Fiat Fiat 500E Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 14, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Having to pay for overpriced insurance coverage can bottom out your bank account, especially in this economy. Doing a rate analysis is recommended to lower your monthly bill.
Big companies like State Farm, Allstate, GEICO and Progressive constantly blast consumers with ad campaigns and consumers find it hard to sift through the bull and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
What determines FIAT 500e insurance prices?
One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of the different types of things that come into play when calculating your policy premiums. When you understand what influences your rates, this enables informed choices that may reward you with lower auto insurance prices. Many factors are used when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, but other factors are less obvious like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is.
- High physical damage deductibles reduce rates – Coverage for physical damage, also called ‘full coverage’, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Examples of covered claims could be a dented fender, damage from fire, or theft. The deductibles are the amount of money the insured will be required to pay if you file a covered claim. The more damage repair cost you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be on 500e insurance.
- Are women or men drivers cheaper? – Over time, data shows that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. The data does not necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. They both have auto accidents at a similar rate, but the males have accidents that have higher claims. Men also tend to receive more major tickets such as reckless driving.
- Employer and insurance rates – Do you work in a high-stress field? Careers such as lawyerspolice officers and dentists have the highest rates attributed to intense work requirements and incredibly demanding work hours. On the other hand, occupations such as actors, historians and retirees have the lowest average rates on 500e insurance.
- Your address can affect costs – Having an address in less populated areas of the country is a positive aspect when insuring your vehicles. Fewer drivers means reduced accidents in addition to fewer liability claims. Drivers who live in large cities regularly have more traffic problems and more severe claims. More time on the road means more chance of being in an accident.
- Traffic violations can increase prices – Being a careful driver impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Having just one citation may cause rates to rise twenty percent or more. Attentive drivers get better rates than bad drivers. Drivers with severe citations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find they need to file a SR-22 with their state’s licensing department in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- Stay claim-free and reduce prices – If you frequently file small claims, you shouldn’t be surprised to get higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Car insurance companies award the lowest premiums to insureds who only file infrequent claims. Insurance coverage is designed for larger claims.
Ways to get insurance quotes
The are a couple different ways of comparing rates from local insurance companies. The easiest way to find cheaper 2016 FIAT 500e rates is to get quotes online. It’s really quite simple and can be done in several different ways.
- Without a doubt, the easiest way to get quotes for comparison is an all-inclusive rate comparison click to view form in new window. This method saves time by eliminating repetitive form submissions for each company you want a rate for. One simple form gets you coverage quotes instantly.
- Another way to find better pricing consists of going to each company’s website and get a separate price quote. For examples sake, we’ll assume you want to see prices from Farmers, Safeco and GEICO. To do that, you would have to visit each site and punch in your information repeatedly, which is why most consumers use the first method. For a list of links to companies insuring cars in your area, click here.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but be certain you are entering equivalent quote data for every company. If you are comparing higher or lower deductibles it will be nearly impossible to truly determine the lowest rate. Just slight variations in insurance coverages can mean a large discrepancy in price. And when comparing insurance rates, know that comparing more quotes will increase your chances of finding a lower rate. Some smaller insurers to not give prices over the internet, so you also need to get price estimates from them as well.
The insurance coverage bait and switch
Respected companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm consistently run television and radio advertisements. They all advertise the message about savings after switching to their company. How does every company save you money? It’s all in the wording.
Companies have specific criteria for the type of driver that will add to their bottom line. For example, a profitable risk profile might be described as between the ages of 30 and 45, has never had a claim, and drives a safe vehicle. A customer getting a price quote who fits that profile will probably get cheap car insurance rates and will probably save when switching.
People who cannot meet the “perfect” profile will get a higher rate which leads to the customer buying from a different company. If you pay close attention to the ads, they say “people who switch” but not “all drivers who get quotes” save the amount stated. This is how companies can truthfully make the claims of big savings.
Because of these techniques, you really need to get auto insurance quotes from several different companies. It’s impossible to know the company that will have the best premium rates for your profile.
Insurance companies offer many types of discounts
Some insurers don’t list all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below gives a summary of both well-publicized and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using when you buy auto insurance online.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Forcing all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt can save a little off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Multi-line Discount – Insurance companies who offer life insurance give a discounted insurance rate on car insurance if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- 55 and Retired – If you’re over the age of 55, you may receive a small discount on rates on 500e insurance.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay much less in comparison to bad drivers.
- Distant College Student Discount – Any of your kids who are attending college and do not take a car to college can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Drivers Ed for Students – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers enroll in driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags may qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles have fewer accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices prevent vehicle theft so companies will give you a small discount.
Policy discounts save money, but many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
Insurance companies that may offer most of the discounts above may include but are not limited to:
- Farm Bureau
- Liberty Mutual
- State Farm
- Auto-Owners Insurance
When getting a coverage quote, ask every prospective company to give you their best rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply in your state. To locate insurance companies with significant discounts, click this link.
Do I just need basic coverages?
When buying coverage, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Every insured’s situation is different so your insurance should reflect that For instance, these questions may help highlight if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- Is my trailer covered?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- When should I not file a claim?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Detailed coverages of your insurance policy
Having a good grasp of insurance can be of help when determining appropriate coverage for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring. Listed below are typical coverage types offered by insurance companies.
Comprehensive protection – This pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as hitting a deer, damage from a tornado or hurricane, damage from flooding, rock chips in glass and hitting a bird. The highest amount your insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Auto liability – This coverage provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have values of 25/50/25 that translate to $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have a combined limit which limits claims to one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage pays for things such as medical services, funeral expenses, court costs and loss of income. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage – This protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your 2016 FIAT 500e.
Due to the fact that many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea. Most of the time these coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Medical expense coverage – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for expenses for rehabilitation expenses, EMT expenses, funeral costs, hospital visits and chiropractic care. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Collision – This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers things such as rolling your car, driving through your garage door, crashing into a ditch, colliding with another moving vehicle and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
Money doesn’t grow on trees
You just learned some good ideas how to get a better price on 2016 FIAT 500e insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the best price on car insurance is with some of the lesser-known companies. Regional companies may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates than their larger competitors like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Some companies may not have online rate quotes and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies. Budget-friendly car insurance can be sourced both online in addition to many insurance agents, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis.
When getting auto insurance quotes online, it’s a bad idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In too many instances, someone dropped collision coverage only to regret that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The goal is to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford, but do not skimp to save money.
Even more information is available in the articles below:
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
Frequently Asked Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area