2014 Dodge Challenger Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 23, 2017
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2014 Dodge Challenger are $1,510 a year with full coverage. Comprehensive costs approximately $300, collision insurance costs $516, and liability costs around $514. Buying a liability-only policy costs as low as $572 a year, and high-risk insurance costs around $3,272. Teenage drivers receive the highest rates at up to $5,752 a year.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,510
Rate estimates for 2014 Dodge Challenger Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2014 Dodge Challenger models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a driver in their 40's, prices range range from as low as $572 for a discount liability-only rate to a much higher rate of $3,272 for a driver who has had serious violations or accidents.
These differences demonstrate why anyone shopping for car insurance should compare prices using their specific location and risk profile, instead of making a decision based on average rates.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2014 Dodge Challenger Insurance
Are you intimidated by the crazy number of car insurance options? You have a lot of company. Consumers have so many companies to choose from that it can be a real hassle to find the perfect company for you.
It’s a great practice to shop coverage around occasionally because prices tend to go up over time. Despite the fact that you may have had the best price on Challenger insurance a year ago other companies may now be cheaper. You’ll find quite a bit of inaccurate information about car insurance online, so we’re going to give you some proven techniques to slash your car insurance rates.
If you have car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to cut costs considerably using these methods. This article will help educate you on how car insurance quotes work and some tricks to saving. But car owners can benefit from knowing the way insurance companies sell online and take advantage of how the system works.
How to reduce 2014 Dodge Challenger insurance rates
Companies don’t always advertise all their discounts very clearly, so we took the time to find both well-publicized and the more hidden insurance coverage savings.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more on Challenger insurance than drivers with accidents.
- E-sign – A few companies will give a small break just for signing your application on their website.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Insuring multiple cars or trucks on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Discount for Good Grades – This discount can save 20 to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
It’s important to note that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So when the math indicates it’s possible to get free car insurance, insurance coverage companies aren’t that generous.
To see a list of insurers who offer insurance coverage discounts, click this link.
The most recommended method to compare rate quotes is to know the fact most insurance companies pay for the opportunity to give rate comparisons. The one thing you need to do is provide details like an estimate of your credit level, your occupation, whether you are single or married, and driver details. Your rating data is sent automatically to multiple different insurance companies and they provide comparison quotes very quickly.
Some factors that can determine what Dodge Challenger insurance costs
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that help determine your car insurance rates. Knowing what controls the rates you pay allows you to make educated decisions that could result in better car insurance rates.
The following are some of the factors companies use to determine premiums.
- Car features impact rates – Owning a car with an alarm system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Theft prevention features like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can help prevent car theft.
- Mature drivers pay less – Teenage drivers tend to be careless and easily distracted behind the wheel so they pay higher car insurance rates. Parents adding a teenage driver to your car insurance policy can break the bank. Older drivers are more cautious drivers, tend to file fewer claims and are safer drivers.
- Men are more aggressive – Statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean women are better drivers. Women and men are in accidents at about the same rate, but the males tend to have more serious accidents. They also have more aggressive citations like DUI and reckless driving.
- Your location is important – Being located in small towns and rural areas has it’s advantages when insuring your vehicles. Urban drivers tend to have congested traffic and longer commutes to work. Less people living in that area translates into fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- Allowing your policy to lapse raises rates – Not having insurance is against the law and as a result your rates will increase for letting your insurance lapse. Not only will rates go up, but not being able to provide proof of insurance may earn you a license revocation or jail time.You may then be required to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with your state motor vehicle department.
- Lower deductibles cost more – Physical damage insurance, also known as collision and other-than-collision, protects your Dodge from damage. A few examples of covered claims are a windshield shattered by a rock, damage caused by hail, and windstorm damage. The deductibles are the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. The more money you have to pay, the lower your rates will be on Challenger insurance.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to buying the best car insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
These are some specific questions can help discover if you may require specific advice.
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- What happens if I owe more than my 2014 Dodge Challenger is worth?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Beware of misleading car insurance ads
Companies like State Farm and Allstate consistently run ads on TV and radio. All the ads have a common claim that you’ll save big if you change to them. How do they all say the same thing?
All the different companies are able to cherry pick for the driver that earns them a profit. For instance, a preferred risk could possibly be between the ages of 40 and 55, has no prior claims, and has a short commute. A driver who matches those parameters receives the best rates and therefore will save a lot of money.
Potential customers who fall outside these standards must pay higher rates which usually ends up with business going elsewhere. Company advertisements say “drivers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save money. This is how companies can make those claims. This illustrates why you absolutely need to get a wide range of price quotes. It’s just too difficult to predict which company will provide you with the cheapest Dodge Challenger insurance rates.
Insurance coverages and their meanings
Having a good grasp of a insurance policy aids in choosing which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Comprehensive insurance – This pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as falling objects, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, a broken windshield and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers – This provides protection from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Dodge Challenger.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Coverage for medical expenses – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for expenses like prosthetic devices, funeral costs, rehabilitation expenses, nursing services and dental work. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover you and your occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Collision coverage – This pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for things such as sustaining damage from a pot hole, backing into a parked car, damaging your car on a curb, scraping a guard rail and colliding with a tree. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. Another option is to choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Liability – This coverage protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you from claims by other people. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see values of 100/300/100 that means you have a limit of $100,000 per injured person, $300,000 for the entire accident, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for things such as pain and suffering, attorney fees and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but buy as large an amount as possible.
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
When you buy insurance online, never reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many situations where an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your focus should be to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
People change insurance companies for many reasons like high prices, policy cancellation, being labeled a high risk driver and questionable increases in premium. Regardless of your reason, finding the right car insurance provider is actually quite simple.
Affordable 2014 Dodge Challenger insurance can be found from both online companies and also from your neighborhood agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies may not provide online price quotes and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
More detailed car insurance information can be read at these sites:
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$2,388|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,583|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$107|
|5-yr Claim Free||$97|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$66|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.