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but you should buy as large an amount as possible.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for immediate expenses such as rehabilitation expenses, doctor visits, surgery and EMT expenses. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. It covers you and your occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Collision insurance pays for damage to your Durango resulting from colliding with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers claims like hitting a parking meter, backing into a parked car and crashing into a ditch. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also raise the deductible to bring the cost down.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This provides protection when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Feed the piggy bank
Consumers switch companies for any number of reasons including policy non-renewal, unfair underwriting practices, denial of a claim or even high rates after DUI convictions. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a great new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
When you buy insurance online, do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many cases where someone dropped physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The aim is to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
We just presented a lot of techniques to get a better price on 2008 Dodge Durango insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. You may even find the most savings is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Much more information about auto insurance can be found at these links:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area