Cheapest 2018 Nissan Murano Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 30, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for cheaper insurance coverage rates for your Nissan Murano? If you’ve never shopped for auto insurance quotes online, there’s a good chance you are baffled by the vast assortment of insurers that all promise the best rates.
How much is auto insurance?
Comparing auto insurance rates can be a lot of work if you don’t understand the most efficient way to do it. You can spend your afternoon talking about coverages with local insurance agents in your area, or you could save time and use the web to get rate comparisons in just a few minutes.
Most of the best insurance companies participate in an industry program that enables customers to enter their policy data once, and at least one company returns a competitive quote based on that information. This saves time by eliminating quotation requests for each company.
To compare pricing enter your zip code here.
The one downside to using this type of form is you don’t know exactly the insurers to get quotes from. So if you want to choose individual companies to compare rates, we have assembled a list of the cheapest auto insurance companies in your area. Click to enter zip code.
Whichever way you choose to compare rates, try to use identical quote data for each price quote. If you enter higher or lower deductibles you can’t possibly get a fair rate comparison. Quoting even small variations in insurance coverages can result in a big premium difference. And when quoting auto insurance, remember that comparing a wide range of rates provides better odds of finding the best rates.
Save a ton by taking advantage of discounts
Companies that sell car insurance do not list all their discounts very well, so below is a list some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious ways to save on car insurance.
- Good Students Pay Less – A discount for being a good student may save as much as 25% on a auto insurance quote. The discount lasts up to age 25.
- Safe Driver Discount – Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less for Murano coverage than drivers with accidents.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS and/or traction control can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Military Discounts – Having an actively deployed family member could mean lower car insurance rates.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you have multiple policies with one insurance company you could save up to 20% and get you cheap auto insurance.
- Telematics Devices – Insureds that choose to allow data collection to track their driving habits by using a telematic data system such as Progressive’s Snapshot could save a few bucks if they have good driving habits.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up could cut 10% or more on medical payment and PIP coverage.
We need to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Even though the math looks like you could get a free car insurance policy, you aren’t that lucky.
A list of car insurance companies and their offered discounts are included below.
- American Family may include discounts for Steer into Savings, defensive driver, mySafetyValet, early bird, and bundled insurance.
- State Farm offers discounts including safe vehicle, defensive driving training, multiple policy, good student, driver’s education, anti-theft, and Drive Safe & Save.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including air bags, student driver, anti-lock brakes, 55 and older, and homeowners.
- Travelers includes discounts for IntelliDrive, hybrid/electric vehicle, early quote, multi-car, driver training, and payment discounts.
- GEICO may offer discounts for seat belt use, emergency military deployment, driver training, daytime running lights, five-year accident-free, multi-policy, and anti-lock brakes.
When quoting, ask every insurance company which discounts they offer. Some discounts might not be offered in your area. To locate insurers with discount rates, enter your zip code here.
Nissan Murano insurance prices can be lower
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning some of the elements that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you understand what determines base rates, this allows you to make good choices that may result in cheaper rates.
- Better rates on safer vehicles – Vehicles with good safety scores cost less to insure. These vehicles have better occupant injury protection and lower rates of occupant injuries means your insurance company pays less passed on to you as lower rates. If the Nissan Murano has at least four stars on Safercar.gov you may pay a lower rate.
- Save by driving less – Driving a lot of miles in a year’s time the higher your rate. Many insurance companies calculate prices based upon how you use the vehicle. Autos left parked in the garage cost less to insure than those used for commuting. It’s a smart idea to ensure your declarations sheet properly reflects annual mileage. An improperly rated Murano may be costing you.
- Having a spouse reduces risk – Having a significant other can get you a discount compared to being single. Marriage usually means you are more stable financially and it’s proven that married couples file fewer claims.
- Your age impacts your costs – Young drivers have a tendency to get distracted easily behind the wheel so auto insurance rates are higher. Older drivers are more cautious drivers, are lower risk to insure and are safer drivers.
How much insurance do I need?
When buying the right insurance coverage, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Every insured’s situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if your situation might need professional guidance.
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in my state?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete your zip code.
Insurance policy coverages for a 2018 Nissan Murano
Knowing the specifics of insurance helps when choosing which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage – This protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Nissan Murano.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Medical payments and PIP coverage – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for expenses for X-ray expenses, prosthetic devices, hospital visits, rehabilitation expenses and chiropractic care. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Auto liability insurance – This coverage provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 100/300/100 that translate to $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and property damage coverage for $100,000.
Liability coverage pays for things like structural damage, repair costs for stationary objects, bail bonds and court costs. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
Collision coverages – This pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers claims such as hitting a mailbox, colliding with a tree, damaging your car on a curb and scraping a guard rail. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. You can also raise the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive auto coverage – Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like rock chips in glass, hitting a bird, damage from a tornado or hurricane, damage from getting keyed and theft. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
More effort can pay off
Consumers switch companies for a number of reasons such as delays in paying claims, questionable increases in premium, delays in responding to claim requests and even not issuing a premium refund. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching companies is easier than you think.
Cheaper 2018 Nissan Murano insurance is available both online and with local insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who may not provide rate quotes online and many times these small insurance companies prefer to sell through local independent agents.
We just covered a lot of techniques to shop for 2018 Nissan Murano insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the best price on insurance coverage is with an unexpected company.
More learning opportunities
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area