1999 Dodge Ram Pickup Insurance Rates
Average insurance rates for a 1999 Dodge Ram are $992 a year including full coverage. Comprehensive costs approximately $150 each year, collision insurance costs $162, and liability costs around $500. Buying a liability-only policy costs as low as $560 a year, and high-risk insurance costs around $2,114. Teenage drivers receive the highest rates at up to $4,068 a year.
Annual premium for full coverage: $992
Rate estimates for 1999 Dodge Ram Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 1999 Dodge Ram models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a middle-aged driver, prices range range from as low as $560 for just liability insurance to a high rate of $2,114 for a high risk driver.
These differences highlight why all drivers should compare prices using their specific location and risk profile, instead of making a decision based on average rates.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Companies will appear below. Click here to view full page.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 1999 Dodge Ram Insurance
Want lower insurance rates for your Dodge Ram Pickup 1500? Did you fall for a flashy sales pitch and buy high-priced insurance? Believe me, there are many people just like you.
Having so many companies and agents to choose from, it can be hard to locate the cheapest insurance company.
Finding the best rates is not that difficult. If you are paying for car insurance now, you should be able to reduce your rates substantially using this information. Nevertheless, consumers can benefit by having an understanding of how insurance companies price online insurance and use this information to your advantage.
Vehicle Insurance Comparison
The are a couple different ways to compare rate quotes from local insurance companies. The fastest way to find the lowest 1999 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 rates is to get quotes online. This can be accomplished in a couple of different ways.
Recommended Companies for the Best Insurance Rates
- The recommended way to get quotes would be an industry-wide quote request form (click to open form in new window). This form keeps you from doing repetitive form entry to each individual insurance company. Taking the time to complete one form will get you price quotes direct from many companies.
- Another way to obtain and compare quotes online is to take the time to go to the website for each individual company and fill out their own quote form. For sake of this example, let’s assume you want to compare rates from Progressive, Liberty Mutual and Farmers. To get each rate you have to go to every website and enter your policy data, and that’s why the first method is more popular.
For a list of links to insurance companies in your area, click here.
However you get your quotes, be sure to compare identical coverage limits for each price quote. If you have different deductibles it’s not possible to truly determine the lowest rate. Slightly different coverage limits can make a big difference in price. And when price shopping your coverage, getting more free quotes helps locate better pricing.
Save with discounts on Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 insurance
Auto insurance companies don’t list every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so we researched some of the best known and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using.
- Drivers Education – Require your teen driver to take driver’s ed class in school.
- Federal Government Employee – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can earn a discount up to 10% on Ram pickup coverage with certain companies.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active duty in the military could be rewarded with lower premiums.
- One Accident Forgiven – Some insurance companies permit an accident before your rates go up as long as you don’t have any claims prior to the accident.
- Memberships – Affiliation with a qualifying organization could qualify you for a break on your policy on Ram pickup coverage.
- Claim Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay less when compared with bad drivers.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your policy upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save up to 5%.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can avoid accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Good Student – Getting good grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Early Signing – Some companies give discounts for buying a policy before your current policy expires. This can save 10% or more.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Car insurance companies that possibly offer these discounts include:
Double check with each insurance company how you can save money. Discounts may not apply in every state.
Factors that can influence Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 insurance rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that come into play when calculating the price you pay for insurance coverage. Knowing what determines base rates helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
The list below includes a partial list of the pieces that factor into rates.
- Better crash test results mean better rates – Safer cars are cheaper to insure. These vehicles protect occupants better and better occupant protection means less money paid by your insurance company passed on to you as lower rates. If the Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Careful drivers pay lower rates – A bad driving record impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Drivers who don’t get tickets have lower premiums compared to drivers with tickets. Only having one ticket can bump up the cost forty percent or more. If you have flagrant violations like DUI or reckless driving may find they need to file a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to keep their license.
- Discounts for multiple policies – The majority of insurers give discounts to customers who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, it’s still a good idea to compare other company rates to make sure you are getting the best deal. Consumers may find better rates by buying insurance coverage from a different company.
- Liability insurance protects assets – Liability coverage is the protection when a jury decides you are liable for damages caused by your negligence. It will provide you with a defense in court which can be incredibly expensive. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared with rates for comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Small claims can cost you – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can pretty much guarantee either higher rates or even cancellation. Insurance companies provide discounts to people who do not file claims often. Car insurance is intended for the large, substantial claims.
- Your location affects your rates – Living in less populated areas can save you money when it comes to insurance coverage. Drivers who live in large cities tend to have traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. Fewer people means fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Every situation is different so your insurance should reflect that For example, these questions might help in determining if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- What happens if I owe more than my 1999 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 is worth?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Is my 1999 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 covered for flood damage?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Coverages available on your auto insurance policy
Knowing the specifics of your auto insurance policy can help you determine the right coverages for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Below you’ll find typical coverages found on the average auto insurance policy.
Comprehensive auto coverage
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, hail damage, hitting a deer and hitting a bird. The most your auto insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Collision coverage protection
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for claims like backing into a parked car, damaging your car on a curb and colliding with a tree. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. Another option is to bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for bills such as funeral costs, pain medications, X-ray expenses, dental work and hospital visits. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers both the driver and occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Liability car insurance
This coverage provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have values of 25/50/25 that means you have a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against things such as attorney fees, structural damage, court costs, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and repair costs for stationary objects. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
Coverage on a shoestring budget
When you buy insurance online, it’s a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that it was a big mistake. The aim is to buy enough coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
The cheapest 1999 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 insurance is possible both online in addition to many insurance agents, so compare prices from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies do not provide you the ability to get quotes online and these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Insitute)
Find the Cheapest Quotes in Your Area
Get multiple rate quotes instantly and find your cheapest rate
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$1,563|
|Los Angeles, CA||$1,692|
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$56|
|5-yr Claim Free||$60|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$32|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.