View 2014 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Insurance Quotes
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 24, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Finding lower priced insurance coverage may be difficult for vehicle owners that are not comfortable with quoting and comparing rates over the internet. With such a large number of agents and insurers available, how are vehicle owners expected to effectively compare every possible option in order to find the cheapest rates?
If you currently have car insurance, you stand a good chance to be able to save some money using this information. Buying cheaper car insurance is easy if you know what you’re doing. Nevertheless, vehicle owners must know the methods companies use to sell insurance online because it can help you find the best coverage.
Informed drivers can cut their insurance premiums
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance coverage is to to have a grasp of a few of the rating criteria that play a part in calculating insurance coverage rates. When consumers understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that could result in lower rates.
- Don’t skimp on liability coverage – Liability insurance provides coverage if you are found liable for an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense coverage to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Where you call home – Having an address in small towns and rural areas may provide you with better prices when it comes to insurance coverage. Drivers who live in large cities regularly have more road rage incidents and more severe claims. Fewer drivers on the road means less chance of accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
- Lower insurance coverage rates with theft deterrents – Buying a car with advanced anti-theft systems can save you a little every year. Anti-theft features like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system can help prevent auto theft.
- Is you job costing you more? – Careers like military personnel, business owners and medical professionals have the highest rates because of stressful work requirements and long work days. Other jobs such as professors, athletes and retirees get better rates for Ram pickup insurance.
Use discounts to get cheaper car insurance rates
Car insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but there could be significant discounts that can help lower your rates. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you purchase, but some discounts are required to be manually applied in order for you to get them.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers who agree to allow their company to study vehicle usage by using a telematics device like Allstate’s Drivewise might get better premium rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Renewal Discounts – A few insurance companies offer discounts for switching companies before your current expiration date. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning a house can save you money because owning a home shows financial diligence.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts may get savings of 20% or more.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you better car insurancerates if you take out a life insurance policy as well.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your entire bill at once rather than spreading payments over time you could save up to 5%.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Good Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% for Ram pickup insurance than drivers with accident claims.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up before driving can save 10% or more on medical payment and PIP coverage.
Remember that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. If you do the math and it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky.
The best car insurance companies and a selection of discounts are included below.
- State Farm may offer discounts for good driver, anti-theft, accident-free, safe vehicle, driver’s education, good student, and passive restraint.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for alternative fuel, good student, distant student, switch companies, mature driver, and homeowner.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for driver training, anti-lock brakes, federal employee, membership and employees, anti-theft, and military active duty.
- American Family may have discounts that include good driver, defensive driver, bundled insurance, good student, accident-free, air bags, and Steer into Savings.
- Nationwide includes discounts for anti-theft, business or organization, multi-policy, Farm Bureau membership, and accident-free.
- Progressive discounts include homeowner, online signing, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, multi-policy, good student, and continuous coverage.
If you want the cheapest insurance coverage quotes, ask all companies you are considering the best way to save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply in your area.
Tailor your auto insurance coverage to you
When choosing proper insurance coverage, there is no best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s needs are different.
For instance, these questions might point out whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my 2014 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out your zip code.
Information about specific coverages
Understanding the coverages of insurance aids in choosing the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like hitting a bird, falling objects, fire damage, hail damage and damage from getting keyed. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
This coverage can cover injuries or damage you cause to other people or property. It protects you from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see limits of 100/300/100 which means $100,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property. Another option is a combined limit which provides one coverage limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage pays for claims like legal defense fees, repair costs for stationary objects, funeral expenses and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as much as you can afford.
Insurance for medical payments
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for expenses like nursing services, doctor visits, rehabilitation expenses and X-ray expenses. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
This pays for damage to your Ram Pickup 1500 caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against claims like crashing into a building, damaging your car on a curb, colliding with another moving vehicle and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. You can also bump up the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Dodge Ram Pickup 1500.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Normally these limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Shop smart and save
Insureds who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including policy cancellation, not issuing a premium refund, high prices and even extreme rates for teen drivers. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching insurance coverage companies is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
More affordable insurance coverage is possible from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies do not provide online price quotes and usually these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent agents.
You just read some good ideas how to compare 2014 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 insurance car insurance rates online. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting cheaper insurance coverage. You may even discover the biggest savings come from some of the lesser-known companies.
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Nissan Altima Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area