Cheapest 1996 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 19, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for lower auto insurance rates for your Dodge Ram Pickup 2500? Did you fall for a flashy sales pitch and buy high-priced auto insurance? Trust us, you’re not the only one. There is such a variety of auto insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and though it is a good thing to be able to choose, lots of choices makes it harder to find the lowest cost provider.
Finding affordable coverage is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you have a policy now or are looking for a new policy, you can use this information to reduce the price you pay and still get good coverage. Drivers just need to understand the best way to get comparison rates on the web.
Comprehensive Insurance Coverage Comparison
Shopping for lower insurance coverage rates can take hours if you don’t know the most efficient way to do it. You could waste time talking to agents in your area, or you can stay home and use the web to get the quickest rates.
All the larger companies enroll in a system where prospective buyers only type in their quote data once, and each company then returns a price quote based on the submitted data. This prevents consumers from doing quote forms for every insurance coverage company.
To find out how much you can save on insurance coverage click here (opens in new window).
One minor caviat to getting quotes like this is buyers cannot specifically choose the companies you will receive quotes from. If you prefer to choose specific insurance companies to compare rates, we put together a list of companies who write insurance coverage in your area. Click here to view list.
It’s up to you which method you use, but make darn sure you compare exactly the same deductibles and coverage limits with each company. If your comparisons have different values for each quote you can’t possibly make an equal comparison.
Discounts are available to cut your rates
Auto insurance companies do not list every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of both the well known and the harder-to-find auto insurance savings. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Claim Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay less when compared to frequent claim filers.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles prevent accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Drivers Education – Require your teen driver to successfully complete driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Multiple Cars – Buying coverage for all your vehicles with the same company qualifies for this discount.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less on Ram pickup coverage than drivers with accident claims.
Consumers should know that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won’t be that lucky.
Car insurance companies that may have these discounts include:
It’s a good idea to ask all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. Savings might not be offered in your area.
Factors that might impact rates for a Dodge Ram Pickup 2500
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that help determine your car insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels helps enable you to make changes that could result in big savings.
- More miles equals more premium – The more you drive each year the more you will pay for car insurance. The majority of insurers price each vehicle’s coverage based on their usage. Vehicles left parked in the garage get more affordable rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. If your policy improperly rates your Ram Pickup 2500 may be costing you. Make sure your car insurance policy properly reflects the correct driver usage.
- More claims means more premium – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can pretty much guarantee either higher rates or even cancellation. Companies award discounts to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Car insurance is meant to be used in the event of the large, substantial claims.
- Optional equipment can affect rates – Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft devices such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
- How credit affects car insurance rates – A driver’s credit rating is a big factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. People with high credit ratings tend to be more responsible than drivers who have lower credit ratings. If your credit score can use some improvement, you could be paying less to insure your 1996 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 by repairing your credit.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Everyone needs different coverages
When it comes to choosing coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Every insured’s situation is different and your policy should reflect that. For example, these questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- When should I drop full coverage on my 1996 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Does my 1996 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 need full coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Switch companies and save? Really?
Consumers can’t get away from ads that promise big savings from companies such as State Farm and Allstate. They all make the same claim that you can save after switching your policy.
How does each company make almost identical claims?
Insurance companies have a certain “appetite” for the type of customer that is profitable for them. For instance, a profitable customer might be over the age of 40, is a homeowner, and has a high credit rating. Any driver who matches those parameters will get very good rates and therefore will save when they switch companies.
Potential insureds who don’t measure up to this ideal profile must pay higher prices and ends up with business going elsewhere. Company advertisements say “people who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that kind of money. That’s why companies can truthfully state the savings. This illustrates why it’s extremely important to get as many quotes as possible. It’s impossible to know the company that will fit your personal profile best.
Car insurance 101
Knowing the specifics of your auto insurance policy can help you determine the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Shown next are typical coverages offered by auto insurance companies.
Auto collision coverage
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for things like crashing into a building, colliding with a tree, rolling your car and driving through your garage door. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. Another option is to raise the deductible to bring the cost down.
Coverage for medical expenses
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for short-term medical expenses for things like chiropractic care, ambulance fees, prosthetic devices, EMT expenses and rehabilitation expenses. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Comprehensive auto insurance
This covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as damage from flooding, a broken windshield and hitting a deer. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
This coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important.
Liability insurance protects you from injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property. It protects you from claims by other people. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see limits of 50/100/50 which means $50,000 bodily injury coverage, $100,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000.
Liability insurance covers claims such as repair bills for other people’s vehicles, pain and suffering, medical expenses, emergency aid and court costs. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but consider buying as much as you can afford.
Feed the piggy bank
We just showed you a lot of tips how to lower your 1996 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 insurance rates. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. You may be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Some small companies often have lower prices on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The aim is to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford.
Even more information can be read in the articles below:
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Insitute)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Nissan Altima Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area