How Much Does 2012 Toyota RAV4 EV Insurance Cost?
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 23, 2017
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Consumers have many options when looking for the best price on Toyota RAV4 EV insurance. You can either spend your time driving around to compare prices or utilize the internet to find the lowest rates. There are both good and bad ways to buy insurance so you’re going to learn the absolute fastest way to compare rates for your Toyota and obtain the lowest possible price either online or from local insurance agents.
It is always a good idea to compare prices occasionally since rates are usually higher with each renewal. Even if you got the lowest rates on RAV4 EV coverage two years ago you will most likely find a better rate today. There is a lot of bad information regarding insurance on the web, but by reading this article, you’re going to learn some of the best ways to find cheap insurance.
The quickest method to compare policy rates is to take advantage of the fact most larger insurance companies will pay a fee to compare their rates. All you need to do is provide details such as how much you drive, if you have a valid license, your occupation, and coverage limits. That rating information is instantly submitted to many of the top insurers and you should receive rate quotes very quickly.
How to save on 2012 Toyota RAV4 EV insurance
Companies do not list every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list some of the more common as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Paperwork-free – Some insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks simply for signing over the internet.
- Low Mileage – Driving fewer miles can qualify you for a substantially lower rate.
- Homeowners Discount – Being a homeowner can help you save on insurance because of the fact that having a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed with a military unit could mean lower rates.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Select companies give a discount for switching to them prior to your current policy expiring. The savings is around 10%.
As a disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, you won’t be that lucky.
Car insurance companies that possibly offer these benefits include:
Double check with every prospective company which discounts they offer. Savings may not apply everywhere.
Factors that might impact rates for a Toyota RAV4 EV
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for insurance coverage. Understanding what impacts premium levels empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
Shown below are some of the factors used by your company to calculate prices.
- Never let your coverage lapse – Letting your insurance expire will be a fast way to increase your insurance coverage rates. And not only will your rates increase, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance may earn you a revoked license or a big fine.
- Small claims can cost you – Companies award better rates to drivers who are claim-free. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can look forward to either higher rates or even cancellation. Your insurance policy is designed for larger claims.
- Lower deductibles cost more – The deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. Physical damage insurance, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, covers damage that occurs to your car. Examples of covered claims are running into the backend of another car, collision with an animal, and rolling your vehicle. The more you’re willing to pay, the bigger discount you will receive on RAV4 EV coverage.
- Your job and insurance rates – Did you know your insurance coverage rates can be affected by your occupation? Careers like real estate brokers, business owners and financial analysts are shown to have higher average rates attributed to high stress and long work days. Conversely, jobs such as actors, engineers and homemakers pay the least on RAV4 EV coverage.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to choosing coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For example, these questions can help discover whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my 2012 Toyota RAV4 EV to commute?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Should I buy only the required minimum liability coverage?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- How much liability coverage do I need in my state?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- Is my Toyota RAV4 EV covered if I use it for business?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Save $406 a year? Really?
Consumers can’t ignore all the ads for the lowest price auto insurance from the likes of Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. They all say the same thing about savings if you move your coverage to them.
How do they all make almost identical claims?
Different companies can use profiling for the type of customer that is profitable for them. For instance, a driver they prefer could possibly be over the age of 40, owns a home, and has great credit. A driver who meets those qualifications receives the best rates and most likely will save when switching.
Consumers who fall outside the “perfect” profile will be quoted higher premiums and ends up with the customer not buying. The ads state “people who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much money. That is how companies can truthfully make those claims. This emphasizes why it’s extremely important to compare as many rates as you can. It’s just too difficult to predict which car insurance company will fit your personal profile best.
Insurance coverages and their meanings
Understanding the coverages of your insurance policy aids in choosing which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. Insurance terms can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) – Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like damage from flooding, damage from a tornado or hurricane and theft. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Collision – This coverage pays for damage to your RAV4 EV from colliding with another car or object. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against things such as rolling your car, backing into a parked car, sideswiping another vehicle and colliding with another moving vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers – This protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Toyota RAV4 EV.
Since many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important.
Medical expense insurance – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for immediate expenses for nursing services, ambulance fees and chiropractic care. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Auto liability insurance – Liability insurance can cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show limits of 100/300/100 which means $100,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and property damage coverage for $100,000.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as structural damage, emergency aid, attorney fees, repair costs for stationary objects and legal defense fees. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but you should buy as much as you can afford.
More choices the merrier
Cost effective 2012 Toyota RAV4 EV insurance is available online and also from your neighborhood agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance coverage companies may not provide online price quotes and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
Drivers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, delays in paying claims, delays in responding to claim requests or even high rates after DUI convictions. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new company is not as hard as you think.
In this article, we covered a lot of information how to get a better price on insurance. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the lowest rates come from a smaller regional carrier.
For more information, feel free to visit these articles:
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Columbus Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota RAV4? (ColumbusCoverage.com)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Nissan Altima Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area