2019 Jeep Wrangler Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 9, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2019 Jeep Wrangler are $1,244 a year including full coverage. Comprehensive costs an estimated $256, collision costs $358, and liability costs $450. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $518 a year, with high-risk insurance costing around $2,660. Teenage drivers receive the highest rates at $4,764 a year or more.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,244
Rate estimates for 2019 Jeep Wrangler Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2019 Jeep Wrangler models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a 40-year-old driver, prices range go from as low as $518 for the bare minimum liability coverage to the much higher price of $2,660 for high-risk insurance.
These differences highlight why everyone should compare rates for a targeted area and risk profile, instead of using average rates.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2019 Jeep Wrangler Insurance
Searching for lower car insurance rates for your Jeep Wrangler? When trying to find cheaper insurance, are you overwhelmed by the number of car insurance providers that you can choose from? Many other drivers are too. There are so many providers to choose from that it can really be a ton of work to locate the lowest car insurance rates.
Discount car insurance quotes
Car insurance companies don’t always advertise every discount very well, so the list below gives a summary of both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select car insurance companies reward you with lower car insurancerates if you buy a life policy as well.
- Distant Student – Children who live away from home to go to college without a vehicle on campus can receive lower rates.
- Government Employee Discount – Federal government employees can save as much as 8% for Wrangler coverage with select insurance companies.
- Driver Safety – Taking a safe driver class could earn you a small percentage discount if you qualify.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low annual miles could earn lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Save with a New Car – Buying a new car instead of a used car may earn a small discount compared to insuring an older model.
- Telematics Discount – Drivers who elect to allow their car insurance company to look at driving manner by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could possibly reduce rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Home Ownership Discount – Being a homeowner can save you money because owning a home requires personal responsibility.
Remember that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won’t be that lucky.
A few companies that may offer most of these discounts possibly include:
Double check with each company or agent how you can save money. All car insurance discounts might not be offered on policies in every state. To find providers with significant discounts, enter your zip code here.
Cheap auto insurance rate quotes online
To find cheap insurance coverage quotes, there are several ways to get quotes from lots of auto insurance companies. The best way to comparison shop is to use the internet to compare rates. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in a couple of different ways.
- The recommended way to find low rates is an all-inclusive rate comparison. This easy form keeps you from doing multiple quote forms for every prospective company. One quote request gets rate comparisons instantly. Just one form and you’re done.
- A less efficient way to obtain and compare quotes online is to manually visit each company’s website and request a quote. For examples sake, let’s assume you need rates from Progressive, Farmers and Allstate. To do that, you would have to take the time to go to each site to enter the same coverage data repeatedly, which is why most consumers use the first method.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but ensure you’re using identical information for each comparison quote. If you have unequal deductibles or liability limits it will be nearly impossible to get a fair rate comparison. Having just a slight variation in insurance coverages may result in a large different in cost. And when quoting auto insurance, remember that quoting more helps you find a lower rate. Some companies don’t provide online price quotes, so you need to compare prices from the smaller companies as well.
How you can control Jeep Wrangler insurance costs
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the things that help determine your policy premiums. If you know what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that may result in big savings. Lots of things are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but some are more obscure such as your credit history or your commute time.
The following are some of the things companies use to determine your rate level.
- Traffic violations hurt – Being a careful driver has a big impact on rates. Even one citation may increase your cost forty percent or more. Careful drivers get better prices compared to bad drivers. Drivers unfortunate enough to have flagrant violations like DUI or reckless driving may need to submit a SR-22 form to the state department of motor vehicles in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- Lower rates come with age – Teenage drivers tend to get distracted easily when behind the wheel so car insurance rates are higher. If you’ve ever had to add a inexperienced driver to your car insurance policy can cause a big jump in price. More mature drivers are more cautious drivers, tend to cause fewer accidents .
- Your liability coverage limits – Your policy’s liability coverage kicks in if ever a jury decides you are liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. Your liability coverage provides legal defense coverage which can cost a lot. Liability is cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Do safer cars cost less to insure? – Cars with high safety ratings cost less to insure. Highly rated vehicles reduce injuries and reduced instances of injuries means less claims paid and lower rates for you. If your Jeep Wrangler is rated at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may be receiving lower rates.
- Do you have a tough employer? – Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Careers such as military generals, executives and accountants tend to have higher premium rates attributed to job stress and long work days. On the flip side, careers such as farmers, engineers and the unemployed generally pay rates lower than average for Wrangler coverage.
- Safer cars that lower rates – Purchasing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help stop car theft.
- Infrequent drivers can save – The higher the miles on your Jeep annually the higher your rates will be. A lot of companies calculate prices based on their usage. Cars that do not get driven very much get more affordable rates compared to those used for work or business. Improper usage on your Wrangler may be wasting your money. It’s a good idea to make sure your vehicle rating correctly shows the correct usage for each vehicle, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Does insurance cost more for males? – Over time, data shows females are less aggressive when driving. Now that doesn’t mean females are better drivers. Females and males have fender benders in similar numbers, but the males tend to have higher claims. Men also statistically get higher numbers of serious violations like reckless driving and DUI.
Tailor your insurance coverage coverage to you
When buying adequate coverage, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- What is the minimum liability in my state?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Do I have newly-aquired coverage?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out your zip code.
Ads can be misleading
Insurance providers like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive continually stream television, radio, and online ads. All the companies try to convey promises of big savings if you move your insurance policy to them. How is it possible that every company can charge you less for car insurance? Here is how they do it.
All the different companies quote their cheapest rates for the type of insured that is profitable for them. A good example of a preferred risk might have to be a married female, has a clean driving record, and drives a lower-performance vehicle. A driver who matches that profile may get the lowest car insurance rates and have a good chance to save a lot of money.
Potential insureds who don’t measure up to those criteria will see a higher premium with the end result being the customer not purchasing. The wording the ads use say “customers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much money. That’s the way companies can claim big savings. Because of the profiling, you really need to compare price quotes frequently. You cannot predict with any certainty which company will fit your personal profile best.
Auto insurance coverages explained
Knowing the specifics of auto insurance aids in choosing appropriate coverage for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for bills such as ambulance fees, doctor visits, chiropractic care and EMT expenses. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
This coverage provides protection when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Jeep Wrangler.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
This coverage can cover damage or injury you incur to a person or their property by causing an accident. It protects you from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see limits of 100/300/100 that means you have a limit of $100,000 per injured person, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $100,000.
Liability insurance covers things such as court costs, attorney fees, repair costs for stationary objects and emergency aid. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but consider buying higher limits if possible.
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for claims such as backing into a parked car, hitting a mailbox, colliding with a tree, hitting a parking meter and colliding with another moving vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. Another option is to increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as a broken windshield, theft, vandalism, damage from getting keyed and hitting a deer. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Compare but don’t skimp
Some insurance companies do not provide rates over the internet and usually these smaller companies prefer to sell through local independent agencies. Lower-priced 2019 Jeep Wrangler insurance is definitely available both online as well as from independent agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
People change insurance companies for many reasons like lack of trust in their agent, unfair underwriting practices, high rates after DUI convictions and extreme rates for teen drivers. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new insurance company can be easier than you think.
As you restructure your insurance plan, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice collision coverage only to regret at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
More tips and info about car insurance can be found in the articles below:
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$1,968|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,127|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$81|
|5-yr Claim Free||$77|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$50|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.