2010 Toyota Avalon Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Oct 6, 2017
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2010 Toyota Avalon are $1,064 a year for full coverage. Comprehensive insurance costs on average $220, collision insurance costs $306, and liability costs $402. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $446 a year, and high-risk insurance costs $2,280 or more. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at up to $4,062 a year.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,064
Rate estimates for 2010 Toyota Avalon Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2010 Toyota Avalon models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For the average driver, prices range range from as low as $446 for just liability insurance to the much higher price of $2,280 for a driver that may need high-risk insurance.
These differences show why everyone should compare rates based on a specific location and risk profile, instead of making a decision based on price averages.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2010 Toyota Avalon Insurance
Searching for cheaper insurance for a Toyota Avalon can normally be a lot of work, but you can learn these tips to find lower rates.
There are both good and bad ways to find insurance coverage online so we’re going to tell you the absolute fastest way to quote coverages for a Toyota and obtain the cheapest rates either online or from local insurance agents.
Pricing cheaper protection is simple if you know the tricks. If you have insurance now or are shopping for new coverage, you can use these techniques to get lower rates while maximizing coverage. Vehicle owners just need to know the proper methods to find the lowest price on the web.
How to Lower Your Insurance Coverage Cost
Getting a lower price on 2010 Toyota Avalon insurance doesn’t have to be difficult. Drivers just need to take time to get quotes online from several insurance companies. This is very easy and can be done in a couple of different ways.
- One of the simplest ways consumers can make multiple comparisons is an all-inclusive rate comparison click to view form in new window. This method saves time by eliminating separate quotes to each individual insurance coverage company. Filling out one form will get you rate comparisons direct from many companies. Recommended for those who want to invest the least amount of time.
- A less efficient way to compare prices is to take the time to go to the website for every company you want to comare and complete a new quote form. For example, let’s assume you want to compare rates from Nationwide, Allstate and Liberty Mutual. To get rate quotes you would need to take the time to go to each site and enter your information, which is why the first method is quicker. For a list of links to companies insuring cars in your area, click here.
- The least efficient method to compare rates is driving to different agent offices. Buying insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless you prefer the professional advice only provided by licensed agents. However, consumers can get the lowest quotes online but buy from a local insurance agent. We’ll cover that shortly.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just ensure you are comparing identical coverage limits and deductibles for every company. If the quotes have different limits and deductibles on each one it will be very difficult to make an equal comparison.
Save on Toyota Avalon insurance
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there could be available discounts to reduce the price significantly. Most are applied at quote time, but less common discounts must be asked for before you will receive the discount. If they aren’t giving you every credit you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Save with a New Car – Adding a new car to your policy is cheaper because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less on Avalon coverage than less cautious drivers.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Anti-theft and alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Having multiple cars or trucks on one policy qualifies for this discount.
It’s important to note that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, car insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any qualifying discounts will cut the amount you have to pay.
Car insurance companies who might offer these money-saving discounts may include but are not limited to:
Before buying, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. Savings might not apply everywhere.
What determines your Toyota Avalon insurance premium
It’s important that you understand the rating factors that help determine insurance coverage rates. Knowing what influences your rates allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to lower insurance coverage prices.
- Men are more aggressive – Statistics have proven women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, this does not mean women are better drivers. They both have accidents at a similar rate, but men have costlier accidents. Men also get more serious tickets such as reckless driving. Young males tend to get in the most accidents and thus pay the highest rates.
- A lapse in coverage is a bad thing – Driving without insurance is illegal and your next policy will cost more because you let your coverage have a gap. And not only will insurance be more expensive, getting caught without coverage may earn you a license revocation or jail time.You may have to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with your state department of motor vehicles.
- Being married can save on insurance coverage – Having a spouse can get you a discount on your policy. Having a significant other means you’re more responsible and it’s statistically proven that married couples file fewer claims.
- Your job and insurance rates – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for insurance coverage? Occupations like judges, business owners and dentists are shown to have the highest average rates in part from high stress and lots of time spent at work. Other jobs such as scientists, historians and homemakers pay the least on Avalon coverage.
- Younger drivers pay higher rates – Mature drivers are more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents and receive fewer citations. Young drivers are known to be less responsible in a vehicle and because of this, their insurance coverage rates are much higher.
- Protect your assets with liability insurance – The liability section of your policy will protect you in the event that you are found to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability provides legal defense coverage up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability is cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Where you reside plays a part – Choosing to live in less populated areas can save you money when it comes to insurance coverage. Fewer drivers means reduced accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Drivers in populated areas have to deal with traffic congestion and a longer drive to work. More time on the road translates into higher accident risk.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to choosing coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For example, these questions might help in determining whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Insurance coverages explained
Knowing the specifics of your insurance policy can be of help when determining the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like hitting a bird, hail damage, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and falling objects. The maximum amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Coverage for medical payments
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for short-term medical expenses for hospital visits, dental work and prosthetic devices. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to you and your occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Avalon resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for things like colliding with another moving vehicle, damaging your car on a curb, sideswiping another vehicle and colliding with a tree. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Liability car insurance
Liability coverage provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to people or other property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see policy limits of 50/100/50 which stand for a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property. Another option is a combined single limit or CSL which combines the three limits into one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as court costs, structural damage and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea. Usually these coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
More comparisons equals lower rates
Consumers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as denial of a claim, questionable increases in premium, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and even high rates after DUI convictions. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new insurance company is actually quite simple.
You just learned some good ideas how you can shop for 2010 Toyota Avalon insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more you quote, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Drivers may discover the lowest rates come from some of the lesser-known companies.
As you shop your coverage around, you should never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out that it was a big mistake. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
To learn more, link through to these articles:
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$1,677|
|Los Angeles, CA||$1,815|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$71|
|5-yr Claim Free||$68|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$43|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.