Cheapest 2020 Toyota Highlander Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 20, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for lower car insurance rates for your Toyota Highlander? Feel like you’re a prisoner to high-priced car insurance? You’re in good company because there are a lot of people just like you who feel imprisoned by their car insurance policy.
You have so many insurance companies to choose from, and although it’s nice to have a choice, having more car insurance companies makes it harder to compare rates and cut insurance costs.
How to Find Low Cost Insurance
To find low cost car insurance quotes, there are several ways to compare rate quotes from many available insurance companies in your state. The best method to find the cheapest 2020 Toyota Highlander insurance rates consists of shopping online. It is quite easy and can be accomplished using a couple different methods.
One of the fastest ways consumers can make multiple comparisons is to use a rate comparison form. This type of form keeps you from doing multiple quote forms for each price estimate. Just one form gets you price quotes instantly.
Another way to find better pricing requires a trip to the website for each individual company to request a price quote. For examples sake, we’ll assume you are doing a rate comparison from GEICO, Safeco and Liberty Mutual. To do that, you would have to go to each individual site and type in your information over and over, which can take a lot of time.
The old school way to compare rates is making phone calls or going to and from local insurance agencies. The ability to buy insurance online eliminates this option unless your situation requires the professional guidance of a local agent. If you prefer, some companies allow you to find lower rates online and have a local agent actually service the policy.
Take whichever approach you prefer, but be sure to compare the exact same coverages and limits for each comparison quote. If your comparisons have different data you will not be able to make a fair comparison for your Toyota Highlander. Having just a slight variation in insurance coverages can mean a large discrepancy in price. And when quoting insurance, remember that obtaining a wide range of quotes helps you find a lower rate.
Save with These Money-Saving Discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you might already qualify for some discounts that you may not even know about. Certain credits will be shown at the time of quoting, but some need to be specifically requested before you will receive the discount.
- No Claim Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims get the best insurance coverage rates when compared with bad drivers.
- College Student – Children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from home and do not take a car to college may be able to be covered for less.
- Paperless Signup – Some larger companies provide a small discount for completing your application online.
- Own a Home – Owning your own home or condo can save a few bucks because maintaining a house requires personal responsibility.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking time to complete a course teaching defensive driving skills could cut 5% off your bill and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Student Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to complete a driver education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Responsible Driver Discounts – Drivers without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates for Highlander coverage than drivers with accident claims.
- Telematics Data – Insureds that choose to allow their company to look at when and where they use their vehicle through the use of a telematics system like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot could see a rate decrease if they are good drivers.
One last thing about discounts, most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So even though you would think it’s possible to get free car insurance, that’s just not realistic.
Larger insurance coverage companies and a selection of discounts include:
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including good student, multi-vehicle, safe driver, multi-policy, 55 and retired, driver training, and renewal discount.
- MetLife includes discounts for defensive driver, multi-policy, claim-free, good driver, accident-free, and good student.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, good student, online signing, multi-policy, continuous coverage, homeowner, and online quote discount.
- AAA may have discounts that include good student, multi-policy, anti-theft, pay-in-full, multi-car, good driver, and AAA membership discount.
- American Family has discounts for defensive driver, TimeAway discount, accident-free, good student, and mySafetyValet.
- GEICO offers discounts including military active duty, anti-theft, driver training, anti-lock brakes, and daytime running lights.
- State Farm may offer discounts for multiple autos, defensive driving training, safe vehicle, student away at school, and good student.
When getting free car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every insurance company how many discounts you can get. Discounts may not apply in your area. If you would like to view insurance companies who offer cheap insurance coverage quotes, enter your zip code here.
Do I need special coverages?
When choosing coverage, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Every insured’s situation is different so this has to be addressed. For instance, these questions might help in determining whether you will benefit from professional help.
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Are my friends covered when driving my 2020 Toyota Highlander?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- When should I not file a claim?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and enter your zip code.
The Coverage is in The Details
Understanding the coverages of a insurance policy helps when choosing the best coverages for your vehicles. These coverages and the options you select will determine what your 2020 Toyota Highlander insurance cost will be. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Shown next are the normal coverages available from insurance companies.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage – This gives you protection from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Toyota Highlander.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Medical payments coverage and PIP – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for immediate expenses such as X-ray expenses, doctor visits and pain medications. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Comprehensive coverage – This will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as vandalism, hitting a deer, fire damage and theft. The most your insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Auto liability – This will cover damage that occurs to a person or their property that is your fault. It protects YOU against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show values of 100/300/100 that means you have $100,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against claims like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, court costs and pain and suffering. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford.
Collision coverage – Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Highlander from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for claims like sustaining damage from a pot hole, colliding with a tree, driving through your garage door, scraping a guard rail and colliding with another moving vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. You can also bump up the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Find Good Coverage for Less
Cheaper 2020 Toyota Highlander insurance can be sourced both online in addition to many insurance agents, so you need to quote car insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these small insurance companies work with independent agencies.
We just presented quite a bit of information on how to lower your 2020 Toyota Highlander insurance premium rates. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the most savings is with some of the smallest insurance companies. Some small companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates compared to the large companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Additional insurance information can be read on the following sites:
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area