Saturn Saturn Vue Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 6, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Finding the most affordable insurance over the internet can seem to be challenging for consumers not familiar with price shopping online. With so many choices, how can you even start to compare the different rates to find the best pricing?
Saturn VUE premiums are determined by many factors
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that play a part in calculating auto insurance rates. Understanding what controls the rates you pay allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to better auto insurance rates.
Shown below are a few of the “ingredients” companies use to determine prices.
- Being married can save on auto insurance – Having a wife or husband can get you a discount on your auto insurance policy. Having a significant other usually means you are more mature it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- More miles equals more premium – The more you drive each year the higher your rates will be. Most companies price each vehicle’s coverage determined by how the vehicle is used. Vehicles left parked in the garage qualify for better rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Improper usage on your VUE can cost quite a bit. Make sure your auto insurance policy shows the correct driver usage.
- Little extras can really add up – There are a ton of add-on coverages you can purchase when buying auto insurance. Coverages for vanishing deductibles, better glass coverage and additional equipment coverage are some examples. These coverages may sound good when you first buy your policy, but now you might not need them so eliminate them to save money.
- Traffic violations increase rates – Your driving record has a big impact on rates. Even a single speeding ticket can boost insurance rates by as much as thirty percent. Careful drivers have lower premiums than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who get severe violations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may be required to submit a SR-22 form with the DMV in their state in order to drive a vehicle legally.
Low Cost Car Insurance
There are a variety of methods to shop for 2008 Saturn VUE car insurance, but there is one way that is more efficient than others. You can waste a few hours (or days) talking about coverages with insurance companies in your area, or you can utilize online quotes to achieve your goal.
Most of the best insurance companies belong to an insurance system that enables customers to enter their coverage request one time, and each participating company then returns a price quote based on that information. This eliminates the need for form submissions for every car insurance company.
To fill out one form to compare multiple rates now click here to open in new window.
The one disadvantage to using this type of system is that consumers can’t choose which carriers you want to price. So if you want to select from a list of companies to request quotes from, we have assembled a list of low cost car insurance companies in your area. View list of insurance companies.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but ensure you’re using the exact same deductibles and coverage limits on every quote you get. If you compare differing limits it will be next to impossible to make an equal comparison. Just a small difference in insurance coverages may result in large price differences. And when quoting car insurance, remember that more quotes will improve the odds of getting the best price.
Be sure to get all your discounts
Companies don’t necessarily list all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list some of the best known and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving.
- Save with a New Car – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can save up to 30% since new cars are generally safer.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and will save you 10% or more.
- Government Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could cut as much as 10% off on VUE insurance with certain companies.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Discount for Good Grades – A discount for being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Drivers Education – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll in driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
- Accident Waiver – Certain companies allow you one accident without raising rates so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to the accident.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory air bags can qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Senior Citizens – If you’re over the age of 55, you may qualify for a small decrease in premiums on VUE insurance.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your bill all at once instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
It’s important to understand that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
To see a list of providers with discount car insurance rates, click here.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When choosing proper insurance coverage, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether you will benefit from professional help.
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in my state?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- What is the ISO rating for a 2008 Saturn VUE?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Information about specific coverages
Knowing the specifics of a insurance policy can help you determine appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Medical expense insurance – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for expenses like X-ray expenses, dental work, nursing services and funeral costs. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover all vehicle occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) – Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like theft, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, vandalism and hitting a deer. The maximum amount your insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Liability auto insurance – Liability insurance provides protection from damage that occurs to other people or property by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see limits of 50/100/50 that means you have a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000.
Liability can pay for things like loss of income, legal defense fees, funeral expenses, repair costs for stationary objects and structural damage. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but buy as large an amount as possible.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers – This coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Saturn VUE.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked.
Collision coverage – Collision insurance pays for damage to your VUE resulting from a collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for things like crashing into a ditch, backing into a parked car and damaging your car on a curb. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Affordable insurance is out there
While you’re price shopping online, it’s not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where an insured dropped physical damage coverage only to discover later that it was a big error on their part. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
Cheap 2008 Saturn VUE insurance can be bought online and with local insurance agents, so compare prices from both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who do not offer online quoting and many times these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how you can get a better price on insurance. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from the smaller companies.
To learn more, feel free to visit the resources below:
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Determing Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
Frequently Asked Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area