1995 Nissan Sentra Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 30, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 1995 Nissan Sentra are $880 a year including full coverage. Comprehensive insurance costs around $110, collision costs $170, and liability costs $442. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $496 a year, with high-risk insurance costing $1,904 or more. Teenage drivers receive the highest rates at $3,674 a year or more.
Annual premium for full coverage: $880
Rate estimates for 1995 Nissan Sentra Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 1995 Nissan Sentra models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a driver in their 40's, prices range go from as low as $496 for the bare minimum liability coverage to the much higher price of $1,904 for a driver who has had serious violations or accidents.
These differences highlight why everyone should compare rates for a specific zip code and risk profile, instead of using average rates.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 1995 Nissan Sentra Insurance
Have you fallen victim to an overpriced car insurance policy? Believe me when I say there are many consumers feeling the pinch from expensive car insurance.
Lots of insurance companies contend for your insurance dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a insurer to discover the definitive lowest rate
If you have car insurance now, you will most likely be able to reduce your rates substantially using this strategy. Finding affordable coverage is not rocket science. But drivers can benefit by having an understanding of the methods companies use to price online insurance because it can help you find the best coverage.
Comprehensive Auto Insurance Comparison
Performing a rate comparison can be challenging if you don’t understand the most efficient way to do it. You could spend your day driving to insurance companies in your area, or you could use online quotes to get rates in a matter of minutes.
Most of the larger companies participate in an industry program that enables customers to complete one form, and every company can give them a price based on that information. This prevents consumers from doing quotation requests for each company you want a rate for.
To compare pricing click here to open in new window.
The one disadvantage to getting quotes like this is buyers cannot specifically choose the providers to get quotes from. So if you want to select individual companies to receive pricing from, we have assembled a list of companies who write auto insurance in your area. Click here to view list.
It’s up to you which method you use, but make darn sure you compare exactly the same information on every quote. If you are comparing different deductibles then you won’t be able to determine the lowest rate for your Nissan Sentra. Having just a slight variation in coverages can mean a large discrepancy in price. It’s important to know that obtaining a wide range of quotes will improve the odds of getting better pricing.
Policy discounts you shouldn’t miss
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there are discounts available to help bring down the price. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of purchase, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested before you will receive the discount.
- Good Student – This discount can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or retired federal employment can save as much as 8% on Sentra insurance with select insurance companies.
- College Student – Any of your kids living away from home attending college and do not have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- No Charge for an Accident – Certain companies allow you one accident before your rates go up if your claims history is clear for a certain period of time.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- New Vehicle Savings – Adding a new car to your policy can save up to 30% because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same insurance company you may save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems can help prevent theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your bill all at once instead of paying each month you could save up to 5%.
- Memberships – Affiliation with certain professional organizations may earn a discount when buying car insurance on Sentra insurance.
Consumers should know that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates it’s possible to get free car insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way. But all discounts will reduce the cost of coverage.
Insurance companies who might offer some of the above discounts may include but are not limited to:
Before buying, ask each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts may not apply in your state.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Insurance agents can help
When it comes to buying the best auto insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s needs are different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. These are some specific questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
These factors can influence what you pay for Nissan Sentra insurance
It’s important that you understand the rating factors that play a part in calculating the price you pay for insurance coverage. Having a good understanding of what impacts premium levels empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
- Your car’s features help determine rates – Purchasing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can get you a discount on your insurance coverage. Anti-theft features like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all aid in stopping your car from being stolen.
- Marriage pays dividends – Having a spouse can actually save you money on your policy. Marriage is viewed as being more mature and responsible and it’s statistically proven that married couples file fewer claims.
- Bump up deductibles to save – Coverage for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your Nissan from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered could be colliding with a building, damage from fire, and windstorm damage. Deductibles for physical damage are the amount of money you are required to spend if you file a covered claim. The more money the insured has to pay upfront, the less your insurance coverage will be on Sentra insurance.
- High crash test scores lower rates – Safer cars tend to have better insurance rates. Safer cars have better occupant injury protection and lower injury rates means less money paid by your insurance company and more competitive rates for policyholders. If the Nissan Sentra is rated at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may qualify for a discount.
- How your age affects price – Older drivers are more cautious drivers, statistically cause fewer accidents and receive fewer citations. Teen drivers are known to be more careless behind the wheel therefore insurance coverage rates are much higher.
- Males pay more for insurance – Statistics demonstrate that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that women are better drivers. Women and men have accidents at about the same rate, but the males cause more damage. They also get more serious tickets such as reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 tend to get in the most accidents and thus pay the highest rates.
Coverages available on your auto insurance policy
Knowing the specifics of auto insurance helps when choosing appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Below you’ll find typical coverages offered by auto insurance companies.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Nissan Sentra.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is very important. Most of the time these coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Comprehensive coverages – This coverage pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like vandalism, fire damage, damage from getting keyed and falling objects. The highest amount your auto insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Coverage for medical payments – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for bills for prosthetic devices, rehabilitation expenses, pain medications and ambulance fees. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Auto liability insurance – This coverage can cover damage that occurs to other’s property or people by causing an accident. It protects YOU from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see values of 25/50/25 which stand for a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property. Some companies may use a combined limit which provides one coverage limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage pays for things like funeral expenses, structural damage, bail bonds, legal defense fees and court costs. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but buy as large an amount as possible.
Collision coverage – This will pay to fix damage to your Sentra resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers things such as hitting a parking meter, hitting a mailbox, rolling your car and crashing into a building. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. You can also bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
A penny saved is a penny earned
Low-cost 1995 Nissan Sentra insurance is available online as well as from independent agents, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers don’t offer online price quotes and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
As you prepare to switch companies, don’t be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, consumers will sacrifice full coverage and discovered at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
To learn more, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$1,395|
|Los Angeles, CA||$1,503|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$52|
|5-yr Claim Free||$54|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$30|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.