Cheapest 2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for low-cost insurance for a new or used Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 can be an all-consuming task, but you can learn our auto insurance buying tips to find lower rates. There are more efficient ways to find auto insurance online so we’re going to tell you the quickest way to compare rates for your Dodge and locate the lowest price from both online companies and local agents.
It’s a great practice to shop coverage around on a regular basis since rates go up and down regularly. Even if you think you had the lowest rates for Ram pickup insurance last year you can probably find a lower rate today. You’ll find quite a bit of inaccurate information about auto insurance on the web, but I’m going to show you some good information on how to find affordable auto insurance.
If you have a policy now or are shopping for new coverage, you can use this information to cut your premiums while maintaining coverages. Shopping for cheaper coverage is quite easy. Drivers just need to know the proper methods to get comparison rates on the web.
Pay less by taking advantage of discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t necessarily list every available discount very well, so we break down some of the best known as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Life Insurance – Some companies give a break if you buy life insurance.
- Multi-car Discount – Insuring more than one vehicle on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Defensive Driving Course – Completing a course in driver safety could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
- Air Bag Discount – Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of 20% or more.
- Clubs and Organizations – Belonging to a civic or occupational organization could qualify you for a break on your policy for Ram pickup insurance.
- Accident Free – Claim-free drivers can earn big discounts when compared with bad drivers.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So when it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
For a list of companies who offer insurance coverage discounts, click here.
Factors determining your Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 insurance premium
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. Knowing what determines base rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
- Lower deductibles cost more – Physical damage coverage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your Dodge. Some examples of claims that would be covered are a windshield shattered by a rock, damage from fire, and windstorm damage. Deductibles for physical damage are how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. The higher the amount the insured has to pay upfront, the less your car insurance will be for Ram pickup insurance.
- Your car’s features help determine rates – Driving a car with an alarm system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Anti-theft features like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all hinder car theft.
- Do you need the policy add-ons? – There are a ton of additional coverages you can purchase on your car insurance policy. Things like vanishing deductibles, better glass coverage and term life insurance may be wasting your money. These coverages may sound good when talking to your agent, but if they’re wasting money remove them from your policy.
- Cautious drivers pay less – Careful drivers have lower premiums than bad drivers. Only having one speeding ticket can boost insurance rates twenty percent or more. Drivers with serious tickets like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence are required to submit a SR-22 form to the state department of motor vehicles in order to continue driving.
- Liability coverage is peace of mind – Liability coverage will protect you if ever a court rules you are at fault for damages caused by your negligence. It will provide you with a defense in court up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
- More claims means more premium – Auto insurance companies give discounts to policyholders who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can expect either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Your coverage should be tailored to you
When choosing coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For example, these questions can aid in determining if your situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Knowing the specifics of your insurance policy aids in choosing the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Insurance terms can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement.
Collision coverage protection
This pays for damage to your Ram Pickup 3500 resulting from a collision with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against claims like hitting a parking meter, damaging your car on a curb, rolling your car and sideswiping another vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like damage from a tornado or hurricane, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, fire damage, hitting a bird and hitting a deer. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Medical costs insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for short-term medical expenses for funeral costs, ambulance fees, dental work and nursing services. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Dodge Ram Pickup 3500.
Since many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea.
This will cover injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property that is your fault. It protects you from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have liability limits of 25/50/25 which means $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability insurance covers claims such as repair bills for other people’s vehicles, bail bonds, repair costs for stationary objects, medical services and legal defense fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford.
Quote more, save more
Consumers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as questionable increases in premium, high prices, being labeled a high risk driver and high rates after DUI convictions. Regardless of your reason, switching companies is easier than you think.
We just covered a lot of information how to save on 2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 insurance. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the lowest rates come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
Discount insurance is possible online and with local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers do not offer you the ability to get quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
Additional insurance coverage information can be found below:
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area