2011 GMC Sierra Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 1, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2011 GMC Sierra are $1,184 a year for full coverage. Comprehensive costs on average $216, collision insurance costs $346, and liability insurance costs around $464. Buying a liability-only policy costs as low as $514 a year, and high-risk insurance costs around $2,560. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at up to $4,620 a year.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,184
Rate estimates for 2011 GMC Sierra Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2011 GMC Sierra models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a middle-aged driver, prices range range from as low as $514 for only liability insurance to a much higher rate of $2,560 for a high risk driver.
These differences show why anyone shopping for car insurance should compare prices based on a specific location and risk profile, rather than relying on price averages.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2011 GMC Sierra Insurance
Want the cheapest auto insurance rates for your GMC Sierra 1500? Finding lower rates for auto insurance can be difficult for consumers new to comparing rates online. There are so many options that it can easily become more work than you anticipated to find the best price.
Choosing the best insurance company for you is not rocket science. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will most likely be able to lower your premiums substantially using this strategy. But drivers can benefit from knowing the methods companies use to sell online and use this information to your advantage.
The best way we recommend to compare rates utilizes the fact most of the bigger providers actually pay money for the chance to give rate comparisons. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is provide a small amount of information including if it has an alarm system, what you do for a living, your education level, and whether you have decent credit. That rating data is instantly submitted to multiple companies and you should receive rate quotes instantly.
Buyer beware of car insurance advertising tricks
State Farm and Allstate regularly use television and radio advertisements. All the companies say the same thing that you’ll save big if you move your policy. How do they all say the same thing? It’s all in the numbers.
Different companies have a preferred profile for the type of customer that makes them money. For instance, a profitable customer might be a mature driver, has no tickets, and has a high credit rating. A propective insured that hits that “sweet spot” will get very good rates and therefore will pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Potential customers who do not match these standards must pay higher premiums and ends up with business going elsewhere. The ads say “customers that switch” not “everyone that quotes” save money. This is how insurance companies can make those claims. This illustrates why you absolutely need to get as many quotes as possible. It’s impossible to know which company will give you the biggest savings on GMC Sierra 1500 insurance.
Impacting insurance rates for a GMC Sierra 1500
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that go into determining your auto insurance rates. Knowing what influences your rates allows you to make educated decisions that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
Listed below are some of the factors companies use to determine premiums.
- Lower deductibles cost more – Physical damage insurance, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your GMC. Some examples of claims that would be covered could be collision with another vehicle, vandalism, or theft. Deductibles for physical damage are how much you are required to spend before a claim is paid by your company. The higher the amount the insured has to pay upfront, the less your auto insurance will be for Sierra insurance.
- Bundling policies can get discounts – Some auto insurance companies give discounts to people who consolidate policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount you still need to compare other company rates to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Do you work long hours in a high stress job? – Jobs such as lawyers, social workers and stock brokers tend to pay the highest rates in part from high stress levels and long work days. On the other hand, occupations like farmers, students and retirees have the lowest average rates for Sierra insurance.
- Do men or women drive better? – Statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that men are worse drivers. Women and men have accidents at a similar rate, but the male of the species cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also tend to get more serious tickets such as reckless driving.
Cut your premium with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t list all their discounts very well, so the following is a list of some of the more common and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving.
- Passive Restraints – Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts up to 30%.
- Government Employees – Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off for Sierra insurance with certain companies.
- Bundle and Save – When you combine your home and auto insurance with the same company you could get a discount of up to 20% off your total premium.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed with a military unit could be rewarded with lower premiums.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may save up to 50% more for Sierra insurance than less cautious drivers.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Keeping the miles down on your GMC could qualify for a substantially lower rate.
- Organization Discounts – Affiliation with a professional or civic organization could trigger savings on your policy for Sierra insurance.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- No Charge for an Accident – Certain companies allow you one accident before raising your premiums if your claims history is clear for a set time period.
It’s important to note that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way.
What is the best insurance coverage?
When buying proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s needs are different.
These are some specific questions might point out if you could use an agent’s help.
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my 2011 GMC Sierra 1500?
- Are my friends covered when driving my 2011 GMC Sierra 1500?
- When should I not file a claim?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Detailed coverages of your car insurance policy
Knowing the specifics of your policy can be of help when determining the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Liability insurance will cover injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show limits of 100/300/100 that translate to a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $100,000.
Liability can pay for claims such as loss of income, attorney fees, medical expenses, court costs and funeral expenses. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your GMC Sierra 1500.
Since many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important.
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like rock chips in glass, hitting a deer and a broken windshield. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Coverage for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for short-term medical expenses for prosthetic devices, surgery, funeral costs and doctor visits. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
This coverage pays for damage to your Sierra 1500 from colliding with another car or object. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as colliding with another moving vehicle, crashing into a building and sideswiping another vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Buy online or local, you save
People switch companies for a number of reasons such as not issuing a premium refund, questionable increases in premium, extreme rates for teen drivers or even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
We covered many ideas to shop for 2011 GMC Sierra 1500 insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from a small local company.
When buying insurance coverage, make sure you don’t skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where someone dropped physical damage coverage to discover at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate.
To read more, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$1,872|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,025|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$79|
|5-yr Claim Free||$76|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$48|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.