Cheapest 2009 Buick Enclave Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for lower insurance coverage rates? Shoppers have options when shopping for the best price on Buick Enclave insurance. You can either waste hours struggling with agents getting price quotes or leverage the internet to get rate quotes.
There is a right way and a wrong way to buy insurance coverage and we’ll show you the best way to compare rates for a Buick and get the cheapest rates.
Compare the Market for Car Insurance
All major car insurance companies such as State Farm, Allstate and GEICO quote coverage price quotes directly from their websites. The process is pretty painless as you just type in your coverage preferences as detailed in the form. After the form is submitted, the system sends out for your driving and credit reports and quotes a price based on many factors.
Being able to quote online simplifies rate comparisons, but the process of having to visit several different sites and fill out multiple forms can get tiresome after awhile. But it’s absolutely necessary to have as many quotes as possible in order to find better prices.
The easiest way to compare rates uses one simple form to get prices from multiple companies. It saves time, requires much less work on your part, and makes online quotes much easier. Immediately after submitting the form, it is rated and you can select any or none of the returned quotes.
If a lower price is quoted, it’s easy to complete the application and purchase the new policy. The entire process just takes a couple of minutes and may save quite a bit of money.
To compare pricing, click here to open in new window and begin entering your coverage information. To compare your current rates, we recommend you copy your coverages just like they are on your policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you’re receiving an apples-to-apples comparison for similar coverage.
Don’t miss out on these money-saving discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there are discounts available to cut the cost considerably. Certain discounts will be applied when you purchase, but some must be specifically requested prior to getting the savings. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you are throwing money away.
- No Claims – Good drivers with no accidents can save substantially as compared to frequent claim filers.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with a break if you buy life insurance from them.
- Clubs and Organizations – Affiliation with a civic or occupational organization may earn a discount when shopping for car insurance for Enclave coverage.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same insurance company you will save at least 10% off all policies.
- E-sign – Some insurance companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy over the internet.
- Government Employees – Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off for Enclave coverage with a few car insurance companies.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Being a homeowner can save you money because maintaining a house is proof that your finances are in order.
- Distant Student – Any of your kids living away from home attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
Drivers should understand that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won’t be that lucky. Any amount of discount will cut the amount you have to pay.
A partial list of companies who might offer some of the above discounts are:
Double check with all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. Discounts might not apply in every state.
Do I need special coverages?
When choosing the best insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For example, these questions could help you determine whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Buick Enclave rates influenced by many factors
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that go into determining the price you pay for auto insurance. Understanding what controls the rates you pay helps enable you to make changes that could result in better auto insurance rates.
Listed below are some of the items that factor into premiums.
- Proper usage rating affects rates – The higher the mileage driven in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Almost all companies price each vehicle’s coverage based on their usage. Vehicles left parked in the garage qualify for better rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Make sure your auto insurance declarations sheet properly reflects the correct usage for each vehicle. Incorrect usage on your Enclave can result in significantly higher rates.
- Men are more aggressive – The statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, don’t assume that men are WORSE drivers than women. Women and men are in accidents in similar numbers, but the male of the species cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also tend to get more serious tickets like DUI and reckless driving.
- Where you live – Choosing to live in less populated areas has it’s advantages when buying auto insurance. Fewer people translates into fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate. Drivers in populated areas tend to have congested traffic and much longer commute distances. Longer commute distances means more change of being in an accident.
- Frequent auto insurance claims increase rates – If you frequently file small claims, you can pretty much guarantee either higher rates or even cancellation. Auto insurance companies give lower rates to people who do not file claims often. Car insurance is intended for the large, substantial claims.
- Liability coverage protects you – Your policy’s liability coverage is the protection in the event that you are found to be at fault for damages caused by your negligence. Liability insurance provides for a legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability is cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Don’t buy coverages you don’t need – There are quite a few extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your Enclave policy. Insurance for personal injury protection, accidental death and motor club memberships may be costing you every month. They may seem good when talking to your agent, but if you don’t need them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Car insurance 101
Having a good grasp of a car insurance policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Comprehensive protection – Comprehensive insurance pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like rock chips in glass, falling objects, damage from a tornado or hurricane, damage from flooding and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The highest amount your car insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Auto liability – This coverage provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property in an accident. It protects YOU against claims from other people. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have values of 100/300/100 that means you have $100,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged property. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL which limits claims to one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability insurance covers things such as repair costs for stationary objects, emergency aid and structural damage. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford.
Collision – This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims such as scraping a guard rail, hitting a parking meter, crashing into a building and crashing into a ditch. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage – This coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your 2009 Buick Enclave.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Medical expense coverage – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for short-term medical expenses like funeral costs, X-ray expenses, pain medications, rehabilitation expenses and nursing services. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover both the driver and occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
A penny saved is a penny earned
We’ve covered many ideas to reduce 2009 Buick Enclave insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. Drivers may discover the best prices are with a lesser-known regional company.
While you’re price shopping online, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where an insured dropped liability coverage limits only to regret that it was a big mistake. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford.
Discount insurance is attainable both online as well as from independent agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection. Some companies don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
For more information, take a look at the articles below:
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area