2009 Mitsubishi Eclipse Insurance Quotes
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 5, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for the cheapest insurance rates for your Mitsubishi Eclipse? Are you tired of not being able to afford to pay your car insurance bill each month? You are no different than many other consumers.
Having so many companies to choose from, it’s nearly impossible to find the lowest cost insurer.
It is always a good idea to compare rates quite often since rates change frequently. Just because you had the lowest rates on Eclipse insurance a couple years back you can probably find a lower rate today. So ignore everything you know about insurance because it’s time to teach you the fastest and easiest way to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
Choosing the best insurance company for you is not that difficult. If you have car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to cut costs considerably using these tips. But drivers need to have an understanding of how companies determine prices.
Discounts mean cheaper 2009 Mitsubishi Eclipse insurance rates
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always advertise all their discounts very clearly, so we took the time to find some of the best known and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to use their safety belts could save 15% off your medical payments premium.
- Save with a New Car – Adding a new car to your policy can save up to 30% because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- College Student – Youth drivers who live away from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- E-sign – Some insurance companies will give a small break for buying your policy online.
- Organization Discounts – Participating in a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break on car insurance on Eclipse insurance.
- Good Student – Getting good grades can save 20 to 25%. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Save over 55 – If you’re over the age of 55, you may receive reduced rates on Eclipse insurance.
- Early Switch Discount – A few companies offer discounts for switching policies before your current expiration date. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Multiple Cars – Buying insurance for all your vehicles with the same company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
Keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
To see a list of insurance companies who offer car insurance discounts, click this link.
Mitsubishi Eclipse rates influenced by many factors
Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for insurance. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with lower insurance prices.
Shown below are a partial list of the pieces that factor into rates.
- Drive a safer car and pay less – Safer cars can get you lower premiums. Safer cars have better occupant injury protection and any reduction in injury severity means lower claim amounts and more competitive rates for policyholders. If the Mitsubishi Eclipse scored better than an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Rates may be lower depending on your job – Did you know your insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupations such as doctors, social workers and dentists tend to pay the highest average rates attributed to stressful work requirements and lots of time spent at work. Other occupations such as scientists, historians and homemakers have the lowest average rates on Eclipse insurance.
- Never let your coverage lapse – Having an insurance coverage lapse is a sure-fire way to pay more for insurance. Not only will rates go up, but not being able to provide proof of insurance can result in a revoked license or a big fine.You may have to file a SR-22 with your state motor vehicle department.
- Little extras can really add up – There are a ton of extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your insurance policy. Coverages like rental car reimbursement, accidental death and term life insurance may be wasting your money. These coverages may sound good when talking to your agent, but if they’re wasting money get rid of them and save.
- Keep rates low by being claim-free – If you file claims often, you can pretty much guarantee either higher rates or even cancellation. Companies award lower rates to policyholders who do not file claims often. Car insurance is meant to be used in the event of the large, substantial claims.
- How your age affects price – Older drivers are more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents and get fewer tickets. Young drivers have a tendency to get distracted easily behind the wheel and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher.
- Bad driving skills means higher rates – Even one speeding ticket can increase rates by as much as thirty percent. Good drivers tend to pay less for car insurance compared to drivers with tickets. If you have flagrant violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may find they need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state DMV in order to keep their license.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to choosing the best insurance coverage coverage, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is unique so this has to be addressed. For instance, these questions could help you determine if you might need professional guidance.
- If my 2009 Mitsubishi Eclipse is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- How much liability coverage do I need in my state?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- When should I drop full coverage on my 2009 Mitsubishi Eclipse?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required minimum liability coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Auto insurance 101
Learning about specific coverages of a auto insurance policy can be of help when determining the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Below you’ll find the usual coverages offered by auto insurance companies.
Auto liability insurance
This protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people. It protects YOU against claims from other people. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 25/50/25 that translate to $25,000 bodily injury coverage, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability insurance covers things such as structural damage, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, court costs, loss of income and repair costs for stationary objects. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but consider buying as much as you can afford.
Coverage for collisions
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against things such as sustaining damage from a pot hole, crashing into a building, driving through your garage door and backing into a parked car. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This coverage pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like damage from flooding, theft and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum payout a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This gives you protection when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Mitsubishi Eclipse.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Insurance for medical payments
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for immediate expenses for things like rehabilitation expenses, hospital visits, ambulance fees, doctor visits and X-ray expenses. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Shop smart and save
We just showed you a lot of techniques to save on 2009 Mitsubishi Eclipse insurance. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may discover the lowest premiums are with a small local company. These smaller insurers may only write in your state and offer lower rates than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
Affordable insurance is attainable online and with local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies do not offer online price quotes and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
Much more information about insurance coverage can be found at these links:
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area