Cheapest 2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 8, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for better auto insurance rates for your Dodge Ram Pickup 1500? Having to pay for overpriced Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 insurance can take a big chunk out of your personal savings and put a big crunch on your finances. Doing a price comparison is free, only takes a few minutes, and is a good way to reduce premiums and put more money in your pocket. Companies like State Farm, GEICO and Farmers Insurance constantly blast consumers with advertising and it is difficult to separate fact from fiction and do the work needed to find the best deal.
Factors that might impact rates for a Dodge Ram Pickup 1500
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that help determine your car insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to big savings.
The following are some of the items that factor into prices.
- Don’t cancel a policy without a new one in place – Allowing your coverage to lapse is a fast way to trigger a rate increase. And not only will insurance be more expensive, failure to provide proof of insurance can result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.You may then be required to file a SR-22 with your state motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Liability coverage protects you – The liability section of your policy will protect you if ever you are found liable for damages caused by your negligence. It provides for a legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Older drivers pay less – Young drivers are statistically proven to be less responsible when driving so they pay higher car insurance rates. Having to add a teen driver onto a policy can break the bank. More mature drivers tend to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims and are safer drivers.
- Rural vs Urban Areas – Living in a rural area can be a good thing when buying car insurance. Lower population means a lower chance of having an accident and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Urban drivers tend to have much more traffic to deal with and a longer drive to work. Longer commute distances translates into higher accident risk.
- Occupation reflects on rates – Occupations like real estate brokers, social workers and accountants are shown to have higher rates than average due to high stress and lots of time spent at work. On the flip side, occupations like pilots, athletes and the unemployed pay the least for Ram pickup insurance.
- Do you need those extra coverages? – There are many additional coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you aren’t careful. Things like rental car reimbursement, accidental death and membership fees may be wasting your money. They may seem like a good idea initially, but your needs may have changed so remove them from your policy.
- Where do you drive? – The higher the mileage driven in a year the higher your rates will be. Most insurance companies rate vehicles based on their usage. Autos that are left in the garage receive lower rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Improper usage on your Ram Pickup 1500 can result in significantly higher rates. Verify your car insurance declarations sheet shows the correct usage for each vehicle, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Theft deterrents lower rates – Owning a car with an alarm system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention devices such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can help prevent auto theft.
Do you qualify for a discount?
Auto insurance companies don’t always publicize every discount in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of some of the more common and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving. If they aren’t giving you every credit available, you are paying more than you should be.
- Bundle and Save – When you combine your home and auto insurance with the same company you may save at least 10% off all policies.
- Drive Less and Save – Low mileage vehicles could qualify for better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some insurance companies reward drivers for signing up prior to your current policy expiration. The savings is around 10%.
- Senior Citizens – Mature drivers can possibly qualify for a discount up to 10% for Ram pickup insurance.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being a member of a civic or occupational organization is a good way to get lower rates on your policy for Ram pickup insurance.
- Student in College – Kids in college living away from home attending college and do not have a car can receive lower rates.
- Payment Method – If you pay your bill all at once instead of paying each month you can actually save on your bill.
Drivers should understand that some credits don’t apply the whole policy. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
Companies that may offer these discounts include:
- State Farm
- 21st Century
Check with each company which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts might not be offered in every state.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
What coverages do I need?
When it comes to buying the best car insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. These are some specific questions can help discover if your situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Does my 2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 qualify for pleasure use?
- Is my 2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 covered for flood damage?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- Do I have newly-aquired coverage?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
The coverage is in the details
Knowing the specifics of a car insurance policy helps when choosing the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Shown next are typical coverages found on the average car insurance policy.
Comprehensive coverage – Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, rock chips in glass, damage from getting keyed and theft. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Collision coverage – This coverage covers damage to your Ram Pickup 1500 caused by collision with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers claims such as sustaining damage from a pot hole, crashing into a ditch and backing into a parked car. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Liability coverage – Liability coverage will cover damage that occurs to other people or property. It protects you from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show policy limits of 25/50/25 which stand for $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for things like medical expenses, pain and suffering, legal defense fees and bail bonds. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage – This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important.
Medical payments coverage and PIP – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for immediate expenses for dental work, prosthetic devices, X-ray expenses and hospital visits. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to you and your occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Be a penny pincher
We covered many ideas to shop for 2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the lowest premiums are with a lesser-known regional company. These smaller insurers often have lower prices on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
Cheap insurance can be purchased from both online companies as well as from independent agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who don’t offer online quoting and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
For more information, feel free to browse these articles:
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
Use our FREE quote tool to compare rates now!
Frequently Asked Questions
What factors determine the cost of insurance for a 2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500?
Several factors can influence the cost of insurance for a 2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500. These may include the driver’s age, driving history, location, annual mileage, coverage limits, deductible amount, and the overall condition of the vehicle.
Are there any specific features or characteristics of the 2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 that can affect insurance rates?
Yes, certain features and characteristics of the 2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 can impact insurance rates. Factors such as the vehicle’s make, model, engine size, safety features, theft deterrent systems, and repair costs may be taken into account by insurance companies when determining the cost of coverage.
How can I find the cheapest insurance rates for my 2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500?
To find the most affordable insurance rates for your 2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500, consider the following steps:
- Shop around: Obtain quotes from multiple insurance providers and compare their rates.
- Increase deductibles: Opting for a higher deductible can lower your premium, but ensure you can afford the out-of-pocket expense in case of a claim.
- Explore discounts: Inquire about available discounts such as safe driver discounts, multi-policy discounts, or anti-theft device discounts.
- Maintain a clean driving record: A history of safe driving can help you secure better insurance rates.
- Consider usage-based insurance: Some insurers offer usage-based policies where premiums are based on your driving habits. If you’re a low-mileage driver, this could lead to lower rates.
Are there any specific insurance providers known for offering competitive rates for a 2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500?
Insurance rates can vary among providers, and it’s best to compare quotes from multiple companies. However, some well-known insurance providers that are often competitive in terms of rates include GEICO, Progressive, State Farm, Allstate, and Farmers Insurance.
Are there any additional tips to keep insurance costs down for a 2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500?
Yes, here are a few additional tips to help reduce insurance costs:
- Maintain a good credit score: In some cases, a higher credit score can lead to lower insurance premiums.
- Bundle your insurance: If you have multiple insurance needs, bundling them with one provider may result in discounted rates.
- Take defensive driving courses: Completing an approved defensive driving course can sometimes qualify you for a discount on your insurance premium.
- Avoid filing small claims: Consider paying for minor repairs out of pocket instead of filing a claim, as frequent claims can lead to higher premiums.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area