Cheapest 2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 24, 2017
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Are you overwhelmed by the crazy number of auto insurance options? Many other drivers are as well. Consumers have so many options available that it can turn into a challenge to find the best price.
You should take the time to get comparison quotes at least once a year since insurance rates are variable and change quite frequently. Even if you think you had the best rates for Ram pickup insurance a year ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Starting right now, forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in the only way to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
Buying car insurance is not that difficult. Basically, everyone who is required by state law to have auto insurance will be able to cut their insurance bill. But vehicle owners benefit from understanding how insurance companies price insurance differently because it can help you find the best coverage.
Elements that influence Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 insurance rates
It’s important that you understand some of the elements that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for insurance coverage. Having a good understanding of what impacts premium levels empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with better insurance coverage rates.
- More than one policy can earn a discount – Many insurers will give a discount to policyholders who carry more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be five, ten or even twenty percent. If you currently are using one company, it’s in your best interest to comparison shop to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. You may still find better rates by buying insurance coverage from a different company.
- Discounts for married couples – Having a spouse can get you a discount on your insurance coverage policy. Marriage translates into being more mature and responsible and it’s statistically proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Men fork out a little more – Statistics demonstrate women tend to be less risk to insure than men. Now that doesn’t mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Women and men tend to get into accidents at a similar rate, but the males tend to have more serious accidents. They also get cited for more serious violations like DUI and reckless driving.
- Careful drivers pay lower rates – Even one citation can increase rates by twenty percent. Good drivers tend to pay less for car insurance than bad drivers. If you have serious violations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may find they need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state DMV in order to continue driving.
- Where you live – Residing in small towns and rural areas has it’s advantages when buying insurance coverage. Drivers who live in large cities tend to have congested traffic and longer commutes to work. Fewer drivers means a lower chance of having an accident as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- How your age affects price – More mature drivers tend to be more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents and tend to be better behind the wheel. Youthful drivers have a tendency to be more careless when driving therefore insurance coverage rates are much higher.
Low Cost Car Insurance
Most major insurance companies give pricing on their websites. This process doesn’t take much effort as you simply enter your personal and coverage information as requested by the quote form. After you submit the form the system will obtain credit information and your driving record and quotes a price determined by many factors.
This makes comparing rates easy, but having to visit each company’s website and repetitively type in the same information is monotonous and tiresome. Unfortunately, it is important to do this in order to find the lowest car insurance rates.
Quote rates the easy way
The preferred way to compare rates uses one form that gets prices from several different companies. This type of form saves time, helps eliminate reptitive entry, and makes price shopping online a little more enjoyable. As soon as the form is sent, it is rated and you can select any of the resulting price quotes. If a lower price is quoted, you can click and sign and buy the new coverage. It just takes a couple of minutes and you will find out if you’re overpaying now.
To find out if lower rates are available, click here to open in a new tab and submit your coverage information. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you type in deductibles and limits as shown on your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will have rate comparison quotes based on similar coverages.
Don’t miss out on these money-saving discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always advertise all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find some of the more common as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less for Ram pickup insurance than drivers with accidents.
- Homeowners Discount – Owning a house can save you money because of the fact that having a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Drivers Education – Require your teen driver to successfully complete driver’s ed class in school.
- Defensive Driver – Taking a course teaching defensive driving skills can save you 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Memberships – Being a member of a qualifying organization may earn a discount when buying insurance for Ram pickup insurance.
- Discount for Good Grades – Performing well in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts until age 25.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings of 20% or more.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying coverage for multiple cars or trucks on the same insurance policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Claim Free – Claim-free drivers can earn big discounts when compared to frequent claim filers.
- Employee of Federal Government – Simply working for the federal government can earn a discount up to 10% for Ram pickup insurance with certain companies.
A little note about advertised discounts, some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Companies that possibly offer these money-saving discounts may include but are not limited to:
Double check with each insurance company how you can save money. All car insurance discounts may not apply in every state.
Do I need special coverages?
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Each situation is unique.
These are some specific questions may help you determine if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my 2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Auto insurance coverage information
Understanding the coverages of insurance helps when choosing appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
This pays for damage to your Ram Pickup 3500 resulting from colliding with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as hitting a parking meter, crashing into a building, backing into a parked car and scraping a guard rail. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
This coverage covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like damage from getting keyed, falling objects and hitting a bird. The highest amount your insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your 2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for short-term medical expenses such as X-ray expenses, doctor visits and surgery. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers both the driver and occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
This provides protection from damage that occurs to other’s property or people in an accident. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show liability limits of 25/50/25 that translate to a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage pays for things like medical expenses, structural damage, repair costs for stationary objects and bail bonds. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
More effort can pay off
Insureds leave their current company for a number of reasons such as denial of a claim, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, questionable increases in premium or high prices. Whatever your reason, finding the right insurance provider can be less work than you think.
Discount 2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 insurance is available online in addition to many insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies do not provide online price quotes and these smaller companies work with independent agents.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area