Cheapest 2019 Nissan Murano Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 30, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Wish you could get out of an underperforming, overpriced auto insurance policy? Don’t feel bad because there are lots of residents who feel the same. Due to the abundance of options, it’s difficult to find a lower cost auto insurance company.
First Step: Get free insurance quotes
Reducing your 2019 Nissan Murano insurance rates can be relatively painless. You just have to take a couple of minutes comparing rates to find. Rate comparisons can be done in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- The best way to get quotes is an all-inclusive rate comparison. This quick form saves time by eliminating repetitive form submissions for each company. One form compares rates from multiple low-cost companies.
- A more time consuming way to find more affordable insurance requires you to visit each company’s website to request a price quote. For sake of this example, let’s assume you want to view quotes from State Farm, Farmers and American Family. You would have to navigate to each company’s site and punch in your information repeatedly, and that’s why the first method is more popular.
- The least efficient way to get price estimates is to spend your day driving to insurance agencies in your area. The ability to get quotes online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you require the trained guidance of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. Although, it is possible comparison shop online but purchase the actual policy in an agency.
Compare rates however you want, just ensure you are comparing the exact same information for each comparison quote. If you use mixed coverages then you won’t be able to determine which rate is truly the best.
Take advantage of every insurance coverage discount
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you might be missing out on some discounts to help bring down the price. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of quoting, but some discounts are required to be asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Low Miles Discount – Driving fewer miles could earn lower insurance coveragerates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Student Driver Training – Teen drivers should take driver’s ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Sign Online – Some companies will give you a small discount for signing up on your computer.
- Professional Memberships – Affiliation with a civic or occupational organization could trigger savings on your next insurance coverage statement.
- No Claims – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay less compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Data Collection Discounts – Drivers who agree to allow driving data collection to study driving patterns by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system could possibly reduce rates if they are good drivers.
- Theft Deterent System – Vehicles optioned with advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Accident Forgiveness – This isn’t a discount exactly, but companies like State Farm and Allstate will turn a blind eye to one accident before your rates go up if you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
One thing to note about discounts is that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. If you do the math and it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Larger insurance coverage companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are included below.
- American Family may include discounts for defensive driver, bundled insurance, TimeAway discount, air bags, good student, Steer into Savings, and good driver.
- State Farm may offer discounts for driver’s education, good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, multiple policy, defensive driving training, and accident-free.
- 21st Century offers discounts for 55 and older, early bird, good student, air bags, anti-lock brakes, and automatic seat belts.
- Travelers has discounts for student away at school, hybrid/electric vehicle, new car, IntelliDrive, home ownership, driver training, and multi-car.
- GEICO has savings for anti-lock brakes, air bags, driver training, multi-vehicle, membership and employees, anti-theft, and military active duty.
When quoting, ask each company or agent to apply every possible discount. Some discounts might not apply in your area. To view insurance companies with the best insurance coverage discounts, enter your zip code here.
How to know if you need help
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s needs are different so this has to be addressed. These are some specific questions may help highlight whether or not you may require specific advice.
- What is PIP insurance?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my 2019 Nissan Murano is totaled?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Does my 2019 Nissan Murano need full coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out your zip code. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Specific coverage details
Knowing the specifics of your policy helps when choosing the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Insurance terms can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. These are the normal coverages offered by insurance companies.
Comprehensive protection – Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like theft, hitting a deer, hail damage and hitting a bird. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Liability – Liability insurance protects you from damage that occurs to people or other property by causing an accident. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show policy limits of 50/100/50 which stand for $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Occasionally you may see a combined single limit or CSL which combines the three limits into one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability insurance covers claims such as loss of income, emergency aid and funeral expenses. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford.
Medical expense coverage – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for expenses for rehabilitation expenses, hospital visits, X-ray expenses, EMT expenses and surgery. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers both the driver and occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Uninsured or underinsured coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your 2019 Nissan Murano.
Since many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Frequently the UM/UIM limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Collision coverage – Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your Murano resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as hitting a mailbox, crashing into a building and scraping a guard rail. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. You can also choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Be a Smart Shopper
Low-cost 2019 Nissan Murano insurance is possible both online as well as from independent agents, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies may not provide rate quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies only sell through independent agents.
We just presented a lot of information how to get a better price on 2019 Nissan Murano insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the biggest savings come from a small local company. These companies may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
Additional car insurance information can be read at the links below
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area