Cheapest 2013 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Insurance Rates in 2024
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 5, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Overpriced car insurance can dwindle your family’s budget and maybe even restrict other spending. Comparing rate quotes is free, only takes a few minutes, and is a good way to slash your bill and have more diposable income.
Insurance companies such as GEICO, Progressive and Allstate continually hit you with ads and it is challenging if not impossible to ignore the flying pigs and cute green geckos and take the time to shop coverage around.
It’s a good idea to get comparison quotes at least once a year because rates change quite often. Just because you found the best premium rates for Ram pickup insurance a year ago the chances are good that you can find a lower price today. Don’t believe everything you read about car insurance on the web, but I’m going to show you some of the best ways to save money.
If you currently have car insurance, you will most likely be able to reduce your rates substantially using these techniques. Finding affordable coverage is quite easy. But car owners must understand how companies compete online.
All the larger insurance companies provide prices for coverage on the web. Comparing rates online is easy for anyone as you simply enter as requested by the quote form. Upon sending the form, the company’s rating system automatically retrieves your driving and credit reports and generates a price. This helps simplify price comparisons, but having to visit many different websites and type in the same information gets old quite quickly. But it’s necessary to get many rate quotes if you are searching for the lowest insurance rates.
The preferred way to get multiple rate quotes uses just one form to obtain quotes from several companies at one time. This type of form saves time, helps eliminate reptitive entry, and makes rate comparisons much more enjoyable. Immediately after submitting the form, it is quoted and you can select any or none of the price quotes you receive. If you find a better price you can simply submit the application and purchase coverage. This process takes less than 15 minutes and you’ll know if lower rates are available.
In order to compare rates now, simply enter your zip code here and fill out the form. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you complete the form with the coverage information identical to your current policy. Doing this assures you will have rate comparison quotes based on the exact same insurance coverage.
Drivers who switch save $479 a year? Really?
Companies like State Farm and Allstate regularly use television, radio, and online ads. They all seem to seem to make the promise about saving some big amount if you move your policy. How is it possible that every company can say the same thing?
All companies have specific guidelines for the driver that will generate a profit. For instance, this type of risk profile should be over the age of 35, has never had a claim, and has great credit. A propective insured who matches those parameters may get the lowest prices and as a result will probably save when switching.
People who do not meet those standards will be quoted higher premium rates which results in business going elsewhere. If you pay close attention to the ads, they say “customers that switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” save that much. That is how companies can state the savings. This really illustrates why you absolutely need to get as many free insurance quotes as possible. It is impossible to predict which company will have better premium rates than you’re paying now.
How car insurance companies determine Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 insurance prices
A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing the different types of things that help calculate the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you understand what influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that will entitle you to better auto insurance rates. Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, but other factors are more transparent like where you live or your financial responsibility.
The factors shown below are a partial list of the pieces auto insurance companies consider when setting premiums.
- Higher rates for specific jobs – Do you work in a high-stress field? Jobs like judges, executives and emergency personnel generally have higher rates than the rest of us due to high stress levels and long work days. Conversely, occupations like farmers, engineers and retirees have the lowest average rates for Ram pickup insurance.
- Vehicles with better crash test results save money – Cars with high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Vehicles built for safety help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer injuries translates into savings for insurance companies passed on to you as lower rates.
- High coverage deductibles reduce premiums – Physical damage protection, aka comp and collision, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Examples of covered claims could be running into the backend of another car, damage caused by hail, and windstorm damage. The deductibles you choose tell how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. The more you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be for Ram pickup insurance.
- Save by driving less – Driving more miles every year the more you’ll pay to insure it. The majority of insurers charge to insure your cars partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars not used for work or commuting qualify for better rates than cars that get driven a lot. It’s always a good idea to double check that your policy states the correct driver usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. Improper usage on your Ram Pickup 1500 is throwing money out the window.
Take advantage of these money-saving discounts
Some insurers don’t always publicize their entire list of discounts very well, so we researched both the well known and also the more inconspicuous credits available to bring down your rates.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few insurance companies offer discounts for switching to them before your current expiration date. You could save around 10% when you buy insurance online.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not necessarily a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident without raising rates so long as you haven’t had any claims for a certain period of time.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars with ABS and/or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Life Insurance Discount – Not all auto insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Smart Student Discounts – Excelling in school may save as much as 25% on a insurance quote. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Distant Student – Kids living away from home attending college and don’t have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Homeowners Savings – Simply owning a home can save a few bucks due to the fact that maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying a new car model can save you some money since newer vehicles are generally safer.
- No Claims – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay much less compared to frequent claim filers.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who require all occupants to fasten their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off the medical payments premium.
A quick disclaimer, most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
To locate insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above, enter your zip code here.
Do I need special coverages?
When it comes to buying the best auto insurance coverage, there is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different and your policy should reflect that. Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if your situation may require specific advice.
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in my state?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Is my 2013 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 covered for smoke damage?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- When should I drop full coverage on my 2013 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete your zip code.
Specifics of your car insurance policy
Learning about specific coverages of your policy helps when choosing the right coverages for your vehicles. Car insurance terms can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Below you’ll find typical coverages found on most car insurance policies.
Medical payments and PIP coverage – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for expenses for things like prosthetic devices, hospital visits, ambulance fees and dental work. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not universally available and may carry a deductible
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage – This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Liability insurance – Liability insurance protects you from damage that occurs to people or other property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see limits of 50/100/50 which means a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged propery.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as medical services, repair costs for stationary objects, emergency aid, pain and suffering and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford.
Comprehensive auto coverage – Comprehensive insurance pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like rock chips in glass, vandalism and damage from flooding. The highest amount a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Collision coverage – This pays for damage to your Ram Pickup 1500 from colliding with an object or car. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for claims like sustaining damage from a pot hole, sideswiping another vehicle and damaging your car on a curb. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to raise the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Keep this in mind
You just learned a lot of ways to save on 2013 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 insurance. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting cheap insurance. Consumers could even find that the best premium rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies. These smaller insurers often have lower prices on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
Discount 2013 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 insurance can be purchased from both online companies as well as from independent agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies don’t offer online rate quotes and usually these regional carriers only sell through local independent agencies.
When shopping online for insurance, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many instances, someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The goal is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
Frequently Asked Questions
What factors determine the cost of insurance for a 2013 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500?
The cost of insurance for a 2013 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 is determined by various factors, including the driver’s age, location, driving history, coverage options chosen, deductible amount, and the insurance provider’s policies.
Does the location where I live impact the cost of insuring a 2013 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500?
Yes, the location where you live can have an impact on the cost of insuring a 2013 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500. Factors such as crime rates, population density, and accident statistics in your area can influence insurance premiums.
Can maintaining a good driving record help lower the insurance rates for a 2013 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500?
Yes, maintaining a good driving record can help lower insurance rates for a 2013 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500. Insurance providers typically offer lower rates to drivers with a clean record, as they are considered lower risk.
Are there any coverage options I can consider to lower the insurance costs for my 2013 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500?
Yes, you can consider adjusting your coverage options to lower insurance costs for your 2013 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500. For example, you might choose to increase your deductible or opt for liability-only coverage if your vehicle is older and has a lower market value.
Is it beneficial to bundle my 2013 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 insurance with other policies?
Bundling your 2013 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 insurance with other policies, such as home or other vehicle insurance, can often result in discounts offered by insurance providers. Bundling can potentially reduce overall insurance costs.
How often should I compare insurance quotes for my 2013 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500?
It is a good practice to compare insurance quotes for your 2013 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 periodically, typically at least once a year or when major life changes occur. This allows you to ensure you’re getting the best possible rate and coverage for your
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2024
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2024
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area