2011 Acura RDX Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 23, 2017
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for an 2011 Acura RDX are $1,038 a year with full coverage. Comprehensive costs around $198, collision insurance costs $310, and liability insurance costs around $394. Buying a liability-only policy costs as low as $440 a year, and high-risk insurance costs around $2,238. Teenage drivers receive the highest rates at up to $4,010 a year.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,038
Rate estimates for 2011 Acura RDX Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2011 Acura RDX models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a driver in their 40's, prices range range from as low as $440 for the bare minimum liability coverage to a much higher rate of $2,238 for a driver who has had serious violations or accidents.
These differences demonstrate why anyone shopping for car insurance should compare prices for a specific zip code and risk profile, rather than relying on average rates.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2011 Acura RDX Insurance
Trying to find cheaper insurance for a new or used Acura RDX can normally be an all-consuming task, but you can use our auto insurance buying tips to find lower rates. There is a better way to find auto insurance online and you need to know the quickest way to quote coverages for your Acura and locate the lowest price from local insurance agents and online providers.
It’s a good idea to compare rates before your policy renews since insurance rates change frequently. If you had the best rates on RDX coverage two years ago you may be paying too much now. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the fastest and easiest way to get good coverage at a lower rate.
Buying car insurance is not rocket science. If you have a policy now or are shopping for new coverage, you can use these techniques to get lower rates while maximizing coverage. Drivers just need to understand the most efficient way to shop their coverage around on the web.
Are you getting all your discounts?
Auto insurance companies don’t list every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find both the well known and the harder-to-find insurance coverage savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit you deserve, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Driver’s Ed – Require your teen driver to take driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Save over 55 – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may be able to get reduced rates on RDX coverage.
- Save with a New Car – Adding a new car to your policy is cheaper due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Claim Free – Good drivers with no accidents pay much less when compared with frequent claim filers.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking a course in driver safety could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
- Organization Discounts – Participating in a civic or occupational organization could qualify you for a break when shopping for insurance coverage on RDX coverage.
- Early Signing – A few companies offer discounts for switching policies before your current policy expires. This can save 10% or more.
Drivers should understand that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance coverage companies aren’t that generous.
A partial list of companies that may offer some of the above discounts are:
Double check with all companies you are considering how you can save money. Some discounts may not be available in your area.
How to Buy Insurance Coverage Online
Cutting your insurance coverage rates isn’t really that difficult. Just take a few minutes to compare quotes from different insurance companies. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in a couple of different ways.
- The easiest and least time consuming way consumers can make multiple comparisons would be an industry-wide quote request form click here to open form in new window. This form saves time by eliminating repetitive form submissions to each individual insurance coverage company. A single form gets you coverage quotes from multiple companies. This is by far the quickest method.
- A different way to compare rate quotes requires a trip to the website for each individual company and request a quote. For examples sake, let’s say you want to compare rates from Nationwide, State Farm and Allstate. To find out each rate you need to spend time on each company’s site and enter your information, which is why most consumers use the first method.
To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
- The least efficient way to compare rates is driving to and from local insurance agencies. Buying insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless you have a need for the professional guidance of a local agent. Drivers can price shop online but buy from a local insurance agent. We’ll cover that shortly.
It’s up to you which method you use, but make darn sure you compare the exact same coverage limits and deductibles for every company. If your comparisons have different deductibles it’s impossible to determine the lowest rate for your Acura RDX.
Acura RDX rates are in the details
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that come into play when calculating your car insurance rates. Understanding what impacts premium levels helps enable you to make changes that could result in big savings.
- Don’t let your coverage lapse – Driving without insurance can get your license suspended and as a result your rates will increase for letting your coverage lapse. Not only will rates go up, failure to provide proof of insurance may earn you a license revocation or jail time.You may need to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with your state motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Higher safety ratings means cheaper insurance – Vehicles with good safety scores can get you lower premiums. Safe vehicles protect occupants better and any reduction in injury severity translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Acura RDX earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Where you reside plays a part – Living in a rural area has it’s advantages when talking about car insurance. Drivers in populated areas regularly have congested traffic and longer commutes to work. Fewer people means a lower chance of having an accident as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- Don’t sacrifice liability coverage – Your policy’s liability coverage is the protection in the event that a jury decides you are liable for personal injury or accident damage. It provides legal defense coverage which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability is cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- More claims means more premium – If you tend to file frequent claims, you can look forward to either higher rates or even cancellation. Insurance companies award discounts to drivers who do not file claims often. Car insurance is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
- Extra coverages can waste money – There are a lot of add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you aren’t careful. Coverages like vanishing deductibles, accidental death and term life insurance may be costing you every month. These coverages may sound good initially, but if they’re wasting money get rid of them and save.
- Special features that cut premiums – Owning a car with an alarm system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention devices such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system can help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
- One company can mean more discounts – Most insurance companies will give a discount to customers who consolidate policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount you still need to shop around to verify if the discount is saving money.
When might I need an agent?
When choosing the right insurance coverage, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Each situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- Who is covered when they drive my 2011 Acura RDX?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Car insurance coverages for a 2011 Acura RDX
Having a good grasp of car insurance helps when choosing the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Car insurance terms can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Collision insurance pays for damage to your RDX resulting from colliding with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against things such as colliding with another moving vehicle, hitting a parking meter, damaging your car on a curb, sideswiping another vehicle and scraping a guard rail. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as hail damage, a broken windshield and falling objects. The maximum amount your car insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
This provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property in an accident. It protects YOU against other people’s claims. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see liability limits of 25/50/25 that means you have $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability can pay for things such as medical services, structural damage, emergency aid and pain and suffering. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as much as you can afford.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for injuries to you and your family and damage to your Acura RDX.
Since many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for expenses for ambulance fees, surgery, rehabilitation expenses, X-ray expenses and EMT expenses. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
And the best car insurance company is…
Lower-priced 2011 Acura RDX insurance can be sourced online and with local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies do not offer you the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
When trying to cut insurance costs, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced liability coverage limits only to regret they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Consumers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, not issuing a premium refund, policy non-renewal or delays in responding to claim requests. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new company can be less work than you think.
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$1,638|
|Los Angeles, CA||$1,773|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$70|
|5-yr Claim Free||$66|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$43|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.