2019 Subaru Outback Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 9, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2019 Subaru Outback are $1,354 a year including full coverage. Comprehensive costs an estimated $320 each year, collision costs $478, and liability costs around $398. Buying a liability-only policy costs as low as $460 a year, with high-risk insurance costing around $2,898. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at $4,982 a year or more.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,354
Rate estimates for 2019 Subaru Outback Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2019 Subaru Outback models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a driver in their 40's, prices range go from as low as $460 for just liability insurance to a high rate of $2,898 for a driver who has had serious violations or accidents.
These differences highlight why all drivers should compare prices for a targeted area and risk profile, instead of making a decision based on price averages.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2019 Subaru Outback Insurance
Nobody that owns a car enjoys paying for auto insurance, particularly when the price is too high. With drivers having so many choices, it’s difficult to locate the most affordable auto insurance company.
Buying car insurance is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you have insurance now or are shopping for new coverage, you can learn to cut your premiums while maintaining coverages. Drivers only need an understanding of the tricks to shop their coverage around on the web.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Companies that sell car insurance do not advertise the entire discount list very well, so we took the time to find some of the best known and the more hidden insurance coverage savings.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Drivers over the age of 55 may be able to get lower premium rates on Outback coverage.
- Membership in Organizations – Affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could trigger savings on your next insurance coverage statement.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance carriers reward you with a discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Air Bag Discount – Factory options such as air bags can receive discounts of 20% or more.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – When you have multiple policies with one company you may save nearly 15% which can help you find the cheapest car insurance.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles that have factory anti-theft systems help deter theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Driver Safety – Taking time to complete a defensive driver course could earn you a small percentage discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Save with a New Car – Buying insurance coverage coverage on a new vehicle can cost up to 25% less compared to insuring an older model.
We need to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. But any discount should help reduce your overall premium however.
A list of insurance coverage companies and some of their more popular discounts are included below.
- GEICO may have discounts that include military active duty, membership and employees, multi-policy, federal employee, and anti-lock brakes.
- Mercury Insurance has discounts for professional/association, accident-free, good driver, multi-car, and location of vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include homeowner, electronic funds transfer, early shopping, youthful driver, business and professional, and good student.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts for paperless, company car, paid in full, anti-theft, air bags, and teen driver.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including exclusive group savings, teen driver discount, newly married, safety features, hybrid vehicle, multi-car, and new move discount.
- SAFECO includes discounts for homeowner, anti-theft, bundle discounts, anti-lock brakes, drive less, and multi-car.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online quote discount, good student, online signing, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, and homeowner.
- USAA has savings for loyalty savings, military installation, vehicle storage, family discount, safe driver, good student, and driver training.
When quoting, ask every insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Discounts might not apply in your area. To view providers offering insurance coverage discounts, enter your zip code here.
Auto insurance is unique, just like you
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Every situation is different so your insurance needs to address that. For example, these questions may help highlight if your situation may require specific advice.
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- What is the ISO rating for a 2019 Subaru Outback?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my 2019 Subaru Outback?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete your zip code. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Is there truth in advertising?
Drivers can’t ignore all the ads that promise big savings for switching from companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive. All the companies seem to make the promise that you’ll save big if you just switch your policy.
It sounds good, but how can they all lower your rates? Here is how they do it.
Insurance companies have strict underwriting profiles for the driver that earns them the highest profit. A good example of a profitable customer might be between the ages of 30 and 50, has no prior claims, and does not commute to work. Any customer that matches those criteria receive the lowest rate quotes and will save money with a new company.
Potential customers who don’t qualify for these standards will be charged a higher premium and ends up with the customer buying from a different company. The ads state “people who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much when switching. This is how insurance companies can confidently make those statements. Because of this risk profiling, drivers should compare as many free car insurance quotes as you can. It’s impossible to know which company will provide the lowest car insurance rates.
Understanding the coverages of car insurance can help you determine the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Listed below are the normal coverages offered by car insurance companies.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision) – Comprehensive insurance covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like damage from getting keyed, hitting a bird and hail damage. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Insurance for medical payments – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for immediate expenses like EMT expenses, chiropractic care, X-ray expenses and doctor visits. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover both the driver and occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Collision coverage – Collision insurance covers damage to your Outback resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for claims like colliding with a tree, scraping a guard rail, crashing into a building, hitting a parking meter and sideswiping another vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. Another option is to choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance – Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Subaru Outback.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Liability insurance – This can cover damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you against claims from other people. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have policy limits of 50/100/50 which stand for $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000.
Liability can pay for claims such as structural damage, medical expenses, emergency aid and loss of income. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Never pay more for less
When you buy car insurance online, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal is to get the best coverage possible at the lowest possible cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
A few companies do not offer rates over the internet and usually these smaller providers prefer to sell through local independent agencies. Budget-friendly car insurance can be purchased online and also from your neighborhood agents, and you should compare rates from both so you have a total pricing picture.
Additional information is located below:
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$2,139|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,313|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$96|
|5-yr Claim Free||$86|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$60|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.