Cheap 2015 Hyundai Elantra Car Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 1, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find better insurance coverage rates for your Hyundai Elantra? Having to pay for overpriced insurance coverage can overdraw your savings account and put the squeeze on your family’s finances. Shopping your coverage around is free, only takes a few minutes, and is a good way to lower your monthly bill.
Consumers have many insurance companies to buy insurance from, and although it’s a good thing to have multiple companies, too many choices makes it more difficult to adequately compare rates.
Smart consumers take time to compare prices before your policy renews since insurance rates go up and down regularly. If you had the lowest rates on Elantra coverage two years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Ignore everything you know about insurance coverage because you’re about to learn the easiest way to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
How to Compare Insurance Costs
All the larger insurance companies such as State Farm, Allstate and GEICO provide insurance quotes on their websites. This process is pretty easy as you just type in your coverage preferences as requested by the quote form. After the form is submitted, the system obtains reports for credit and driving violations and gives you a price quote determined by many factors. Online quotes helps simplify price comparisons, but having to visit many different websites and fill out multiple forms can be a bit tiresome and repetitive. But it’s very important to perform this step in order to find better insurance pricing.
The smarter way to get multiple rate quotes is to use a quote form that gets price quotes from a bunch of companies at once. The form is fast, requires less work, and makes rate comparisons a lot less work. After sending the form, it gets priced with multiple companies and you can pick any one of the quotes returned. If a lower price is quoted, you can simply submit the application and buy the policy. It can be completed in a matter of minutes and may save quite a bit of money.
In order to fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, click here and input your coverage information. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you copy deductibles and limits exactly as shown on your declarations page. This makes sure you will get rate quotes based on identical coverages.
Do drivers who switch really save $450 a year?
Auto insurance companies such as State Farm, Allstate and GEICO constantly bombard you with ads on television and other media. They all seem to have a common claim of big savings if you switch your coverage to them. How do they all make the same claim? It’s all in the numbers.
All the different companies have a certain “appetite” for the right customer that earns them a profit. An example of a driver they prefer could be between the ages of 30 and 50, has no driving citations, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. A customer who matches those parameters gets the lowest rates and therefore will save a lot of money.
Consumers who don’t qualify for the requirements will be charged higher rates which leads to business going elsewhere. The ads say “customers who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that much. That is how companies can truthfully make those claims. That is why it’s extremely important to get as many comparisons as possible. It’s not possible to predict which insurance companies will have the lowest Hyundai Elantra insurance rates.
Hyundai Elantra premiums are determined by many factors
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that go into determining your auto insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what impacts premium levels enables informed choices that can help you get better auto insurance rates.
Listed below are a partial list of the pieces auto insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
- How many coverages with the same company – The majority of insurance companies will give a discount to customers who buy several policies from them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, it’s still a good idea to shop around to verify if the discount is saving money.
- Liability coverage protects you – Liability coverage will protect you in the event that you are found to be at fault for personal injury or accident damage. It provides legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability is cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
- High numbers of claims are not good – Insurance companies provide better rates to people who are claim-free. If you frequently file small claims, you can definitely plan on either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Car insurance is designed for the large, substantial claims.
- Rates may be lower depending on your job – Careers like doctors, business owners and dentists tend to have the highest average rates because of high stress and lengthy work days. Other occupations such as farmers, historians and retirees receive lower rates on Elantra coverage.
- Proper usage rating affects rates – The more you drive each year the higher your rate. Almost all companies rate vehicles based on how the vehicle is used. Autos not used for work or commuting qualify for better rates compared to those used for work or business. Ask your agent if your auto insurance policy is showing the correct driver usage. If your policy improperly rates your Elantra may be wasting your money.
- Lower rates come with age – Youthful drivers are statistically proven to be less responsible behind the wheel so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Adding a teenage driver to your auto insurance policy can be very expensive. Older drivers tend to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents and are safer drivers.
- Better crash test results mean better rates – Safer cars tend to have better insurance rates. Safer cars protect occupants better and any reduction in injury severity translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and more competitive rates for policyholders. If the Hyundai Elantra earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may qualify for a discount.
How much can you save with discounts?
Car insurance companies do not list all their discounts very clearly, so the following is a list of both well-publicized and also the lesser-known insurance savings.
- Accident Forgiveness – Some insurance companies permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don’t have any claims for a set time period.
- 55 and Retired – Mature drivers may qualify for reduced rates on Elantra coverage.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Keeping the miles down on your Hyundai could qualify for lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems help deter theft and will save you 10% or more.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less on Elantra coverage than drivers with accidents.
- Homeowners Discount – Owning a house may trigger a insurance policy discount due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Auto/Life Discount – Some companies give a break if you buy life insurance from them.
Drivers should understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Insurance companies that may offer some of the above discounts are:
- State Farm
- 21st Century
- The Hartford
It’s a good idea to ask all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts might not apply in your area.
How much car insurance do I need?
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s needs are different and your policy should reflect that. Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- How much liability coverage do I need in my state?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Information about specific coverages
Having a good grasp of a insurance policy can help you determine appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. Insurance terms can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Below you’ll find typical coverage types found on most insurance policies.
This coverage covers damage to your Elantra from colliding with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against things like rolling your car, colliding with another moving vehicle, crashing into a ditch, scraping a guard rail and driving through your garage door. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
This pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like hitting a deer, hail damage and falling objects. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for bills for doctor visits, chiropractic care, prosthetic devices and EMT expenses. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
This can cover damage or injury you incur to people or other property in an accident. It protects YOU against other people’s claims. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have liability limits of 25/50/25 which means $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability can pay for claims like legal defense fees, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, loss of income, attorney fees and bail bonds. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your 2015 Hyundai Elantra.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Spend less. Save more.
Discount 2015 Hyundai Elantra insurance is attainable on the web as well as from independent agents, so compare prices from both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
We just covered a lot of techniques to shop for insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. Consumers may even find the lowest premiums are with a small local company. Regional companies often have lower prices on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
To read more, feel free to browse these articles:
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Hyundai Elantra in Indianapolis? (IndyAutoGuard.com)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Nissan Altima Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area