2009 Toyota Avalon Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 13, 2015
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2009 Toyota Avalon are $1,024 a year for full coverage. Comprehensive costs on average $202, collision costs $284, and liability coverage costs around $402. Buying a liability-only policy costs as low as $446 a year, with high-risk insurance costing around $2,202. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at $3,952 a year or more.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,024
Rate estimates for 2009 Toyota Avalon Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2009 Toyota Avalon models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For the average driver, prices range go from as low as $446 for only liability insurance to a much higher rate of $2,202 for a driver that may need high-risk insurance.
These differences show why anyone shopping for car insurance should compare prices based on a specific location and risk profile, rather than using price averages.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2009 Toyota Avalon Insurance
Have you had enough of paying out the nose each month for car insurance? You’re in the same situation as many other drivers. You have multiple insurance companies to buy insurance from, and although it’s nice to have multiple companies, so many choices can make it hard to get the best deal.
You should take the time to price shop coverage yearly because rates change regularly. If you had the best rates on Avalon coverage on your last policy other companies may now be cheaper. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the fastest way to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
Choosing the best insurance company for you is not that difficult. If you have a current car insurance policy or need a new policy, you can learn to find better prices while maintaining coverages. Drivers only need to know the most effective way to compare company rates online.
Cut your insurance coverage rates with discounts
Auto insurance companies do not list all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find some of the best known and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using. If they aren’t giving you every credit you deserve, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a family member in the military could mean lower rates.
- Sign Online – Some insurance companies will give a small break simply for signing over the internet.
- One Accident Forgiven – A few companies allow you one accident before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don’t have any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Good Student – Getting good grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Own a Home – Owning a house may trigger a insurance coverage policy discount because owning a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some companies give discounts for switching to them before your current expiration date. The savings is around 10%.
- Drive Safe and Save – Safe drivers can pay as much as 50% less on Avalon coverage than their less cautious counterparts.
Keep in mind that most discounts do not apply the whole policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
A partial list of companies who might offer these discounts are:
Check with every prospective company which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts might not be offered in every state.
Toyota Avalon insurance rates consist of many parts
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for insurance. Understanding what controls the rates you pay helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with big savings.
- Better credit means lower rates – Credit rating is a large factor in your rate calculation. People with high credit scores tend to be more responsible than those with lower credit ratings. If your credit history can use some improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your 2009 Toyota Avalon by repairing your credit.
- Pleasure use saves money – Driving more miles in a year the higher your rates will be. Almost all companies rate vehicles determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks left parked in the garage receive lower rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. If your policy improperly rates your Avalon may be wasting your money. Make sure your insurance coverage is showing the proper vehicle usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Allowing your policy to lapse raises rates – Allowing your insurance policy to lapse will be a guaranteed way to pay more for insurance. And not only will your rates increase, failure to provide proof of insurance can result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.You may have to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with your state motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Little extras can really add up – There are a lot of additional coverages you can purchase on your Avalon policy. Coverages for rental car reimbursement, better glass coverage and membership fees may be wasting your money. These may sound like a good investment at first, but your needs may have changed so eliminate them to save money.
- Keep rates low by being claim-free – Auto insurance companies give discounts to policyholders who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on higher rates. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
You are unique and your car insurance should be too
When it comes to choosing coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For example, these questions might point out whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my 2009 Toyota Avalon?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- How much liability coverage do I need in my state?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Is my Toyota Avalon covered if I use it for business?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Slick advertising tricks that work
Consumers can’t ignore all the ads for car insurance savings by companies like State Farm and Allstate. All the ads make an identical promise about savings if you change to them.
How does each company make the same claim?
Different companies are able to cherry pick for the type of driver that is profitable for them. For example, a preferred risk might be between 30 and 50, insures multiple vehicles, and chooses high deductibles. A propective insured that hits that “sweet spot” receives the best rates and is almost guaranteed to save quite a bit of money when switching.
Potential customers who don’t measure up to the “perfect” profile will have to pay higher prices and ends up with the customer not buying. The ads state “people who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that kind of money. This is how companies can state the savings. Because of the profiling, you should get a wide range of price quotes. It’s not possible to predict the company that will fit your personal profile best.
Insurance coverages 101
Having a good grasp of your policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Below you’ll find typical coverage types offered by insurance companies.
Comprehensive auto coverage
This will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like damage from flooding, damage from a tornado or hurricane, hitting a deer and hail damage. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for bills for EMT expenses, dental work, pain medications and ambulance fees. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
This gives you protection when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important.
Collision coverage pays for damage to your Avalon resulting from colliding with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for things such as hitting a parking meter, colliding with another moving vehicle, crashing into a ditch, damaging your car on a curb and crashing into a building. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Coverage for liability
This will cover injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people in an accident. It protects you from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show liability limits of 25/50/25 which means a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability insurance covers claims such as repair bills for other people’s vehicles, medical services, attorney fees and loss of income. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
Get your money’s worth
In this article, we covered quite a bit of information on how to shop for 2009 Toyota Avalon insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the lowest rates come from a lesser-known regional company. Regional companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Cheap insurance can be sourced both online and with local insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some auto insurance companies do not offer online price quotes and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Additional information can be read at the links below
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$1,617|
|Los Angeles, CA||$1,752|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$67|
|5-yr Claim Free||$65|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$41|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.