2005 Volkswagen Jetta Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 3, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2005 Volkswagen Jetta are $972 a year including full coverage. Comprehensive costs on average $154, collision insurance costs $192, and liability coverage costs around $468. Buying a liability-only policy costs as low as $518 a year, and high-risk insurance costs around $2,092. Teenage drivers receive the highest rates at up to $3,952 a year.
Annual premium for full coverage: $972
Rate estimates for 2005 Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2005 Volkswagen Jetta models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a driver in their 40's, prices range range from as low as $518 for a discount liability-only rate to a much higher rate of $2,092 for a driver who has had serious violations or accidents.
These differences highlight why anyone shopping for car insurance should compare prices based on a specific location and risk profile, rather than using average rates.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2005 Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
Want lower auto insurance rates for your Volkswagen Jetta? Trying to find low-cost insurance for a Volkswagen Jetta could be an all-consuming task, but you can learn our auto insurance buying tips to save time.
There are more efficient ways to compare auto insurance rates and you need to know the best way to compare rates for your Volkswagen and obtain the lowest price from both online companies and local agents.
Smart consumers take time to compare prices quite often due to the fact that insurance rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Even if you think you had the lowest price on Jetta insurance two years ago a different company probably has better rates today. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because you’re about to find out how to use online quotes to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
Best discounts on Volkswagen Jetta coverage
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you may find discounts to cut the cost considerably. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you complete an application, but less common discounts must be specially asked for before you will receive the discount. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Companies who offer life insurance give a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Good Student Discount – Performing well in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
- No Charge for an Accident – Certain companies allow you one accident before your rates go up as long as you don’t have any claims for a certain period of time.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with one insurance company you could get a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all occupants to use a seat belt can save up to 15% off your medical payments premium.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates all those discounts means the company will pay you, you’re out of luck. But all discounts will reduce the amount you have to pay.
How to Compare Car Insurance Costs
Effectively comparing car insurance prices is a ton of work if you don’t know the most efficient way to do it. You can waste a few hours (or days) driving to insurance agencies in your area, or you can stay home and use the internet to accomplish the same thing much quicker.
Many of the larger companies participate in a marketplace where prospective buyers send in one quote, and at least one company returns a rated price. This prevents consumers from doing quotation requests for every car insurance company.
To compare 2005 Volkswagen Jetta rates using this form now click here (opens in new window).
Whichever way you use, make darn sure you compare identical coverages for each price quote. If you are comparing mixed coverages you can’t possibly determine the lowest rate for your Volkswagen Jetta.
Your Volkswagen Jetta insurance rate is a complex equation
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that help determine the rates you pay for auto insurance. Having a good understanding of what impacts premium levels helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to big savings.
- Do you have enough liability coverage? – Liability insurance will protect you when a court rules you are at fault for personal injury or accident damage. Liability insurance provides legal defense coverage starting from day one. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- What are your deductibles? – The deductibles define the amount you are required to spend before a claim is paid by your company. Insurance for physical damage to your car, also known as collision and other-than-collision, insures against damage to your car. Examples of covered claims would be running into the backend of another car, damage caused by hail, or theft. The more expense you’re willing to pay, the lower your rates will be on Jetta insurance.
- Sex matters – Statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, this does not mean women are better drivers. Men and women are in accidents at a similar rate, but the men have costlier accidents. Men also statistically have more aggressive citations like reckless driving and DUI. Teenage male drivers are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- Mature drivers pay less – Mature drivers are more cautious drivers, tend to file fewer claims and receive fewer citations. Teen drivers have a tendency to get distracted easily in a vehicle therefore auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Safe vehicles cost less to insure – Cars with high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. These vehicles have better occupant injury protection and better occupant protection translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Volkswagen Jetta earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Tickets mean higher rates – Whether or not you get tickets has a huge affect on how much you pay. Good drivers get better rates compared to drivers with tickets. Only having one moving violation can increase rates forty percent or more. Drivers with flagrant tickets like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions are required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
- Where you live is a factor – Living in less populated areas can save you money when talking about auto insurance. Lower population means fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate. Urban drivers have traffic congestion and a longer drive to work. More time commuting can result in more accidents.
- Your car’s features help determine rates – Owning a car with an alarm system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
Tailor your coverage to you
When buying adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For example, these questions can aid in determining whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Who is covered when they drive my 2005 Volkswagen Jetta?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Don’t be fooled by advertising claims
Consumers can’t ignore all the ads for the lowest price auto insurance from the likes of Progressive, Allstate and GEICO. All the ads have a common claim of big savings if you change your coverage to them.
But how can every company make the same claim?
All the different companies can use profiling for the driver that earns them a profit. An example of a preferred risk could be between 30 and 50, is a homeowner, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. Any driver who meets those qualifications will get very good rates and most likely will pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Potential insureds who fall outside the requirements will be quoted more money and this can result in the customer not buying. Company advertisements say “drivers who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that kind of money. That’s why companies can truthfully make the claims of big savings.
This emphasizes why you should compare many company’s rates. It’s just too difficult to predict the company that will provide you with the cheapest Volkswagen Jetta insurance rates.
Specific coverages for a Volkswagen Jetta
Understanding the coverages of your policy can help you determine appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Coverage for medical expenses – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for short-term medical expenses for things like dental work, EMT expenses, doctor visits and funeral costs. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Collision – This pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for things such as sustaining damage from a pot hole, damaging your car on a curb, hitting a parking meter and crashing into a ditch. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive car insurance – This covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as damage from getting keyed, falling objects and a broken windshield. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Volkswagen Jetta.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Usually these coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Auto liability insurance – Liability insurance provides protection from damage that occurs to other people or property. It protects YOU against claims from other people, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show limits of 100/300/100 which means $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $100,000. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL which provides one coverage limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage protects against things like medical expenses, pain and suffering and loss of income. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Saving money is sweet as honey
Insureds change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, being labeled a high risk driver, policy non-renewal or delays in responding to claim requests. Whatever your reason, finding a great new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
We’ve covered a lot of tips how to get a better price on 2005 Volkswagen Jetta insurance. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the lowest premiums are with a small mutual company.
When buying insurance coverage, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many cases, an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The aim is to find the BEST coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
To read more, feel free to visit the resources below:
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Insitute)
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$1,539|
|Los Angeles, CA||$1,662|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$58|
|5-yr Claim Free||$61|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$34|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.