Cheapest 1999 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Buyers have a choice when searching for low-cost Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 insurance. They can either waste time driving around to compare prices or use the internet to make rate comparisons. There is a right way and a wrong way to find auto insurance online so we’re going to tell you the absolute fastest way to quote coverages for a new or used Dodge and find the best price possible.
You should make it a habit to price shop coverage on a regular basis because prices change frequently. Despite the fact that you may have had the best price on Ram pickup coverage last year there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to how to use online quotes to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money.
If you have insurance now or are shopping for new coverage, you will benefit by learning to reduce the price you pay while maintaining coverages. This information will familiarize you with how to effectively get price quotes. Drivers just need to learn the proper way to buy insurance online.
Your Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 insurance rate is a complex equation
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that come into play when calculating your insurance coverage rates. Having a good understanding of what influences your rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with big savings.
The list below includes a partial list of the pieces used by your company to calculate rates.
- Safer cars are cheaper to insure – Cars with high safety ratings get lower rates. These vehicles have better occupant injury protection and lower injury rates translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and thus lower rates. If your Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it may be receiving lower rates.
- Marriage brings a discount – Being married can get you a discount on insurance coverage. Having a spouse translates into being more mature than a single person it has been statistically shown that married couples file fewer claims.
- Your insurance coverage rates can be influenced by your job – Jobs such as judges, executives and accountants tend to pay higher rates than average because of high stress and long work days. On the flip side, jobs such as pilots, athletes and retirees have the lowest average rates on Ram pickup coverage.
- Add-on coverages can add up – There are a lot of extra bells and whistles that can waste your money on your Ram Pickup 3500 policy. Coverages for rental car reimbursement, accident forgiveness and term life insurance may be wasting your money. These may sound like a good investment when you first buy your policy, but if they’re wasting money eliminate them to save money.
- Never allow your policy to lapse – Having an insurance coverage lapse will be a guaranteed way to trigger a rate increase. Not only will you pay more, failure to provide proof of insurance may earn you a license revocation or jail time.You may then be required to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with your state motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Tickets mean higher rates – Your driving record impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Drivers who don’t get tickets receive lower rates than their less careful counterparts. Even one ticket can bump up the cost by twenty percent. Drivers who get dangerous violations such as DUI or reckless driving may be required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent a license revocation.
- How credit affects insurance coverage rates – Your credit score is a huge factor in your rate calculation. Therefore, if your credit rating is lower than you’d like, you could save money insuring your 1999 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 by spending a little time repairing your credit. Drivers with high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with poor credit.
Free Quotes for Insurance Coverage
Finding a lower price on 1999 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 insurance is not a difficult process. The only requirement is to spend a few minutes on the computer comparing rate quotes provided by online insurance companies. This can be accomplished using a couple different methods.
- The best way to find the lowest comparison rates would be an industry-wide quote request form click to view form in new window. This method keeps you from doing a different quote for each company. Taking the time to complete one form will return price quotes from multiple low-cost companies. Recommended for those who want to invest the least amount of time.
- A different way to compare prices is to take the time to go to the website for every company you want to comare and complete a new quote form. For example, let’s assume you want to compare Nationwide, Progressive and Allstate. You would have to visit each site and enter your policy data, which is why the first method is quicker.
For a list of links to insurance companies in your area, click here.
- The least recommended method to compare rates is to spend time driving to and from local insurance agencies. The ability to buy insurance online makes this process obsolete unless you have a need for the personal advice that only a license agent can provide. Drivers can get the lowest quotes online but still have the advice of a local agent and you’ll learn how to do that later.
However you get your quotes, double check that you are using apples-to-apples coverages and limits for every quote you compare. If you are comparing different limits and deductibles on each one it will be impossible to decipher which rate is best.
Buyer beware of insurance advertising tricks
Consumers can’t ignore all the ads that promise big savings by companies like State Farm and Allstate. All the ads have a common claim that you can save if you switch to them.
But how can every company make the same claim? This is how they do it.
All the different companies are able to cherry pick for the type of driver they prefer to insure. A good example of a profitable customer might be over the age of 40, has no driving citations, and has a short commute. A propective insured who fits that profile is entitled to the best price and therefore will save when they switch companies.
Consumers who don’t measure up to the requirements will have to pay a more expensive rate and this can result in business going elsewhere. The ad wording is “drivers who switch” not “people who quote” save that much money. That is how insurance companies can make those claims. Because of the profiling, you should quote coverage with many companies. It’s not possible to predict which insurance company will provide you with the cheapest Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 insurance rates.
Discounts to lower Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 insurance rates
Companies offering auto insurance don’t list all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we researched some of the best known and the more hidden insurance savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Require your teen driver to take driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Sign Online – Some insurance companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy online.
- Early Switch Discount – Some companies give discounts for switching policies prior to your current policy expiration. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Safe Drivers – Safe drivers may save up to 50% more on Ram pickup coverage than their less cautious counterparts.
- Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment can earn a discount up to 10% on Ram pickup coverage with certain companies.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won’t be that lucky.
To see a list of insurance companies offering insurance discounts, click here.
Tailor your coverage to you
When choosing the best insurance coverage coverage, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Every insured’s situation is different.
For instance, these questions may help you determine whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- What if I total my 1999 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 and owe more than it’s worth?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Who is covered when they drive my 1999 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in my state?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Auto insurance specifics
Knowing the specifics of your auto insurance policy can be of help when determining the right coverages for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Liability coverage can cover injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see policy limits of 25/50/25 that translate to a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability can pay for claims such as emergency aid, legal defense fees, pain and suffering, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and bail bonds. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
Coverage for collisions
Collision insurance covers damage to your Ram Pickup 3500 from colliding with an object or car. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for claims such as backing into a parked car, colliding with a tree, sideswiping another vehicle and hitting a mailbox. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. It’s also possible to increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
This will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as vandalism, falling objects, hail damage, theft and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The maximum payout a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Medical costs insurance
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for expenses for hospital visits, doctor visits and nursing services. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
This coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Dodge Ram Pickup 3500.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Quote often and quote early
You just learned a lot of information how to compare 1999 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. Drivers may discover the lowest priced insurance coverage comes from an unexpected company.
The cheapest insurance can be found from both online companies and also from your neighborhood agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection. A few companies may not provide you the ability to get quotes online and these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
When you buy insurance online, it’s very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many cases, someone dropped full coverage only to find out that it was a big error on their part. The aim is to buy enough coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
For more information, link through to the articles below:
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Who Has Affordable Kansas City Car Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Ram? (KCAutoGuard.com)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area